Whisper recent reviews

wendyp247

It is an older ship and there are certainly better equipped and designed Silverseas ships out there with more to offer such as Muse, Moon and Dawn to choose from. But if the itinerary suits you why not try it? You will probably know if you made the right choice within the first 10 minutes of boarding.

Happy and healthy sailing!

On 6/28/2023 at 6:25 AM, wendyp247 said:

Found a perfect Itinerary for us but after reading some reviews and seeing utubes we are hesiatant to book Whisper. Please give us pros and cons. 

Not sure when you'll be going, but the Whisper is set for a refurbishment next year and will be going into drydock for 1 month starting April 7, 2024.  

We were on the Whisper last June 2022 .She was in great shape.Service was great and everything was in working order. I would not hesitate to book again .The one thing you may not like is the smaller size(we like) and fewer restaurants(not a problem for us).Give it a try and don' t worry.I am sure you will have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, olindacat said:

I was thinking of booking the Sept 7 Alaska to Japan trip, but the reviews on the review section of this site have scared me to death!

There is a set of cruisers who don't appreciate older ships.  Just as there are people who will only consider buying a brand-new house.  Looking back at our cruising history, it is the older ships that stand out as our favorites.  So I'm not worried about most of the things those reviewers were upset about, even though I will be sailing on Whisper in January, with a dry dock scheduled a few months later.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak to what is in those reviews and YouTube videos, but I can tell you that we've enjoyed Whisper a great deal in the past and would not hesitate to go back. I'd be lying if I said I wish there were one more bar on board or dining choice on board, but I'd be lying even more if I said that keeps me from going back. 

A smaller, older ship is a different experience, but it's not a bad one of you just embrace what you have. You will know the crew and most of the other passengers. It's cozier but also more congenial.

We're in our early 50s, if that helps for reference. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, DCPIV said:

I can't speak to what is in those reviews and YouTube videos, but I can tell you that we've enjoyed Whisper a great deal in the past and would not hesitate to go back. I'd be lying if I said I wish there were one more bar on board or dining choice on board, but I'd be lying even more if I said that keeps me from going back. 

A smaller, older ship is a different experience, but it's not a bad one of you just embrace what you have. You will know the crew and most of the other passengers. It's cozier but also more congenial.

We're in our early 50s, if that helps for reference. 

Same here, Mrs Banjo and i will be on the Dawn for the first time in October.  We love the smaller ships and in fact most of our SS cruises have been on the Wind and the Cloud, (both before conversion to expedition ships).  We have also cruised on the whisper and enjoyed it very much…….  But we are not hard to please. 

On 7/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Not sure when you'll be going, but the Whisper is set for a refurbishment next year and will be going into drydock for 1 month starting April 7, 2024.  

We are on the Whisper next May, right after drydock.  Any idea what they are doing while in drydock?

1 minute ago, RLK33853 said:

Any idea what they are doing while in drydock?

We were told it would be a "complete refurbishment", but the Silversea Rep did not have details on what that would entail.  He did indicate there would be no new restaurants added, however others have speculated the refurb would mirror that of the Shadow from a few years ago which would add a dedicated space for the Arts Cafe.