My sailing is still 11 months out and I have a million questions

We have 3 cabins but I am paying for all onboard activities. I want to book specialty dining and a couple of excursions before the cruise. Is there a way to link the 3 cabins or is there really a need to? Can I book the dining and excursions as long as I just have their reservation number or cabin number?

4 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

We have 3 cabins but I am paying for all onboard activities. I want to book specialty dining and a couple of excursions before the cruise. Is there a way to link the 3 cabins or is there really a need to? Can I book the dining and excursions as long as I just have their reservation number or cabin number?

Yes, you can link reservations and Royal will be happy to take your money for excursions and specialty dining. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Airbear232 said:

Yes, you can link reservations and Royal will be happy to take your money for excursions and specialty dining. 

Thank you. I'm keenly aware that they will gladly take my money. I'm wondering how do I link the 3 cabins on the website or if I even need to.

Yes, you can link all 3 reservations.   Should be able to do on the Royal app.

Best to have all linked, If you want a large table for dinner in the main dining room.   You want to email rcldining@rccl.com 3 to 4 weeks before your cruise.   Then once you board go to the MDR and confirm your request.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, you can link all 3 reservations.   Should be able to do on the Royal app.

Best to have all linked, If you want a large table for dinner in the main dining room.   You want to email rcldining@rccl.com 3 to 4 weeks before your cruise.   Then once you board go to the MDR and confirm your request.

maybe I'm too far out because I don't see a way to link them on the app or website

23 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

I'm wondering how do I link the 3 cabins on the website or if I even need to.

No need to link - when you go to book things you can simply add them to the booking.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

Thank you. I'm keenly aware that they will gladly take my money. I'm wondering how do I link the 3 cabins on the website or if I even need to.

As long as you have the reservation numbers you don't need to link the bookings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pharmdawg said:

My son-in-law hooked our family together -- I know he had to have all our reservation numbers to make it happen.  If you're going to book dining, etc., I'd rather have the reservations "linked" so I'd know-know-know that the ship personnel would see that y'all're traveling together.  

As for the excursions, consider non-ship offerings -- not just the ship's excursions.  

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely want to check out black Friday sales for internet, dining pkg, etc etc.

I've been disappointed in the sales I've seen -- or, not seen -- recently.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pharmdawg said:

Recently called Royal, C&A, and linked 3 reservations for dinner. I havexa ta but did it myself.  Had all the names and reservation numbers. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, pharmdawg said:

maybe I'm too far out because I don't see a way to link them on the app or website

When you go to reserve dinner, if you’re doing specialty or my time, or an excursion you’ll be asked to pick which guests and then you will see “add guests” at the bottom and you can add anyone as long as you know reservation number.  If you have traditional dining that would be done by calling or through your TA.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No need to link - when you go to book things you can simply add them to the booking.

I feel it would be much more convenient for you to link the Reservations . 

If you don't link , when  you are going to booking all sorts of meals, shows, etc. you would have to punch in reservation numbers each time , whereas if you link them it will be clicking a box each time instead . Seems much less of a hassle 

Cheers

23 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I feel it would be much more convenient for you to link the Reservations . 

If you don't link , when  you are going to booking all sorts of meals, shows, etc. you would have to punch in reservation numbers each time , whereas if you link them it will be clicking a box each time instead . Seems much less of a hassle 

Cheers

You only have to do it once and then the system remembers them

19 hours ago, pharmdawg said:

Either through the Royal app or calling Royal Caribbean. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Is it possible to link a specialty restaurant reservation but pay separately (for pre-cruise booking)? Do you link the reservation after each one has paid? Thanks!

if you did not purchase them together send an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com.

Let them know that you booked two tables for 2 (or whatever the numbers are) and you would like to be sat together at a table for 4

In your case you could also just let the restaurant know on board.😉

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:57 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as you have the reservation numbers you don't need to link the bookings. 

I had an unusual one I had never seen before.  We have a NE/Canada cruise Sept. 2024 and we have friends that are on the same cruise.  We booked TA group space and our friends, against our recommendation, booked either through their own TA or direct.  I got their reservation number and linked them so I could set up our MTD together but I got a message that said because we have a different group ID they must make their own reservations.  Is there a way around this.  My plan is just to make the reservations once onboard but my fear is that only the really late times will be available at that point.

13 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I had an unusual one I had never seen before.  We have a NE/Canada cruise Sept. 2024 and we have friends that are on the same cruise.  We booked TA group space and our friends, against our recommendation, booked either through their own TA or direct.  I got their reservation number and linked them so I could set up our MTD together but I got a message that said because we have a different group ID they must make their own reservations.  Is there a way around this.  My plan is just to make the reservations once onboard but my fear is that only the really late times will be available at that point.

That is normal.

If you have MTD you don't need to do anything,  just make your reservations at the same time and show up and ask for a table for 4.  Stop by to see the headwaiter the first day after you board.

If you were a set dining they could be tagged together even being in different groups but not for MTD

• Thanks 1