How many weeks before sail can you claim FCC for price drop?

fstuff1

Last I knew, the policy stated reservations within 14 days of sailing are not eligible for consideration.

And it is 100% of the price difference.  But if the promo terms are different, you most likely get nothing.

• Like 1

Up until 16 days before the cruise was the "deadline" my PCC at NCL gave me when I wanted to apply for the FCC because of a significant price drop on my August 2023 cruise.

I actually have that in writing (in an e-mail).

• Thanks 1

Actually, I just received a large FCC after final payment. It has to be requested at least 15 days before sailing. If you request it on day 14 they will deny.  A full 14 days is needed so that why I tell people 15 days.

5 hours ago, CruiserJ03 said:

Good responses, though you are not entitled to anything after final payment. If you book with NCL directly they tend to give you FCC, but like everything it depends.

I've had no issues with getting FCC for price drops even though I use a TA.

5 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Actually, I just received a large FCC after final payment. It has to be requested at least 15 days before sailing. If you request it on day 14 they will deny.  A full 14 days is needed so that why I tell people 15 days.

39 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've had no issues with getting FCC for price drops even though I use a TA.

Same experience as both of you.

14 days before sailing is the cutoff.  So, request it 15 days (preferably sooner) before sailing.

Trying to remember what they offered me the last time I filed for a price drop.  I don’t think it was 100%.  But, IIRC it was more than 50%.  But, could be wrong on that.  It was a sizeable FCC though.

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Trying to remember what they offered me the last time I filed for a price drop.  I don’t think it was 100%.  But, IIRC it was more than 50%.  But, could be wrong on that.  It was a sizeable FCC though.

Mine was 100%, IIRC, on the order of $1350.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Mine was 100%, IIRC, on the order of $1350.

WOW!  Nice job.

My family makes fun of me because I peruse cruise fares so much.  Probably saved thousands by doing so and seeing great fares and price reductions.

I guess I’m a cruise line “coupon clipper”. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

WOW!  Nice job.

My family makes fun of me because I peruse cruise fares so much.  Probably saved thousands by doing so and seeing great fares and price reductions.

All it took was an email to my TA.  

She did have to have a discussion with NCL.

NCL claimed there could be no price drop since all of that category was sold out.

She pointed out that NCL was still offering that category for sale on their website.

She forwarded an email from NCL the next day granting the FCC.

The FCC never showed up in my account but the TA could see it and she applied it to my next cruise.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Last Friday, a friend that is cruising with us asked for FCC for a significant price drop. We are 32 days out. He called back today to check on it and his PCC told him today that you normally don't hear anything back from the 'decision makers' until after the cruise.

Does this sound right? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

On 7/10/2023 at 9:15 AM, graphicguy said:

WOW!  Nice job.

Oh I am watching regularly as well. I figure whatever I may get is the same amount I would bid for a upgrade. 118 days till my first NCL cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seekup said:

Last Friday, a friend that is cruising with us asked for FCC for a significant price drop. We are 32 days out. He called back today to check on it and his PCC told him today that you normally don't hear anything back from the 'decision makers' until after the cruise.

Does this sound right? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

No, that is not true.  You should get an answer within a few days.  I put in a request on 7/31, got my answer (sadly a no) on 8/2.

However, the fcc will not be available to use until after completing the cruise.

15 minutes ago, julig22 said:

No, that is not true.  You should get an answer within a few days.  I put in a request on 7/31, got my answer (sadly a no) on 8/2.

However, the fcc will not be available to use until after completing the cruise.

Wonder why they said no? It seems almost a given to get something.

Did you call or email?

42 minutes ago, Seekup said:

Wonder why they said no? It seems almost a given to get something.

Did you call or email?

It's frequently a no if you use the BOGO airfare, as the price reduction also reflects the fact that they aren't subsidizing the air. But they say they do run a check...YMMV.  The 75 day comment is interesting tho, BOGO used to be good for 90 days, then recently went to 110.  On the other hand, since you can request deviations up to 75 days, I've always thought other changes should also be allowed.

"Please note, on the date of your request: 07/31/23, the AIRPROM3 promotion was no longer available, so your reservation did not qualify for the price drop within penalty FCC.

Please remember, the air promotion is CLOSED @ 75 days prior to the cruise. Your request was submitted 47 days prior to the cruise.

Per terms and conditions:
  • The voyage fare for all guests on the reservation will be used to determine the total value of the price drop, if applicable.
  • Reservations with NCL AIR will be compared to air pricing on day of the price drop request (if available). If not available Air pricing will be compared with non promotional rate at time of booking.
  • Reservations, where the promotions differ from what was originally booked to what is available at the time of price drop, are not eligible for consideration.
Your air priced higher without the promotion."

• Like 1