Suite Deposit for Onboard Booking??

Now that suites have a percentage deposit, how does it work for Onboard Booking?

I'm just weighing my options for possibilities for next summer's cruise (a lot depending on if the new contract gets ratified) and pondering a Sky Suite/Magic Carpet Sky Suite but want to be prepared for the deposit if I decide on that.

59 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Now that suites have a percentage deposit, how does it work for Onboard Booking?

I'm just weighing my options for possibilities for next summer's cruise (a lot depending on if the new contract gets ratified) and pondering a Sky Suite/Magic Carpet Sky Suite but want to be prepared for the deposit if I decide on that.

From what I recall seeing on the display board on the Millennium the $100 deposit applies only to non-suite categories. Normal deposit amounts are required for suites.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RTShaker said:

From what I recall seeing on the display board on the Millennium the $100 deposit applies only to non-suite categories. Normal deposit amounts are required for suites.

Thanks. Non-suite it shall be. Assuming I even stay with X since they seem to think vaping is cool now.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yeah, 10%. You can't get around it with the Book Later option either. Deposit automatically increases if you book a suite. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yeah, 10%. You can't get around it with the Book Later option either. Deposit automatically increases if you book a suite. 

No longer any point to booking a suite onboard then. 

Hello,

You can buy a NextCruise open booking certificate for the ordinary $100 non suite deposit and only when you later decide to book (and saved your pennies) will you have to stump-up the extra suite deposit and you will still get your booking onboard OBC.

Regards,

Cublet

6 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

You can buy a NextCruise open booking certificate for the ordinary $100 non suite deposit and only when you later decide to book (and saved your pennies) will you have to stump-up the extra suite deposit and you will still get your booking onboard OBC.

Regards,

Cublet

From the last experience I had purchasing a Future Cruise Certificate in Mar 2023 

If you do this you have 60 or 90 days to make a booking.  You can do what they call a place holder booking that is far off in the future.     If you do that you need to book a refundable deposit fare, if not you not be able to transfer and will lose the deposit.  You can then transfer it to any cruise you find later.  It can be any category and a NR or refundable fare.  

With any NR fare you will lose $100 pp if you cancel the booking.   The rest of the deposit is given as a certificate that can be applied towards the payment of another cruise. 

Policies are constantly changing so it is always best to check for the latest.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

8 minutes ago, miched said:

From the last experience I had purchasing a Future Cruise Certificate in Mar 2023 

If you do this you have 60 or 90 days to make a booking.  You can do what they call a place holder booking that is far off in the future.     If you do that you need to book a refundable deposit fare, if not you not be able to transfer and will lose the deposit.  You can then transfer it to any cruise you find later.  It can be any category and a NR or refundable fare.  

With any NR fare you will lose $100 pp if you cancel the booking.   The rest of the deposit is given as a certificate that can be applied towards the payment of another cruise. 

Policies are constantly changing so it is always best to check for the latest.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The info in my cruise docs gives me 6 months to make a booking if I do the generic future cruise thing - and if I don't book anything I get the $100 back in the 6 months.

I may well do that - even though I hate the added work it makes for my TA - to see how this vaping allowed thing plays out. If they squash it (wishful thinking on my part), I'll book something. If they allow it beyond the trial, I'll just not do anything and get my money back - and go elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, miched said:

If you do this you have 60 or 90 days to make a booking. ...

My two purchased in April state 6 months.

35 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The info in my cruise docs gives me 6 months to make a booking if I do the generic future cruise thing - and if I don't book anything I get the $100 back in the 6 months.

I may well do that - even though I hate the added work it makes for my TA - to see how this vaping allowed thing plays out. If they squash it (wishful thinking on my part), I'll book something. If they allow it beyond the trial, I'll just not do anything and get my money back - and go elsewhere.

Hello,

In July the UK T&Cs were: Buy it at standard deposit rate; six months in which to make a booking and get the booking-on-board OBC; after six months the OBC 'offer' is lost and the certificate can only be used as a pre-paid deposit and if not used after 12 months the thing is lost.

Regards,

Cublet

10 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

In July the UK T&Cs were: Buy it at standard deposit rate; six months in which to make a booking and get the booking-on-board OBC; after six months the OBC 'offer' is lost and the certificate can only be used as a pre-paid deposit and if not used after 12 months the thing is lost.

Regards,

Cublet

Here is what the T&C says in my docs...

"It must be converted to a confirmed booking within (6) months after the Booking Date in order to be eligible for the future onboard credit. If not converted within one(6) months from the Booking Date, you will not receive the onboard credit and your deposit will be refunded."