Hubbard Boat Excursion from Royal's Radiance of the Seas

We were on Ovation two weeks ago and saw a small boat excursion sidle upside the ship and take people closer to Dawes glacier.  We are now booked on Radiance for next year and want to do that same thing with the Hubbard glacier.  I looked through the online excursions on RC's website but it's not listed there.  Am I missing it?  Is there another way to book that?  Do they even offer it (I know they used to but it seems the posts I saw about this were from years ago)?

Appreciate your insights.

It's not always offered.  It was offered on a Celebrity cruise in 2017 but cancelled a few weeks before.  I didn't see it again on my next 3 Hubbard visits.  On my last visit in 2022 it wasn't offered for my Serenade visit while a few weeks later it was offered on the Serenade.   

I don't know the reasoning, just that some weeks it isn't offered.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cherful59 said:

@alaskaboy2It is offered on my August 2023 sailing on Radiance.  It is The Hubbard Glacier wilderness Explorer $439.00 per guest, so more than the glacier.

Huh.  It could be related to vendor availability for my week. 

7 minutes ago, alaskaboy2 said:

Maybe,  but they do have a slew of others available.   

I did find that everything did not show up at once.  As time went on more excursions became available.  I would just keep looking, I booked when I found something I was interested in, and then cancelled and rebooked when I found something else, or a better price.

• Like 1

It was available (at the $400+  price) for both north and southbound Radiance last September.  Northbound got cancelled since fog/rain blocked all glacier viewing that day - we didn't even get to the boat boarding location.

It was offered last week and this week on Radiance. Last week was sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Today was foggy and really cloudy and overcast and the tour still went out. Just keep checking. Saw it as low as $350 a person. Both sold out shortly before the cruises. Each trip has room for 150 guests.

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2023 at 2:08 PM, alaskaboy2 said:

We were on Ovation two weeks ago and saw a small boat excursion sidle upside the ship and take people closer to Dawes glacier.  We are now booked on Radiance for next year and want to do that same thing with the Hubbard glacier.  I looked through the online excursions on RC's website but it's not listed there.  Am I missing it?  Is there another way to book that?  Do they even offer it (I know they used to but it seems the posts I saw about this were from years ago)?

Appreciate your insights.

I see it for the June 7, 2024 on Radiance - it runs $358.99 per person. Came here to see if anyone thinks it is worth the expense. Two and a half hour excursion. 

. they've never been offered on our Hubbard cruises, although I'd much rather see Hubbard than Dawes.  Dawes is so small and the calving action at hubbard is epic:

Guess I was wrong if it is offered on Radiance, I'd do it again.

20130909_alaska 2013_002.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

1 hour ago, saltwaterhappy said:

I see it for the June 7, 2024 on Radiance - it runs $358.99 per person. Came here to see if anyone thinks it is worth the expense. Two and a half hour excursion. 

Wow, if that's the case go for it, it'll be well worth it.  We did it at Dawes, but  it doesn't beat Hubbard.

On 7/9/2023 at 10:42 PM, taymiss2 said:

I snagged it on Black Friday when excursions were on sale for 50% off

Thanks for that tip.  We planned the Radiance Vancouver to Vancouver for our 30th anniversary in 2026, so can't even book the cruise till next March, But I will definitely be looking for the Black Friday deals

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Wow, if that's the case go for it, it'll be well worth it.  We did it at Dawes, but  it doesn't beat Hubbard.

Thank you! That's great to know. I booked it. Of course, if it goes down in any Black Friday sale, I'll see about rebooking at a lower rate. So glad to have all the information here!