Moveup - Royal Suite perks

bcoleman76

3 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

The big question is how is this enforced?

It's easy to enforce.  Your card will indicate the drink package you have and any bartender that swipes it will know exactly which drink package you have.  This is outside the Retreat Lounge.  I was never asked for my card in Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  The first day of each cruise, I was though asked for my card in Luminae and so the Sommelier knew which package I had.

And whatever wi-fi package you get is associated with your reservation and so when you login that first time, it will know which one to give you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

It's easy to enforce.  Your card will indicate the drink package you have and any bartender that swipes it will know exactly which drink package you have.  This is outside the Retreat Lounge.  I was never asked for my card in Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  The first day of each cruise, I was though asked for my card in Luminae and so the Sommelier knew which package I had.

And whatever wi-fi package you get is associated with your reservation and so when you login that first time, it will know which one to give you.

Ok - I'm new to all of this so I had no idea. Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Another question since you have been so wonderfully helpful - how are the cocktails under the basic beverage package? I reviewed the list of liquor and stuff when we first booked and those are fine with me, but as far as saying "make me a bloody mary" or whatever is that pretty reasonable? I understand with that package I'm not getting the mint ginger top shelf fancy thing, and I'm fine with that for the most part. I do enjoy high end cocktails but I"m not sure it's worth $20 per person per day extra (That is what they want for the upgrade).  

1 minute ago, bcoleman76 said:

Another question since you have been so wonderfully helpful - how are the cocktails under the basic beverage package? I reviewed the list of liquor and stuff when we first booked and those are fine with me, but as far as saying "make me a bloody mary" or whatever is that pretty reasonable? I understand with that package I'm not getting the mint ginger top shelf fancy thing, and I'm fine with that for the most part. I do enjoy high end cocktails but I"m not sure it's worth $20 per person per day extra (That is what they want for the upgrade).  

Have you checked your sailing cruise planner today to see if upgrading is on special?  Also if you have certain Captains Club levels I believe there is a discount on the upgrade but you have to call for that.

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Have you checked your sailing cruise planner today to see if upgrading is on special?  Also if you have certain Captains Club levels I believe there is a discount on the upgrade but you have to call for that.

Right now it is showing $20 per person per day. I'm new to this so I don' thave Captains Club unless I got enrolled in that automatically.  

9 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

Most people I hear who upgrade to the premium package are doing so because of better wines (although supply has been an issue for that), better high end liquors, the martinis at the martini bar, and things like fancy waters.  There are plenty of basic cocktails covered under the classic package.  And with the classic package, you get a $10 discount on anything that is more expensive so if sometimes you want to splurge on a higher end cocktail or better wine, it generally won't cost you more than a couple dollars.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Most people I hear who upgrade to the premium package are doing so because of better wines (although supply has been an issue for that), better high end liquors, the martinis at the martini bar, and things like fancy waters.  There are plenty of basic cocktails covered under the classic package.  And with the classic package, you get a $10 discount on anything that is more expensive so if sometimes you want to splurge on a higher end cocktail or better wine, it generally won't cost you more than a couple dollars.

Thanks. Yes, I'm thinking that it makes more sense to just pay a few dollars extra for a special drink occasionally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

If you look at what I screen shot above it specifically says all 4 of the Suite perks for any suite are not included in any Moveup.

You already said this upthread. I can look at that screen shot all night. I don't know how many times I need to tell you before you understand that I'm saying I think that it's wrong. You're not going to convince me otherwise, screen shots are not going to convince me, URLs to Celebrity are not going to convince me. Only someone that wins a move-up bid to Royal Suite or above with no wifi will convince me. I believe that the 2 premium wifi logins per person are an stateroom amenity of Royal Suites and above, which renders the existing wifi booking perk moot.

• Thanks 1

Lots of people have answered for you in different ways, the confusion with move up bids is really around high end suites.

in most bids you keep your original promotions , obc, Wi-Fi etc and just get room

ameneties (ie if moving up to aqua you would get blu and Persian garden and canapés for example ) but keep your perks / promotion from original booking - I also believe you would pay the new tips (if you had tips as a promotion you would pay the difference from your original perk tip to the new top price ) the only time this gets confusing is in high end suites like the royal where the room comes with certain benefits like premium drinks , Wi-Fi , speciality dining etc - so you would automatically get premium if you only had classic drinks or no drinks ) any other promotions like tips and obc would be what you had with original booking.  You would again pay the higher suite tips and if you had tips as a perk again you would pay the difference .  
uou also only pay for 2 guests on the move up even if more than 2 in the room so bidding 1k each would only be 2k even if 3 in the room .  
drinks in lounge and retreat deck are free so you would get those in any suite irrelevant of what you got with your booking .

the question about captains club I would encourage you to register and add to your booking so you could benefit from day 1 of earning points which do give some benefits for future cruises .  Good luck with your bidding 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Keddy72 said:

Lots of people have answered for you in different ways, the confusion with move up bids is really around high end suites.

