Hours on hold. They have made a fine mess

collins9138

If it’s not it’ll do until the mess gets here. 

I am booked on the Reflection in April 2024.  I don’t want to be rebooked on the Beyond.  So I am looking for another cruise during that time. We were on the Edge when it first came out and I want to steer clear.  I don’t like the IV and the suites don’t have nice chairs on the balcony. 

My reservation is so dorky with credits and such.  I can’t just cancel and do it myself. 

Then I read about the Med cancellations. Wow.  I feel sorry for them.  I thought we were being left out in the cold. But 5 months of cancellations is krazy.

I never did get a hold of anyone. I am starting to get Beyond it. 

Are others having the same thoughts?

JoeC

Edited by collins9138
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• collins9138 changed the title to Hours on hold. They have made a fine mess

I can’t really complain knowing that those with med cruises are flat out of luck.  Although I want to!  

People book cruises years in advance.  I think you get better overall pricing doing that.  Celebrity has pulled the rug out from under them. Now they are on the hook for extra dollars if they want to rebook.

8 hours ago, collins9138 said:

I can’t really complain knowing that those with med cruises are flat out of luck.  Although I want to!  

People book cruises years in advance.  I think you get better overall pricing doing that.  Celebrity has pulled the rug out from under them. Now they are on the hook for extra dollars if they want to rebook.

new X  leader not off to a great start with BEYOND issues, VAPING debacle and LONG TEL WAIT TIMES!

LLP wasn't great but  this seems worse!

• Like 7

On 7/6/2023 at 10:00 PM, SPacificbound said:

I would just find another cruise and move on. 

Yup.  There is a point where it’s not worth the effort.  I have moved on.  

or…. As I tell my spouse:   I’m beyond it!

she shakes her head

On 7/7/2023 at 4:12 AM, hcat said:

new X  leader not off to a great start with BEYOND issues, VAPING debacle and LONG TEL WAIT TIMES!

LLP wasn't great but  this seems worse!

Sometimes the enemy you know is better than the enemy you don’t know. 

Booked a cruise yesterday and when they emailed the invoice it was for $3000 more than what I booked at, they were not applying the senior resident discount that was showing online. Took me an hour of hold/talk time to get it straightened out. I really expected more with Celebrity.

2 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

Booked a cruise yesterday and when they emailed the invoice it was for $3000 more than what I booked at, they were not applying the senior resident discount that was showing online. Took me an hour of hold/talk time to get it straightened out. I really expected more with Celebrity.

I always stay on the phone until the agent sends the invoice so I can review before hanging up. Whether it's directly with Celebrity or a TA. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I always stay on the phone until the agent sends the invoice so I can review before hanging up. Whether it's directly with Celebrity or a TA. 

I booked it directly online, thus the need for the follow up call. It got straightened out, just took a bit and yes, I definitely stayed on the phone until the new invoice was received and reviewed.

7 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

I booked it directly online, thus the need for the follow up call. It got straightened out, just took a bit and yes, I definitely stayed on the phone until the new invoice was received and reviewed.

I prefer pricing it online but call to make the reservations. At least it all worked out for you. Somethings are worth waiting for. 

• Like 1