"Good" Coffee Only in International Café (Regal)?

ricka47

While I appreciate good coffee, I'll drink just about anything. However, my wife will not drink cruise ship coffee. So, I usually get her a coffee card or make other arrangements to get her AM buzz. We have not been on Princess in 20 years, and it seems that the only place to get better coffee is in the International Café. Is that correct?

The International Cafe serves lots of Espresso and speciality type coffees. There's also another place up in the middle part of the buffet (near cakes and desserts) that does the same speciality drinks, and the Princess Live Bar / Cafe too. Basically, they are the places with an Italian style Espresso machine. Via the App, they'll also deliver coffee of your choice to wherever you are / your room (not always the quickest option).

Like your wife, I'm a bit picky when it comes to my coffee, and had no problem getting good drinks from the places above when we spent two weeks on the Regal last summer.

Enjoy your trip! 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just not that particular, but the dripped coffee on the Royal class ships in the buffet isn't all that bad. It's still not as good as what you pay for at the IC,  but it is included. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Maybe I'm just not that particular, but the dripped coffee on the Royal class ships in the buffet isn't all that bad. It's still not as good as what you pay for at the IC,  but it is included. 

I agree with this. We were on the Regal last week and found the coffee at breakfast in the Horizon to be fine. I did notice the stand in the middle of cakes & Pastries (Market Fresh) but thought that was just people needing coffee to go, in paper cups. Then again, most coffee is OK for me.

• Like 1

International Cafe has espresso drinks and it also has brewed coffee from higher quality beans. I am not certain if the other two locations mentioned in post 2 has brewed coffee. There is a charge for brewed coffee at the I.C. Brewed coffee is included in the plus and premier fares. Free drip coffee is served in the buffet as well as the DRs. It is fairly decent. 

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I agree with this. We were on the Regal last week and found the coffee at breakfast in the Horizon to be fine. I did notice the stand in the middle of cakes & Pastries (Market Fresh) but thought that was just people needing coffee to go, in paper cups. Then again, most coffee is OK for me.

That reminds me that I should get paper cups at night so I can get coffee to go early in the morning at the buffet area before the pastry shop opens. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

There is a charge for brewed coffee at the I.C.

A few years ago, before the pandemic, they were giving brewed coffee at the IC before 6 AM at no charge.

I doubt if that's true any longer today.

8 hours ago, pompeii said:

Does anyone know if they've started serving Lavazza coffee yet?

I believe we had Lavazza on the Royal last month.

And Yes--the specialty coffee is also served near the dessert area in the buffet and also at the bar near Princess Live, in addition to the IC (at least that's how it was on the Royal). Also--you can order for delivery on the Medallion app.

I can only guess at this moment because I am taking my first post covid times cruise, but the vista class ships ( royal, regal, discovery, enchanted) had regular coffee thru out ship including dining rooms.  All others had coffee made from a syrup which my personal opinion is it is awful.  I would suggest upon having your first meal onboard ask if coffee is made from syrup.  Hope this helps

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

14 hours ago, Tedferg said:

My taste buds are good with the buffet’s and dining room’s included coffee…it’s made from ground coffee on all Royal-class ships using their filtered coffee machines & not from concentrate like on older Princess ships. The coffee shop in the pastry area of the buffet & the Princess Live bar can only make espresso based drinks & not brewed coffee like at the IC (although you can pay for a Cafe Americano - a diluted espresso).

Ricka47…the coffee program has been eliminated.

image.thumb.jpeg.41f093cd47be5cc95307b195ddbeeb63.jpeg

• Like 2