Back to Back Cruises

glsebs

I found a 21 day cruise in the Med for April/May 2024 on the Encore. There appears to be only one cabin available in a poor location for this 21 day cruise.  However, if I look at the 2 segments that make up this cruise, there are suites available, and i found one V3 suite that is available on both segments.  

Is there any disadvantage to booking the two back to back segments re price and benefits. I assume this is an inventory issue for Seabourn holding back cabins for the shorter segments.

Thanks so much!

17 hours ago, glsebs said:

I found a 21 day cruise in the Med for April/May 2024 on the Encore. There appears to be only one cabin available in a poor location for this 21 day cruise.  However, if I look at the 2 segments that make up this cruise, there are suites available, and i found one V3 suite that is available on both segments.  

Is there any disadvantage to booking the two back to back segments re price and benefits. I assume this is an inventory issue for Seabourn holding back cabins for the shorter segments.

Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Usually when you book B2B there is more inventory as the 3 posts above state.

Worst is when you try to book a part of the world cruise, they won't give you a room until a week before you board (at least that was our experience 11 years ago) 

As I previously posted, we would never do a back to cruise in the Med again.  We did it in May this year, no entertainment or very little during the day and it was not enjoyable.  They are run as separate 7 day cruises and although we love the itinerary it was too disruptive especially with the large corporate groups on board and changeover day. We will now do only 10/12 or 14 day cruises where there is no changeover.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tallante said:

As I previously posted, we would never do a back to cruise in the Med again.  We did it in May this year, no entertainment or very little during the day and it was not enjoyable.  They are run as separate 7 day cruises and although we love the itinerary it was too disruptive especially with the large corporate groups on board and changeover day. We will now do only 10/12 or 14 day cruises where there is no changeover.

On my goodness! My mom and I cruised on Seabourn from 2004 to 2017 until she couldno longer cruise. Over that 13 year period we booked many 7-day back-to-back cruise. Some 14-day cruises but mostly 21-day cruises. We never had an issue booking specific suites. Have your TA call Seabourn. 

4 minutes ago, TootyJane said:

On my goodness! My mom and I cruised on Seabourn from 2004 to 2017 until she couldno longer cruise. Over that 13 year period we booked many 7-day back-to-back cruise. Some 14-day cruises but mostly 21-day cruises. We never had an issue booking specific suites. Have your TA call Seabourn. 

Yes and we have directly.  Seabourn have been very good about it.  I think now they seem to be run very differently. Although we have cruised with Seabourn for many years on 14, 21 and longer cruises, I don’t believe we were on any that were 7 back to back cruises.

23 hours ago, Tallante said:

We are very reluctant to book a back to back to back in the Mediterranean --even though we like the itineraries.  We did a back to back (10 day and 7 day) in the Baltic.  The last seven days was a very different crowd and it made a significant difference.  Everyone, at the time, who had been on the first leg of the trip commented.  I do think SB could sell longer cruises there if they were not broken up.  

39 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We are very reluctant to book a back to back to back in the Mediterranean --even though we like the itineraries.  We did a back to back (10 day and 7 day) in the Baltic.  The last seven days was a very different crowd and it made a significant difference.  Everyone, at the time, who had been on the first leg of the trip commented.  I do think SB could sell longer cruises there if they were not broken up.  

I so agree.  However, I believe that 7 day med cruises suit the Corporste  Groups rather than the longer cruises. For us it was the lack of entertainment during the day plus no hosted bridge, art clases, same guest speaker for 3 weeks plus large corporate groups each week added up to our being dissatisfied with the cruise.  Our TA does beautifully printed coloured brochures where you can see at a glance the number of days and what are back to back.  We’ve been studying tHem carefully before we book again.

• Like 1