Shoes for British isles cruise

Moe59

Same shoes you'd wear anywhere ... you won't need any wellies.  Supportive, comfortable, well broken-in, able to stand up to some moisture.  Of course, if you're going out to hit the trails on serious hikes, that's a whole different story.  You will LOVE the British Isles from a ship!  I hope you're on a small one so can visit really interesting places.  

Edited by jsn55
adjective

As a Brit from the North i'd recommend you bring waterproof, comfortable footwear for excursions along with a rain coat and umbrella!! 

Other than that footwear as you would for any cruise, something to slop about in on sea days and something to go with your evening wear. 

In May I brought Vessi sneakers (waterproof), Sorel waterproof short boots & flats for the ship.

In August I'd probably swap the boots for waterproof walking sandals; perhaps some comfy leather white tennies if its cooler.

I like my ariats for a trip like that.  They are lightweight and have good ankle support.  I sprayed them with waterproofing.  They have been my go to shoes for Alaska, Norway and New England.  I wear them on the plane and pack other shoes.

I'm going on a cruise at the end of August to The British Isles too🙂 for 12 nights and all the places are new to me! Can't wait🙂

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 8:21 AM, Keksie said:

I like my ariats for a trip like that.  They are lightweight and have good ankle support.  I sprayed them with waterproofing.  They have been my go to shoes for Alaska, Norway and New England.  I wear them on the plane and pack other shoes.

Which Ariats do you have?  I have the H2O (waterproof) Terrains.  Bought them for an AK trip in 2007 and have been loving them eer since!

9 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Which Ariats do you have?  I have the H2O (waterproof) Terrains.  Bought them for an AK trip in 2007 and have been loving them eer since!

I don't remember.  I bought them in 2006.  Still in great shape and like you still love them.

• Like 1