Dublin Overnight

There are a few.

If you do a find for "Dublin" within this page (and the following pages in the search) and look for "+1",in the dates/time after the port name, then you should get them: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruisesearch.html?id=cse&sailmonth=Any&destination=Any&departureport=&arrivalport=&openjawcruise=&portofcall=Dublin, Ireland&cruiseship=&duration=Any&chartercruise=

I did it on the Caribbean Princess in 17. It had an overnight  in Dublin. NCL has some Ireland cruises with two days in Ireland. I'm looking at the May 8th sailing. They do show an end time for the first day, but you may be able to overnight in a hotel and enjoy the night life.

13 hours ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

Sadly, Ashland, that's no longer an option.

You never know. Something to check on when they release their schedules going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Floyd in VA said:

We will be on the NCL Star in May. We have an overnight in Dublin.

I'm curious if passengers will be able to go freely during the night on that cruise.  It's listed as 9PM on the first night and 7Am is the starting time the next day.  Anyone experience a similar itinerary?  I'm trying to figure out if it's really an overnight or just a late night and two days worth of Dublin. 

Presuming it really is Dublin Port and not Dun Laoghaire, which is a tender port, then I really doubt that pax will be able to board/disembark 24 hours a day.

Excerpt from Dublin Port website.  Continuous access would require round the clock shuttle bus, which is unlikely.

Cruise ships have the facility to dock at berth’s 30, 33 and 37 in Alexandra Basin, passengers will disembark/board in Alexandra Quay East and West.  This is a restricted operational working area.  Due to health and safety reasons passengers are not permitted to exit this area on foot, a shuttle bus is provided to bring passengers to No. 2 Branch Road where they can exit the port safely on foot or avail of taxi services on site. The nearest Luas Red Line Tram stop is located at the Point village, approximately a 17 min walk (1.4km) from No. 2 Branch Road.  

https://www.dublinport.ie/tofrom/cruise-liners/

On 8/16/2023 at 3:30 PM, Tak8 said:

On the NCL site, the port is listed as Dublin (Dun Laoghaire).  

Then it is a tender port using ship's tenders.  Doubt they will run 24 hours probably finish around 1 or 2 am and start again at 7am.  They could finish earlier than 1am as the methods of returning from Dublin city to Dun Laoghaire will be limited to taxis.