New Orleans - How Many Days for Pre-cruise Stay

curious_st

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Are you going to be there the first 2 weeks of the month or after that? Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is Feb. 13th next year. Everything will be crowded and expensive before then. Hope you are going to be there after the 14th!!

I'm going Febuary 22 2024 and I have the same question as OP

6 hours ago, curious_st said:

I will be sailing out of New Orleans in February 2024.  This will be my first visit to NOLA.  How long do you recommend for a pre-cruise stay?  Is a couple of days long enough to catch the highlights?

@curious_st

Please feel free to research the Ports of Call - New Orleans forum too.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:06 PM, Texas Tillie said:

Are you going to be there the first 2 weeks of the month or after that? Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is Feb. 13th next year. Everything will be crowded and expensive before then. Hope you are going to be there after the 14th!!

It will be after.  Mardi Gras sounds spectacularly fun, but the prices and crowds do not.

Depends on what you would like to do. Some venues, like the WWII museum, are all-day. Same with plantations. You can find self-guided tours of the French Quarter, Garden District, and more. Ghost tours are popular.

February weather in NO is unpredictable. Cold and rainy days sometimes, cool and dry at others. Crap shoot. When you get closer to your arrival date:

www.bestofneworleans.com for local events

Music: wwoz.org

On the New Orleans board I recently posted a list of restaurants I like, in or near downtown. There are lots of others.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, curious_st said:

I will be sailing out of New Orleans in February 2024.  This will be my first visit to NOLA.  How long do you recommend for a pre-cruise stay?  Is a couple of days long enough to catch the highlights?

You may find this useful:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/category/port-of-departure/new-orleans/

I have an October 15th cruise booked but flying in early on the 13th. I hope I planned well.  I really just want to walk around and check out the food and drink scene.  Also boked a Magazine St. food tour.