July 4th

Someone had posted a message a while back asking if RC does anything for July 4th but can’t find it. I am on Enchantment now and they did. The ship was decorated and there was a party with games and things like folding 6 shirts or making a bed, etc in a certain amount of time to earn a ticket for drawings. They also had a flag cake and red and blue cupcakes. At WJ they had a flag cake and cupcakes.

• Like 4

Someone onboard Wonder posted pics of several food stations on the boardwalk... donuts, chocolate fountain, flag cupcake cake, pulled pork sliders, mac n cheese bites, and some other stuff I couldn't quite identify. A band (possibly the country band from Mason Jar) was also playing in the Aqua Theater.

It looked like a very nice spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Someone onboard Wonder posted pics of several food stations on the boardwalk... donuts, chocolate fountain, flag cupcake cake, pulled pork sliders, mac n cheese bites, and some other stuff I couldn't quite identify. A band (possibly the country band from Mason Jar) was also playing in the Aqua Theater.

It looked like a very nice spread.

My daughter and Granddaughter are on Wonder now. The balloon drop was at midnight last night, so she fought to stay awake. Not sure why so late, since it was technically July 5th. They also had some other games and trivia geared toward the 4th.

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

The balloon drop was at midnight last night ... Not sure why so late, since it was technically July 5th.

Ok. That's weird.

• Like 1

Thank you.

We once were on Queen Mary 2 in 2017 for 4th and docked in Boston. I asked captain Christopher Wells how come we are on (almost) British vessel celebrating Independence from Britain. He proposed gathering tea all over the ship and throwing it overboard.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tatka said:

Thank you.

We once were on Queen Mary 2 in 2017 for 4th and docked in Boston. I asked captain Christopher Wells how come we are on (almost) British vessel celebrating Independence from Britain. He proposed gathering tea all over the ship and throwing it overboard.

Great!

Btw setting off fireworks onboard could be dangerous.   Organized fireworks are usually set off in an empty field or somewhere with a lot of space.  It might have been nice if they were off shore of a fireworks display but that isn't always possible.   We were on the Brilliance December 2018 and because of a delay leaving Tampa we ended up being off Cancun New Year's eve and were able to watch their fireworks.  Very nice but not planned. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Midnight is the normal time for the ballon drop.   

I guess I just wonder, why?  The ball drops on New Year's Eve, not midnight on New Year's Day.