Online Check-in Questions

I have no issues with online check in, but I’m trying to prepare someone in our group who has never cruised before. Our check-in date is July 3. 

Is it true we can stay up to just past midnight tomorrow (July 2) and then check in at 12:01am?

Is it true we can secure a check in time without passport/selfie/etc and add that stuff in later?

What differences are there in the process on the app vs the web?

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, alleghator said:

I have no issues with online check in, but I’m trying to prepare someone in our group who has never cruised before. Our check-in date is July 3. 

Is it true we can stay up to just past midnight tomorrow (July 2) and then check in at 12:01am?

Is it true we can secure a check in time without passport/selfie/etc and add that stuff in later?

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, alleghator said:

Thank you!

And the time will be from wherever your ship is leaving from.  Say for instance you’re sailing from Florida so check begins at midnight EST but if you live in the Central Time Zone your check in time will be at 11:00 your time😎

I hope this makes sense….

• Like 1

You can only secure a check-in time without the other details if you use the app. But once you have done that you can complete it on the app or on the website at your leisure.

I personally prefer to use the website on a computer because I like to have the larger screen and proper keyboard. Just do what works best for you.

Note that you must select a time for every person individually. The system will not default everyone in your group to the time you select for the first person.

22 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We have never used the app for anything.  We also don't log on at midnight, nor try to secure an arrival time first.  We've never had a problem doing it all at leisure.

That’s great for you! It’s not what I was asking, but I’m glad it works for you. 

• Haha 2

Thanks to OP for starting this thread!

I was taken aback when I saw that we were not allowed to start our check in process until about 5-6 weeks before our sail date. Since we haven't cruised with RCL in a minute, I feel at a loss as what to expect from check in but have struggled to get any clear info. Knowing that we will have to select a check in time for each person in the cabin is good info to have. If anyone else can share further points like this, I would love to hear them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedJessi said:

Thanks to OP for starting this thread!

I was taken aback when I saw that we were not allowed to start our check in process until about 5-6 weeks before our sail date. Since we haven't cruised with RCL in a minute, I feel at a loss as what to expect from check in but have struggled to get any clear info. Knowing that we will have to select a check in time for each person in the cabin is good info to have. If anyone else can share further points like this, I would love to hear them.

The rest is pretty self-explanatory. It will ask for personal info, passport info which you can scan if you like (or select other form of ID if not using a passport), a photo of each person (selfie in the app or you can use an existing photo via the website), credit card for your account, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The rest is pretty self-explanatory. It will ask for personal info, passport info which you can scan if you like (or select other form of ID if not using a passport), a photo of each person (selfie in the app or you can use an existing photo via the website), credit card for your account, etc.

Is that when you can make reservations for things like drink seminars, classes on board, etc? 

Just now, RedJessi said:

Is that when you can make reservations for things like drink seminars, classes on board, etc? 

No, you can purchase stuff in your cruise planner long before check-in. Exactly what is offered and when it is available will vary.

39 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, you can purchase stuff in your cruise planner long before check-in. Exactly what is offered and when it is available will vary.

I guess our cruise just isn't offering much, then. I think I got spoiled by Disney cruises having dozens of on board activities you could pre-book 90 days out; we've done Whiskey seminars, bourbon seminars, champagne seminars, mixology class, cooking classes, etc. But I did book the behind the scenes tour for my husband and I - we are definitely looking forward to that!

On 7/1/2023 at 8:29 AM, alleghator said:

Thank you!

Our check-iin day was supposed to be today, but many people were able to check-in the day before online. I added most of the info, but not the photos and was still able to complete check-in.  On the web site, you can log in to update info as needed.  Not sure about the app.