"Free jewelry cleaning" onboard

I’ve seen the promotion. I had them clean a ring. Of course they want to get you in the store to you buy something. I simply said no thank you and that was the end of it.  They were no pushier than any other ship store clerk. 
m

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I occasionally see a man at a podium, with a sign offering free cleaning of jewelry.  Have any of you taken him up on this?  Is it followed by a hard sell for the $$$ jewelry shop?

Why does it matter. Get your jewelry cleaned and walk away. Simple. 

• Like 2

If you go to your County Fair every few years, they usually have great jewelry cleaning products in the vendor building. ☺️ We have purchased several times, there is usually a paste you can apply with an old toothbrush and a liquid for cleaning diamonds and jewelry. We clean our rings and such before we go on vacation. We don't even worry or wonder about what they are selling. ☺️

• Like 1

I did this a couple of weeks ago on Navigator, first time I'd seen it offered. It was held in the jewelry store. A man, who didn't seem to excited about it, took my ring and cleaned it in front of us. Handed it back and we said thanks... the end. Never really spoke to us at all and definitely didn't try to sell us anything. I was very surprised.