How Bad is Terminal 29 Really?

soapbxking

ok, so I keep seeing posts and/or comments about how awful terminal 29 is.  If I am not mistaken, we will sail the Reflection form that terminal in January.  Can those who have sailed form there, give me true accurate comments on exactly why it is bad, if it is.  I understand it is an older terminal.  I mean is there air condition?  seating, is it clean.  I mean , in all my travels i have never spent more than 25 minutes in a terminal before boarding so wondering how awful an experience could it truly be?  🙂   Also if anyone has pics of the terminal etc, please feel free to share 🙂

It's not bright and sparkly and well designed like Terminal 25 but it's fine. Totally sufficient for a quick boarding. There is definitely air conditioning. It may feel industrial in some areas but it's fine. The only major difference is for suite guests if that is where the comparison stems from. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree the Suite check in area is less fancy than many other terminals but it is ok.  If you show up at your assigned check in time you should spend no more than 10 minutes in the terminal.

Returning the area for passenger pick up, is small and gets  very congested.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sailed out of terminal 29 on a RCCL cruise about 10 years ago. We waited outside to disembark and get luggage. It was definitely not updated then but seemed nicer than NYC terminals. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, paulh84 said:

It's not bright and sparkly and well designed like Terminal 25 but it's fine. Totally sufficient for a quick boarding. There is definitely air conditioning. It may feel industrial in some areas but it's fine. The only major difference is for suite guests if that is where the comparison stems from. 

thanks.  Yeah i dont have to have fancy, just clean and doable 🙂  I have sailed out of Tampa, Mobile, Canaveral(favorite for sure), NYC etc.  We shall see 🙂

It is fine if you are a typical cruiser.  Those who cruise in suites will see a difference.  

On one of our cruises, we left from 25 and returned at 29. Easy departure at 29 each time but can be confusing trying to find your car.

• Like 1

You have to take a shuttle from the parking garage to the ship. The bus stop is in front of the parking garage with a smallish sign. The shuttle will take your luggage, but it is a bit easier to drop it off. Know it can be a bit confusing over there because they drop the luggage away from where you go into the terminal. 29 is not as convenient as the other terminals.

• Like 1

There’s nothing wrong with the terminal but if you drive to the port like we do it’s a pain in the neck because a shuttle bus is needed to transfer you from the garage to the terminal. 

• Like 1

Terminal 29 isn't really that bad.  The major inconvenience is for those parking at the port who will need to take a shuttle bus to #29.  For them, it's easiest to first drive to 29 and let the rest of your party and their bags out there.  Then the driver follows the signs to the parking garage and takes the shuttle bus back to 29 to meet the rest of the group.  

You won't be spending much time in the actual terminal itself unless you arrive way too early.  

• Like 1

T29 is our least favorite terminal, but it's a little better than it used to be. We departed from there in January (came back to T19) and having pre-assigned departure times definitely helps a lot. The main issue is its traffic pattern, which isn't as passenger-friendly as most other terminals. Because T29 is stuffed in between cargo containers and cars, you're not dropped directly in front of the terminal - I tried to show in the photo that the Luggage (see the L) and taxi/shuttle plaza is a ways in front of the terminal entrance; you walk from there across the traffic pattern and if there's a line, it snakes under the metal awning. Pre-COVID that line would sometimes go beyond the covered part, but in January we walked right into the terminal, no line. It's not as fancy inside as T25 but you probably won't be there long. It's a good ways from the garage - not walkable. But if you're at a hotel, very often their shuttles go to T29 first as it's the farthest from the entrances, so that's a plus!

T29_2023Jan.JPEG

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 11:20 AM, keesar said:

It is fine if you are a typical cruiser.  Those who cruise in suites will see a difference.  

On one of our cruises, we left from 25 and returned at 29. Easy departure at 29 each time but can be confusing trying to find your car.

we are tyocail cruiser. we are in Aquaclass this time but oh well lol 🙂

We disembarked from there in January, embarking was from T25. It wasn't as bad as I expected, even though they did not have facial recognition. We were in a suite and hung out on the ship for about 30 minutes after breakfast. When we got in the terminal we hailed a porter who got us through a line to a taxi pretty quickly. Much better than the old double terminal that they used before T25 was remodeled (you had to walk down a long walkway outside the terminal before you even got into the terminal) but no where as good as T25. I would time my flight with this in mind but would still book an earlier flight and not linger on the ship.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:30 PM, Keys Kathy said:

You have to take a shuttle from the parking garage to the ship. The bus stop is in front of the parking garage with a smallish sign. The shuttle will take your luggage, but it is a bit easier to drop it off. Know it can be a bit confusing over there because they drop the luggage away from where you go into the terminal. 29 is not as convenient as the other terminals.

We will Uber in

You will be fine. It is just older.  

It is, however, usually clean, has working AC, restrooms, etc.  

We've been in and out of T29 plenty of times since the restart and it has been just fine.  You are only there a few minutes. 

We sailed out of T29 on Jan 2 several years ago. Since we are Zenith we went thru the priority line and were onboard in 30-60 minutes. Our friends were elite and had to wait out in the sun for over 3 hours !!!

44 minutes ago, theopup said:

How do you know what terminal you are sailing from. We are sailing from FLL in February on a Princess cruise?

I do not see. Terminal listed on my ap?

Go to https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ and do a Query.  They only show up to 3 months out.  You can also go to https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html and see what other Celebrity ships are in Port Everglades with you.  If an Edge class ship they will more likely be at Terminal 25.  If you are only Celebrity ship in port that day you will most likely be in Terminal 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1