Why No ice buckets on Carnival Venezia

phoneman69

9 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Good news is fridges were very cold-at least mine was. Actually partially froze some juice and soda I had in there. Every cruise I’ve been on I’ve had “room temperature” fridges. 

That is indeed good news!! I take my wins where I can find them. 🤭

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

My sister who is my cabin mate for this cruise, keeps her Yeti mug filled full all day, every day with ice and any room left is Diet Coke. I don't know which is more important  - the ice or the soda, lol.

We usually get a 2nd bucket and ask for ice 2x day. So I guess we'll be coming to get yours @Purvis1231 🥸

plastic zip bags I think will be a good solution.

Now to research if this is a Coke line or Pepsi, she gets grumpy when it's the blue one. And those are not as easy to pack as zip bags.

You can have my bucket. On our last cruise, I noticed many folks filling ziplock bags with ice and a few with ice buckets so I know they had them on the Glory but we left the Yeti cups and  Coke Zero at home. I was fine to drink the Pepisi Zero and Diet Mt. Dew. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Maybe, being Told "NO ice buckets" and "he would not bring ice" was his secret code for "I'm just too lazy to get you one" and "I don't want to be bothered by having to refill it for you, but don't forget to tip me"

Lazy my be a clue as he was the only room steward in the many cruises we have taken to only receive a 20 when we left. was not thrilled with his service. Is it had to remember 2 extra towels every day?

All this "I got a bucket" "I didn't get a bucket" "bucket - what's a bucket" "ice, wait what - you can get ice in your cabin?!" talk has definitely convinced me to pack my Girl Scout 👩‍🎨 sash and a few zip bags. I will have ice in my cabin, lol. 🧊 🫢🤫

• Haha 2

Not Venezia but on the Radiance last month our steward told us there were no ice buckets. He asked if a cooler was ok...sure! I feel like maybe it was his own personal cooler? But he kept it full the whole time

25 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Not Venezia but on the Radiance last month our steward told us there were no ice buckets. He asked if a cooler was ok...sure! I feel like maybe it was his own personal cooler? But he kept it full the whole time

I hope you tipped him for that.

Currently they allow small personal coolers (12x12x12 I think) so we'll each bring one of those (with sister's diet coke - she doesn't drink pepsi) and use them. Actually better than an ice bucket since they're insulated they'll keep the ice (which we'll likely haul from Lido in our plastic zip bags) and larger so they'll hold more. And can be packed full of souvenirs at end of cruise - see, always a scout, lol!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

2 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

When sailing any cruise ship, any cruise line, or staying at a Hotel, etc... It is wise to always request a (Plastic Liner) for an ice bucket. They are of course washed, however ice buckets are commonly used for MANY other things. (One Example) When one is ill/vomit and cannot make it to the bathroom in time. 

#SomethingToThinkAbout

#Germs

#ProperlyWashed

🍹

Thank you @ObstructedView2. I've been requesting ice bucket liners for decades. Very sound & serious advice that often gets forgotten. 

🌴

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

I'm sure ice buckets are new to the Venezia. There would be no use for an ice bucket in its previous Italian Market 🤣.

The previous market was actually China, not Italy…

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

The previous market was actually China, not Italy…

Same thing, actually even more so. For Asians drinking cold beverages is bad for your health. Not only do Asians not drink iced water but they will drink plain hot/boiling water. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Same thing, actually even more so. For Asians drinking cold beverages is bad for your health. Not only do Asians not drink iced water but they will drink plain hot/boiling water. 

True but Carnival knows the market they are serving now. Don't they ???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

True but Carnival knows the market they are serving now. Don't they ???

You're 100% correct. There's no reason whatsoever that during the conversion drydocks for both ships they couldn't have added ice buckets and in the case of Luminosa WORKING Ice machines in the Lido buffet. It shows the lack of commitment the company took in converting these ships and cost cutting was emphasized over passenger convenience and fleet consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

…. cost cutting was emphasized over passenger convenience and fleet consistency. 

After the long pandemic period with no revenue, judicious cost-cutting was necessary just to stay in business so we could cruise again! 

57 minutes ago, carol louise said:

After the long pandemic period with no revenue, judicious cost-cutting was necessary just to stay in business so we could cruise again! 

Completely aligned on trimming to get the business healthy again, just think the cuts were not well thought out. Ice is important, consistency can be important. 

But I definitely want the cruise industry to survive and thrive.

On 7/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, DisneyDatknee said:

I'm sure ice buckets are new to the Venezia. There would be no use for an ice bucket in its previous Italian Market 🤣.

Totally agree -try getting ice cubes in Italy! 

On 7/2/2023 at 4:00 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Now to research if this is a Coke line or Pepsi, she gets grumpy when it's the blue one. And those are not as easy to pack as zip bags.

Unfortunately, Carnival switched to Pepsi products a few years ago. I have a small rolling bag that can hold two 12 packs of canned drinks. That's my carryon (or roll-on,if you will!)

We've sailed 3 times since the restart, Breeze and Dream, and only had to ask the room steward for ice on the first day. Every day after, the ice bucket was full. If I recall correctly, there was no bucket in the room when we first arrived, but all we had to do was ask.

Edited by kew1031
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Checking in to see if recent cruisers have an update - have the ice issues been resolved?

It’s a vast cover-up by Carnival. They took away the ice buckets because it’s so hot and humid on Venezia that the ice immediately melts. (Joking if anyone missed that one-day barrage of postings.)

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

It’s a vast cover-up by Carnival. They took away the ice buckets because it’s so hot and humid on Venezia that the ice immediately melts. . . 

. . . and then you have to go to a bar and buy an overpriced drink😉.  Just another example of corporate greed. LOL

On 7/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, Haljo1935 said:

If I can call early AM for pre-breakfast coffee so long as there's not a huge delay in getting it - kinda defeats the purpose of ordering night before and rolling out of bed to receive it from room service delivery person if I have to actually wake up and be coherent, lol. 🤭If that's what I have to do to protect it from the "charming little rugrats" 🥴 then so be it. Where are the Hall Monitors when you need them. I miss HAL already...😪

I was on the Venezia 6/27-7/5 and ordered coffee and juice every morning and it almost always was delivered in 15 minutes.  I see that you said you were on again in Sept and I will be back on in early Sept so will post if things have changed.

• Like 1