"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

16 minutes ago, mikjr said:

we were sitting in the dining room last night when the announcement  was made and I asked our table mates… did he say 700?   They said, no he said SEVERAL cases.   But you did hear 700??   I couldn’t tell… his accent is strong

I heard 700 too, multiple people said 700.. not sure they’d announce or just several but maybe I’m wrong 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikjr said:

we were sitting in the dining room last night when the announcement  was made and I asked our table mates… did he say 700?   They said, no he said SEVERAL cases.   But you did hear 700??   I couldn’t tell… his accent is strong

Several of us in Vines heard 700 and we confirmed with each other what we heard.  The Captain's accent is heavy.

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am so happy to see al a carte pricing at the Salty Dog now.  It was just too much food otherwise.   They always wondered why we didn’t order any dessert.  

We were pretty much never going to pay the "cover charge" for Salty Dog Gastropub. I was quite surprised to see the posted menu as I had no idea the business model had changed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have noticed they are getting better about posting the menus ahead of time on the app.  There might be another way to see this but we look under the dinner reservation we’ve made on the app and then go to view menu.  It shows breakfast (lunch if on a sea day) and the dinner menu.  

We tend to view the menu on the TV as it's easier for both to view it at the same time and, of course, it's larger which is easier for us to see.

• Like 2

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

Several of us in Vines heard 700 and we confirmed with each other what we heard.  The Captain's accent is heavy.

Thanks for the clarification!!   Any case is one too many !  

• Like 2

Day 14:  Weather report for today is much windier than yesterday and colder.  Photo would look the same as yesterday's.  Not pool weather for sure!  It will be a very busy day in the inside venues.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Screenshot2023-07-134_24_20PM.png.c3215601195014931ec54293153d9316.png

Here's our group getting a first hand demonstration from the chef. They each had a cake to decorate after the how-to lesson. I believe they held this twice on the cruise, and 12 spots per session. We were offered the sign up in the kids club.

Wish they would do something like this for everyone.  I would definitely pay extra for something like this.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

To the older lady who was on Deck 6 or 7 around 9:00pm (7/19/23) taking pictures of people’s children in elevators, and then posting those pictures to Facebook, you’re weird and creepy! 

That is super creepy!  What the heck?  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The time has arrived to start thinking about going home, so sad.  😥

20230720_074436.thumb.jpg.6a5bfd11ad219e87f2efe6343d15264e.jpg

20230720_074456.thumb.jpg.975f0148838dcccae617e5f1e722ecf4.jpg

Always a sad day!  Thanks so much for sharing your journey with all of us!  I look forward to following your "live from" on your future cruises!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

You would be buying here a new phone then. Better to ask what the hell she's doing or report here to security. 

She's posting children's pictures online, and probably has more children's pictures if she's comfortable taking them. Let that sink in. Not cool. We protect the children. Say if this happened at a park, at the beach. Would you let this person just walk away and report them later?  

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

She's posting children's pictures online, and probably has more children's pictures if she's comfortable taking them. Let that sink in. Not cool. We protect the children. Say if this happened at a park, at the beach. Would you let this person just walk away and report them later?  

Not at all, when we realized what was happening, she was already gone. I’ve seen her before the incident many times, she yelled at my  girls for sitting at a table which blocked her view of the sunset, so I’ll be sure to find her today 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, travelinteacher88 said:

Not at all, when we realized what was happening, she was already gone. I’ve seen her before the incident many times, she yelled at my  girls for sitting at a table which blocked her view of the sunset, so I’ll be sure to find her today 

Just hypothetically, just thinking out loud. Sorry you had to experience this. Sounds like she knows what she's doing is wrong. 

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Just curious.  How do you know she's posting them online? 🤔  Is she commenting on their behavior or just pictures?