Sailing out of Bayonne which location would stay in day pre to cruise?

Alex618

Jersey City no doubt! Even if you don’t want to visit Manhattan, there is a promenade with a beautiful view of NYC skyline. The restaurants are diverse. Also easy access to Liberty State Park with views of the Statue of Liberty plus you can ferry over to the Statue easily. 

Elizabeth is good if you want inexpensive lodgings. The restaurants are chains in the mall. 

1 minute ago, Got2Cruise said:

Jersey City no doubt! Even if you don’t want to visit Manhattan, there is a promenade with a beautiful view of NYC skyline. The restaurants are diverse. Also easy access to Liberty State Park with views of the Statue of Liberty plus you can ferry over to the Statue easily. 

Elizabeth is good if you want inexpensive lodgings. The restaurants are chains in the mall. 

Thanks!  Now next question-do you have a hotel recommendation!

4 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I would stay at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson. 

I have currently decided on the Westin over the Hyatt Regency.  There are many negative reviews in the past month on the Hyatt Regency.  

1 hour ago, Alex618 said:

I have currently decided on the Westin over the Hyatt Regency.  There are many negative reviews in the past month on the Hyatt Regency.  

Great. It’s the location that’s the most important over there. Enjoy! 

17 hours ago, Alex618 said:

Flying in to Newark, would you stay at airport, Elizabeth NJ, or Jersey City with cost not being a consideration?

It really depends on what you want in a hotel, for each area is distinct. Many of the hotels in Jersey City are in a redeveloped urban core along or near the waterfront. It is ideal for people who like to be able to get out of their hotel room and walk around, being on the water, finding a nice restaurant, wandering into some stores. This area is most accessible to Manhattan, with good public transportation via PATH subway and buses. The hotels near the airport (some of which are actually within the corporate limits of Elizabeth) are in the middle of a tangle of expressways and the turnpike, outright hostile to walking. They usually have complimentary transportation to and from the airport, and are good if all that one seeks is a comfortable night's rest without ever leaving the hotel. Transportation to Manhattan can be cumbersome and expensive, often involving two-steps (hotel to airport, then airport to Manhattan). The hotels in Elizabeth are clustered around an outlet mall. Like the airport hotels there is little charm here, but at least one can leave the hotel and walk someplace, even if only to the outlet mall across its huge parking lot. The retail and restaurants are as bland as can be. There is transportation to and from Manhattan, by comfortable express bus service, but its schedule is rather limited.

My preference is Jersey City, for it best reflects my values. Whether it reflects your values or not I cannot say.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GTJ said:

It really depends on what you want in a hotel, for each area is distinct. Many of the hotels in Jersey City are in a redeveloped urban core along or near the waterfront. It is ideal for people who like to be able to get out of their hotel room and walk around, being on the water, finding a nice restaurant, wandering into some stores. This area is most accessible to Manhattan, with good public transportation via PATH subway and buses. The hotels near the airport (some of which are actually within the corporate limits of Elizabeth) are in the middle of a tangle of expressways and the turnpike, outright hostile to walking. They usually have complimentary transportation to and from the airport, and are good if all that one seeks is a comfortable night's rest without ever leaving the hotel. Transportation to Manhattan can be cumbersome and expensive, often involving two-steps (hotel to airport, then airport to Manhattan). The hotels in Elizabeth are clustered around an outlet mall. Like the airport hotels there is little charm here, but at least one can leave the hotel and walk someplace, even if only to the outlet mall across its huge parking lot. The retail and restaurants are as bland as can be. There is transportation to and from Manhattan, by comfortable express bus service, but its schedule is rather limited.

My preference is Jersey City, for it best reflects my values. Whether it reflects your values or not I cannot say.

I have chosen the Westin in Jersey City

Edited by Alex618
  • Like 1