Constellation refurbishmnent

jshli

We have booked a Constellation cruise in Europe departing Rome on April 23rd. It appears that a refurbishment will take place on the cruise before ours that will end in Barcelona on April 6th. According to a cruisecritic article, it appears the work being done includes all new carpeting, updated cruise quarters, new jacuzzis in suites and replacement of some galley equipment.  I am now wondering if booking this cruise was a mistake. I would appreciate any input.

22 minutes ago, jshli said:

We have booked a Constellation cruise in Europe departing Rome on April 23rd. It appears that a refurbishment will take place on the cruise before ours that will end in Barcelona on April 6th. According to a cruisecritic article, it appears the work being done includes all new carpeting, updated cruise quarters, new jacuzzis in suites and replacement of some galley equipment.  I am now wondering if booking this cruise was a mistake. I would appreciate any input.

Been on the ship 3x since restart, would easily go again if found a cruise I wanted to go on.  Crew is great, ship is in great condition.  Yes if you decide to look very. closely at everything will find things wrong, but that is with everything. Dont worry, you will have a great time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jshli said:

Not sure I understand.  Why would a partial refurbishment before your cruise be a negative thing to you?

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Not sure I understand.  Why would a partial refurbishment before your cruise be a negative thing to you?

For me, it would be a big positive, as long as the work was not ongoing in such a way to interfere with the trip. But I’m sure the cruise lines have this partial refurbishment well planned out. It appears there are no sailings for 2+ weeks prior to ours.

Edited by Gia2cats
Addition to post

Thank you for your input. My concern is that the refurbishment won’t be finished and Celebrity will cancel or modify the cruise, or that work ( and noise) will still be going on during our cruise. The only encouraging thing is that if the article is correct, it does not appear that extensive renovations will be taking place and hopefully all will go as scheduled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Sometimes that first cruise or two after dry dock has a lot of maintenance things going on as dry dock is often too short to fully finish everything.  I'm assuming that is what OP's hesitation is about.    (The week before dry dock can also have a lot of maintenance things going on as they try to get a head start.)

None of what is described though seems all that extensive and the Constellation was in pretty good shape when I was on her in November.  If I were in this situation, I wouldn't cancel.  I'm sure it will still be a great cruise.

• Like 1

We are on the TA prior to the dry dock and not concerned.  We were on the ship this April/May for 38 days and the ship was in good condition and the crew great which is the reason we booked again for next year.

• Like 2

Interesting - she did have a cosmetic refurb (carpets, paint, public areas) I believe just before CoVid and was lovely for our Jan 2022 sailings.  A few Aqua cabins were also refreshed but not other cabins.  The quarantine cabin I was in on deck 7 was in need of carpet replacement and hate the fabric shower curtain, but would happily sail on her again.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

We are on the TA prior to the dry dock and not concerned.  We were on the ship this April/May for 38 days and the ship was in good condition and the crew great which is the reason we booked again for next year.

You will get to experience the fresh updated ship!

I will be on the TA just before the DD work.

I ask if the Old TV's in the cabins will be changed to the wall mounted flat screens and was told Yes.

I hope that includes the better content with the ability to check your onboard account information.

I like Connie and she has a good Vibe.