Specialties dining M class vs S class

floralscent

Hello! We have sailed Celebrity numerous times but always on S class ships and once on the Edge. We love our specialty restaurants and always purchase a dining pkg pre-cruise.  I was wondering if anyone could share differences between the Tuscan and Le Petit on S class and M class.

We love the Tuscan and the view and intimacy it provides on the S class but as far as I can tell, the Millennium atmosphere is totally different from the Solstice. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Are all tables very close together or is it possible to sit at a private table without someone 6 inches from your table? We love people but love to dine without the discomfort of someone so close to you that they may as well be at your table.

Le Petit is likely the only other restaurant we would visit. I know it’s dark in there most of the time for the show and dining but are the table very close?

Thank you in advance! I don’t want to reserve the pkg in advance if the dining experience will be the same as the crowded dining room. 

Tuscan is smaller and doesn’t have the view of the wake.  There were times we went when it was so dark it was hard to see.  Last month they had the lights all the way up, no atmosphere.  Food last month was extremely salty and was served barely warm.  

We had a free dinner which we used to book LPC for the   8:15 seating.  The afternoon of our reservation they called asking us to move to the 5: 30 seating as they were cancelling the 2nd seating as low reservations.  We declined but asked if there was another night they would have the 2nd seating. They said yes and moved our reservation.  The day of the 2nd reservation a call in the afternoon, a repeat of the first,  want us to move as low booking, we declined.  About 30 minutes later they called saying they would have the 2nd seating.  We went and there were a total of 12 people ( 6 were crew) having dinner.  It was good but certainly can’t count of them getting enough bookings to have the meal.  BTW our ship was full

• Like 1

Thank you for the quick reply, jelayne! 

Great info and I appreciate it! My brain says no pre booked dinging and my heart says do it. Times onboard are very different than before the shut down and I too feel the food isn’t as good. Thought it was just my changing tastebuds but maybe not. Our Millennium Japan itinerary is a very port intensive one and maybe we should reconsider reserving ahead this time.  Hmmmm….what to do, what to do…

50 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Tuscan is smaller and doesn’t have the view of the wake.  There were times we went when it was so dark it was hard to see.  Last month they had the lights all the way up, no atmosphere.  Food last month was extremely salty and was served barely warm.  

We had a free dinner which we used to book LPC for the   8:15 seating.  The afternoon of our reservation they called asking us to move to the 5: 30 seating as they were cancelling the 2nd seating as low reservations.  We declined but asked if there was another night they would have the 2nd seating. They said yes and moved our reservation.  The day of the 2nd reservation a call in the afternoon, a repeat of the first,  want us to move as low booking, we declined.  About 30 minutes later they called saying they would have the 2nd seating.  We went and there were a total of 12 people ( 6 were crew) having dinner.  It was good but certainly can’t count of them getting enough bookings to have the meal.  BTW our ship was full

We had our LPC canceled a couple of hours before we were scheduled on beyond, but did it twice on Summit in March great meal it wasn’t crowded but they didn’t cancel it . Agree atmosphere for Tuscan is so much nicer on S class.

There is no comparison between the Specialty Restaurants between the two classes.  On the S class, you have Murano, the view of the wake from Tuscan Grill, and you may have the Lawn Club on select ships.  We did a visit to the Tuscan at Constellation and decided it was not for us.  It was dark but we were expecting a nice view like on S-class.  Not for us.

One of the main reasons we haven’t cruised on M class for some years has been the lack of Speciality Restaurants. Like you, we really enjoy them.

However, a nostalgic yearning has us back on Infinity next year…

We plan on dining in Tuscan, LPC and Sushi. In addition we are definitely going to have at least one night dining in suite. We are also looking at the Chef’s market tour which would add a different type of speciality dining experience…Then there is still the Champagne Dinner we could consider or giving Chef’s Table another try. Finally there is Oceanview…In the evening this can be a really relaxing place to eat, especially after a busy excursion day…If I add all those options up I certainly won’t starve!

9 hours ago, floralscent said:

Our Millennium Japan itinerary is a very port intensive one and maybe we should reconsider reserving ahead this time.  Hmmmm….what to do, what to do…

We also have a Japan itinerary booked in 2025 on Millennium, our plans include several visits to Sushi on 5, as we do enjoy sushi.

Always worth checking the menu there as there are quite a few options that do not involve raw fish if that is what is putting you off....

I'd have to agree with the other comments though, the location and ambiance in Tuscan is very poor compared to the S class ships. It would have made a lot more sense to put a Murano in there, and LPC is not for us.

10 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

We also have a Japan itinerary booked in 2025 on Millennium, our plans include several visits to Sushi on 5, as we do enjoy sushi.

Always worth checking the menu there as there are quite a few options that do not involve raw fish if that is what is putting you off....

I'd have to agree with the other comments though, the location and ambiance in Tuscan is very poor compared to the S class ships. It would have made a lot more sense to put a Murano in there, and LPC is not for us.

Totally agree on all your comment…

We can remember the old ‘Liner’ days on M class the venue was lovely. 

Like you LPC has been a twice and done for us. First time we enjoyed the novelty the second time despite a different story line it just wasn’t a Speciality experience for us. Why they don’t now change it ($$$) when we are reading of regular cancellations of second sitting I don’t know…

I am not a sushi fan but I never struggle to find something tasty in Sushi on Five!

21 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Why they don’t now change it ($$$) when we are reading of regular cancellations of second sitting I don’t know…

We did ask that question, and the answer was that there is a long contract in place that would be expensive to cancel so we are stuck with it...

Tuscan on M class varies depending on the specific ship. The size of Tuscan on Infinity is twice the size of Tuscan on the Summit or Millennium because they added cabins and decreased the restaurant space on deck 3. The Constellation also has the additional cabins on deck 3 and now LPC occupies the space deck 3. Tuscan is on deck 11 where LPC is on the other M class ships.

I prefer Tuscan on the Infinity over the other M class ships. Much nicer entrance and atmosphere than the other M class ships.

S class speciality dining, especially those with lawn club grill and the porch, is much nicer all around.

I found the Tuscan fun on the M class ships and have had great meals there, have done it 4x on the Connie over the last yearish.  Is it the same as the one on S class, no but I don't compare them I take it as it is.  Also, that is where I have had the Champayne dinner and had a wonderful time with that meal, will repeat it again if I see it on any of my future sailings as I prefer it way over the chefs table. Cant comment on Le Petit as the menu never interested me at all.