in most bids you keep your original promotions , obc, Wi-Fi etc and just get room

ameneties (ie if moving up to aqua you would get blu and Persian garden and canapés for example ) but keep your perks / promotion from original booking - I also believe you would pay the new tips (if you had tips as a promotion you would pay the difference from your original perk tip to the new top price ) the only time this gets confusing is in high end suites like the royal where the room comes with certain benefits like premium drinks , Wi-Fi , speciality dining etc - so you would automatically get premium if you only had classic drinks or no drinks ) any other promotions like tips and obc would be what you had with original booking.  You would again pay the higher suite tips and if you had tips as a perk again you would pay the difference .  
uou also only pay for 2 guests on the move up even if more than 2 in the room so bidding 1k each would only be 2k even if 3 in the room .  
drinks in lounge and retreat deck are free so you would get those in any suite irrelevant of what you got with your booking .

the question about captains club I would encourage you to register and add to your booking so you could benefit from day 1 of earning points which do give some benefits for future cruises .  Good luck with your bidding 

Thank you.  I’m still torn on bidding. Not sure if I should go with a mid kind of bud or max it out and try to really get the royal suite.  Max bid would total $6000 (3k per guest)

This is from Celebity's website, maybe it will help:

The best amenities, all included.*

As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with four newly added perks*—premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like.

Premium Drinks

Premium Wi-Fi

Tips

Onboard Credit

*Special fares and MoveUp upgrades from non-suite staterooms do not receive these amenities.

Here's the link: www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

I was really hoping someone with actual experience moving up from a fare without the premium drink and wifi packages to an upper suite would be able to share their experiences.  It makes complete sense to me that upper suites might have wifi and the drinks package included in the cabin as an amenity not a perk but to me Celebrity's website is pretty clear that you don't get drinks or wifi with a MoveUp bid and I don't see an exception to that policy for upper suites.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

Thank you.  I’m still torn on bidding. Not sure if I should go with a mid kind of bud or max it out and try to really get the royal suite.  Max bid would total $6000 (3k per guest)

If it’s any help this is my view - it would be an amazing experience something you would remember for a long time , the fact you are hesitating I would say max bid is not something you are comfortable with , i

would

suggest a bid you are comfortable more than the minimum maybe around half and if you are lucky to get it well done if not you have a lot

of money saved for another cruise oE to enhance the one you are on 

Edited by Keddy72
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I was really hoping someone with actual experience moving up from a fare without the premium drink and wifi packages to an upper suite would be able to share their experiences.  It makes complete sense to me that upper suites might have wifi and the drinks package included in the cabin as an amenity not a perk but to me Celebrity's website is pretty clear that you don't get drinks or wifi with a MoveUp bid and I don't see an exception to that policy for upper suites.

I have successfully bid up before and as said I got the room amenities not the booking perks - so the retreat perks for suites wasn’t included - I had friends with classic drinks and tips - they remained with classic in the sky suite and has to pay the difference in tip .  I have been in a royal in a bid up , and got the room

ameneties - multiple Wi-Fi, we already had premium drinks but no additional

obc we kept

our original booking Obc 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Keddy72 said:

I have successfully bid up before and as said I got the room amenities not the booking perks - so the retreat perks for suites wasn’t included - I had friends with classic drinks and tips - they remained with classic in the sky suite and has to pay the difference in tip .  I have been in a royal in a bid up , and got the room

ameneties - multiple Wi-Fi, we already had premium drinks but no additional

obc we kept

our original booking Obc 

Just to clarify, when you bid on and were awarded a Royal Suite, you already had premium wifi and premium drinks from your original booking?  What I am curious is someone who won a bid to an upper suite that either had classic drink/basic wifi or neither of those perks in their original booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Keddy72 said:

Hope this helps see what comes with each suite (this is pre updating the suites but gives an idea ) IMG_9027.thumb.jpeg.6b49a22a9bd5a537dabb216de1aa0468.jpeg

Interesting.  Where is this from and how old is it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Keddy72 said:

It was on the celebrity corporate website before edge class was created 

So before the introduction of the AI fares and maybe even before the MoveUp program started.  I'm not saying it can't still be accurate but a lot has changed in that time frame.

• Like 1

I can't find it but about 3 or 4 months ago there was a thread and yes someone who did a MoveUp to a RS without Premium Bev Package and Premium Wifi did have it included with the RS.   There were at least 2 people on that thread that confirmed first hand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I can't find it but about 3 or 4 months ago there was a thread and yes someone who did a MoveUp to a RS without Premium Bev Package and Premium Wifi did have it included with the RS.   There were at least 2 people on that thread that confirmed first hand.

I dug through the threads I could find from the last couple years (including one from not that long ago) and didn't see any such examples but that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed something.

6 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I suspect that the number of people staying in a non suite that win a bid to an upper level suite is very low.  Therefore most of those winning bids would already have all suite perks. 

Agree with this. The odds are almost non-existent.