Club Orange

rollie

We added Club Orange to our 35 day Polynesian cruise. Yesterday we tried to help our friends book this cruise. We were told that Club Orange is sold out. I didn’t know that there was a finite number available. It was a deal breaker for them. 

Rollie

If your friends want to book a Neptune Suite, it comes with Club Orange.  Otherwise, I’d ask them to put me on a wait list and keep checking back…. Especially around final payment time when cancellations are more likely.

• Like 2

I’d be surprised if hal has a wait list for club orange.  I know it’s not the same but I wanted a cabana on my last cruise and none were available.  I phoned many, many times to do that.  No such thing as a wait list. They need to keep phoning because I’ve seen hal take the next person rather then look at a wait list if they even would do that.

• Like 3

I recently booked a November 2024, 14 day, California Coast/Mexican Riviera cruise on the Koningsdam.  I did my booking by calling HAL and added Club Orange at the same time.  Even though the cruise was well over a year out, the HAL representative said that Club Orange is selling out quickly.  She said there were 54 openings for Club Orange on this cruise, not including the Neptune/Pinnacle suite guests.  I assume that the openings for Club Orange to run in the ballpark of this one for many of HAL cruises, which is not very many.

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

And there is no wait list for CO.

====

Guest Services said they put me on the Club Orange wait list for a Feb 2024 Koningsdam Cruise  I suppose it is so that I don't keep calling them!

Peter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SFO Peter said:

====

Guest Services said they put me on the Club Orange wait list for a Feb 2024 Koningsdam Cruise  I suppose it is so that I don't keep calling them!

Peter

Or another person that doesn’t know what they are talking about.  They probably put it on a notepad at their desk.  I’d keep calling if I were you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There is another long CC thread on Club Orange and I remember one poster said it was not available when they booked, but when they called back a week later a spot opened up and they grabbed it. They do sell only a set number of them on each cruise, but I have not seen anyone who knows what that number is. CO has to be limited to accommodate the capacity of the CO dining rooms.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Club orange has a special dinning room for Breakfast and Dinner on the Pinnacle class ships.

Yes I understand.  I've been in it many, many times.  I actually wasn't asking what it was.  The question was about capacity.  There is limited capacity in every venue on the ship. You can't keep pushing people in venues until it explodes.

• Haha 1

When I recently wanted to  book a cruise with Club Orange for April/24, I was told there was only one spot available. We needed 2 spots. The HAL rep made an exception and allowed us to book with CO.

Lesson learned, CO does have a finite number and booking early is key.

Cabin upgrade more than made up for the extra cost of CO.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

There is another long CC thread on Club Orange and I remember one poster said it was not available when they booked, but when they called back a week later a spot opened up and they grabbed it. They do sell only a set number of them on each cruise, but I have not seen anyone who knows what that number is. CO has to be limited to accommodate the capacity of the CO dining rooms.

In my post above, I mention that for the specific cruise I have booked (on the Koningsdam), the HAL agent told me there was a limit of 54 CO guests.  She did indicate that the number changes slightly between cruises.

9 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

In my post above, I mention that for the specific cruise I have booked (on the Koningsdam), the HAL agent told me there was a limit of 54 CO guests.  She did indicate that the number changes slightly between cruises.

One thing I have learned about HAL customer service agents is that they are consistently inconsistent. You can get 3 different answers from 3 different reps in one day. That 54 number seems to be awfully low. I booked CO on our November Koingsdam cruise, 2 months after I booked the cruise and had no problems adding it to our booking.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SFO Peter said:

====

Peter

I'm 95% sure that Ships Inventory handhes CO. If you look at the PDF, that's who you call.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SFO Peter said:

====

Peter

And I would continue to call, lol. Pretty sure they're not going to look at the waitlist (if there is one) and say, "oh sorry, Peter, I see you're on the list, we'll call you if something opens up." 

I confirmed CO availability on a current booking but didn't add it, next day when I called to add it, it was full, 2 days later called again and was able to add it being told they'd had a cancelation. So definitely worth checking back.

• Like 2

We tried to book CO for an upcoming cruise on the NS, so our TA checked and told us there were only 55 spots available and they were all full.  She called us a month later and told us she had snagged a CO spot for us.  She said the trick was to start calling HAL a week before final payment is due as some openings often come up during that week.  (We love our TA, but she notified us just yesterday that she had taken a managerial position with the agency and we would be losing her as our go-to TA ☹️)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1