"Your Time Dining " VENEZIA

Psweets

Can someone please explain Your Time Dining, I have a family of 22 booked on Carnival Venezia and we have late dining booked and that is too late.  Can Your Time Dining accommodate 22 people and does each cabin have to reserve it or can one person do it on the app?

Pam

the bigger issue you are going to have is getting a table for that size. With a set dinning time like early or late, they already know what size table you will need and will be prepared for it when all of the cabins is linked up. your time dinning is not really good for this and you will be waiting a very long for a table. you also need to make reservations in the app and your group can be separated at different tables when they randomly assign a table 

if your entire group is listed in your hub, you might be able to make one reservation or you will need to need multiple reservations

the best thing to keep the late dinning and then when you get onboard the ship talk to the matrie d about switching your group to early 

I absolutely suggest set time dining for a group this large, for the reasons @shof515 suggest.

I’m traveling with a group of 12 next March and, as much as I like the freedom of Your time Dining, its very nice to have a table large enough for everyone, and for everyone to come together at the same time—may be the only time we see some of the younger people in our group.

That said, we hate the 2 times given for Set Time Dining—one is too early, and one is too late.  

We sailed with a group of 15 on the Magic about a year ago. They were never able to accomodate us at the same table so we often were sat at 2 tables of 8 or 3 tables of 6. Also, the app will only allow you to check in 10 people so if you all want to eat at the same time you need to go to the dining room and the hostess will check you all in together manually.

Also, it became such a hassle to wrangle all 15 of us at the same time for dinner or any meal for that matter that we just made it every family member for themselves for dinner by night 3 of the cruise. That actually seemed to work better for each individual family and we did not all have dinner again together until the last night of the cruise.

Edited by stobe1

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

We sailed with a group of 15 on the Magic about a year ago. They were never able to accomodate us at the same table so we often were sat at 2 tables of 8 or 3 tables of 6. Also, the app will only allow you to check in 10 people so if you all want to eat at the same time you need to go to the dining room and the hostess will check you all in together manually.

Also, it became such a hassle to wrangle all 15 of us at the same time for dinner or any meal for that matter that we just made it every family member for themselves for dinner by night 3 of the cruise. That actually seemed to work better for each individual family and we did not all have dinner again together until the last night of the cruise.

Agreed. Without a set dining time, trying to wrangle a group of 22 for dinner every night is going to be a logistical nightmare - both for your group and the dining room staff.  You are going to spend half your day coordinating the dinner time and waiting for the tables to become available.  And I doubt that the Maitre D will be able to accommodate a change to the earlier seating time.  Nearly all of the tables will already be assigned to specific people by then, and the chances of him having seating for 22 all together is slim to none.

My advice is to either keep the late seating time for your group, or change to YTD (if it is even still available) and break up into smaller groups every night depending on when different people want to eat.