cruise documents?

trinitygirl

Hi everyone, I have two cruises (Nov 25 and Dec 3) booked and fully paid for.  I am heading off on my big trip next week, and was hoping to print out my cruise documents before I leave home.  Online when I look at the bookings, there is no link under the Your Documents section.   I am guessing (from old CC posts) that usually the documents are available 90 days out which would be at the end of August.  Is there anyway to get them before then?  If not, I won't be able to print them out so my question is whether I can download them while I am on the road, and just keep them on my device instead?  I ask because on Princess it's not possible to download the documents - there is a button for Print but no way to save them (I have been able to print out both of my Princess cruise documents so the 90 day rule does not apply to Princess - each line does things differently, so much to learn/remember).

Any advice?

many thanks

Emma

Edited by trinitygirl

You do not need to print the e docs.  Mostly it is the cruise contract.  You can download load it if you want.  Unless you have booked a pre cruise hotel or transfer where you might need that documentation, the rest isn’t needed .  
If you want to print the luggage tags, which are the 2nd to the last page of the e docs,   you can but if not the porters at the port can fill out luggage tags.

When you do online check in you can take a screen shot of your boarding pass and show that when boarding.  

Cruise docs usually don't show up until 30 days before you sail.  You don't actually have to print them.  I usually just download them to a device so that I have it handy should there be any questions on board.  

And porters can tag your bags like has already been said so it isn't required that you even print the luggage tag page.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thank you.  This sounds really different than Princess, where the cruise document has all the things you have prepaid, the things included in the fare you paid, excursions booked and so on.  I always take that along just in case anything goes wrong.  It sounds like Celebrity does this differently.  I will be checking in online and will ask the Porters to tag my bags, so I guess that's all I need.   thanks again.

3 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

Hi everyone, thank you.  This sounds really different than Princess, where the cruise document has all the things you have prepaid, the things included in the fare you paid, excursions booked and so on.  I always take that along just in case anything goes wrong.  It sounds like Celebrity does this differently.  I will be checking in online and will ask the Porters to tag my bags, so I guess that's all I need.   thanks again.

You should receive an email from celebrity whenever you purchase excursions, etc after booking the cruise. I always print those out to take with me. I also print the original invoice that shows everything included in the cruise purchase, such as OBC, drink package, etc. 

• Like 1