FTTF - Minors in Separate Room

boxbeezy

I'm sure this has been asked and I apologized but I've searched and couldn't find an answer to my exact question.  Or, I've read conflicting answers.

I understand FTTF has to be purchased per cabin and it says it includes priority check-in. When I read up on Priority Check-in it says "Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, may check in together."  I just purchased Faster to the Fun for one cabin.  Two of our kids are in a different cabin with my sister.  Do I have to purchase FTTF for her cabin as well or will our kids be able to accompany us since they are minors?

• Like 1

If we could, we would and will. It went from sold out to one being available today and I grabbed it. Just trying to understand the rules. Thanks

Edited:  This was to address any concern about my sister.

Edited by boxbeezy

Thanks, everyone.  We will try to snag another one if it becomes available to keep things simple but good to know we will likely be able to keep our kids with us if we aren't able to get FTTF for the other room.

• Like 1

While the website states minors traveling in a separate cabin "MAY" check in with their parents, this statement may apply only apply to minors that are booked in a separate cabin that meet Carnival's requirements for cabins that meet Carnival's requirements for booking in a separate cabin (age, proximity to parents, location).

If your two children are booked under a separate reservation number with  your sister, you may find that the minors in that cabin need to have the adult  for that cabin present for check in (prevents the possibility of a "no show" adult leaving unsupervised minors in a cabin that does not meet Carnival's booking requirement).

• Like 2

Is FTTF really worth the extra cost? I know value is subjective,  but I'm struggling to decide if I want to add for upcoming B2B on Venezia RT NY. Not yet sold out either week, but they're really pushing hard, so likely will be.

Been a while since I've done B2B on Carnival, so not sure if I even need it 2nd week.

I'm gold, cabin mate is blue.

Thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Is FTTF really worth the extra cost? I know value is subjective,  but I'm struggling to decide if I want to add for upcoming B2B on Venezia RT NY. Not yet sold out either week, but they're really pushing hard, so likely will be.

Been a while since I've done B2B on Carnival, so not sure if I even need it 2nd week.

Thoughts?

As you say it's entirely subjective. In your case you would only need it for the first leg of your B2B since you'll receive special handling on the second leg (I believe you disembark and then are the first to embark). It also comes (as I recall) with a special line at guest services, priority tender and maybe priority disembark? I was one and done with it myself, especially since the price went up, but everyone views these things differently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our family experienced this in March '19 while cruising on the Breeze from Port Canaveral.

My wife and I had FTTF for our cabin while our two minor sons (17/13) and two of their friends in another cabin did not. Prior to us purchasing FTTF, Carnival assured us that we would be able to priority check in with us since they were minors.

Outside the cruise terminal, we all went to the FTTF check in entrance. A non-Carnival worker informed us that only FTTF travelers could enter. We politely explained the background of what Carnival had told us and the response was that Carnival didn't know what they were talking about and the minors would have to use the regular check-in. My wife and I agreed that wasn't an option so we would all go as a group. As we were getting ready to move to that area, another employee had overheard our conversation and in consultation with the other one changed their decision and allowed all of use to the FTTF check-in. 

My guess is that your sister will need FTTF to check-in with you but your children will likely be able to.

3 hours ago, coondog99 said:

Our family experienced this in March '19 while cruising on the Breeze from Port Canaveral.

My wife and I had FTTF for our cabin while our two minor sons (17/13) and two of their friends in another cabin did not. Prior to us purchasing FTTF, Carnival assured us that we would be able to priority check in with us since they were minors.

Outside the cruise terminal, we all went to the FTTF check in entrance. A non-Carnival worker informed us that only FTTF travelers could enter. We politely explained the background of what Carnival had told us and the response was that Carnival didn't know what they were talking about and the minors would have to use the regular check-in. My wife and I agreed that wasn't an option so we would all go as a group. As we were getting ready to move to that area, another employee had overheard our conversation and in consultation with the other one changed their decision and allowed all of use to the FTTF check-in. 

My guess is that your sister will need FTTF to check-in with you but your children will likely be able to.

Thank you for this!  Your experience is exactly how I imagined things would go.  I called Carnival and was transferred THREE times because no one was comfortable giving a definitive answer.  They all agreed that the rules online and in the handbook they refer to were not clear for our situation.  The final person didn't sound convincing but said we "should" be allowed to check-in with the kids. We are just hoping we catch another FTTF available to buy to save us any hassle.  

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thoughts?

I was curious as to whether it was worth it as well.  The normal wait doesn't bother me at all.  The only reason we purchased it was because my husband can't stand to wait for anything for longer than 5 minutes! He's willing to pay the cost and I am too if it means I don't have to hear his complaining 🙂.