Price per night & Price charts

drsel

Do you know any website which lists most  cruises by price per night *including all port fees and taxes?*

There was one which also had charts of price movement, but its not working anymore 

14 hours ago, drsel said:

Do you know any website which lists most  cruises by price per night *including all port fees and taxes?*

There was one which also had charts of price movement, but its not working anymore 

Cruiseplum does all this.  It's not a travel agent site, so no need to hide it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Cruiseplum does all this.  It's not a travel agent site, so no need to hide it.

You are absolutely right.

This site shows the price per day including taxes and Port fees.

It is very versatile with plenty of filters and customisation available

Edited by drsel
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, drsel said:

It is very versatile

Just be careful and check dates as the first sample I selected had dates out by one day!

Gave me a bit of a moment as it is for the cruise I have booked next month!

• Haha 1

I find it very hard to compare apples to apples as some lines include drinks, tips, WiFi, ob credits, etc and some don't. And remember that if you have the drink or dining package included they will charge you extra gratuities up front. If, for example, you don't care about specialty dining, you don't want to pay extra for something you won't use. So, I find, if I total up the value of the " extras" I will use add it to cruise price, and divide by nights I get the true comparison of value for me. 
just my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Szt said:

I find it very hard to compare apples to apples as some lines include drinks, tips, WiFi, ob credits, etc and some don't. And remember that if you have the drink or dining package included they will charge you extra gratuities up front. If, for example, you don't care about specialty dining, you don't want to pay extra for something you won't use. So, I find, if I total up the value of the " extras" I will use add it to cruise price, and divide by nights I get the true comparison of value for me. 
just my opinion. 

Always choose the sailaway price or no perks option 

Since many folks will read this thread we would also stress that comparing cruises is not simple.  For example, if you book a cruise on a luxury line (i,e. Seabourn, Silverseas, Regent, Sea Dream etc) your cruise price will generally include many things (i.e. all-inclusive).  We will soon be going on another Seabourn cruise and will likely end that month long voyage with a zero onboard account.  There is no need for us to spend any money on that line other than what we spend in the ports.  But take a siilar cruise on a line like Celebrity with a cruise-only fare, and our on board account would likely be several thousand dollars!

What drsel  calls a sailaway price or no perks just does not work these days...for many lines.  Consider that Oceania has recently (July 1) implemented their new "Simply More" where the cruise price includes a credit for shore excursions and beer/wine at lunch and dinner!  You cannot opt out of these things!  Viking cruises includes a shore excursion in every port.  etc etc.

Hank

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Since many folks will read this thread we would also stress that comparing cruises is not simple.  For example, if you book a cruise on a luxury line (i,e. Seabourn, Silverseas, Regent, Sea Dream etc) your cruise price will generally include many things (i.e. all-inclusive).  We will soon be going on another Seabourn cruise and will likely end that month long voyage with a zero onboard account.  There is no need for us to spend any money on that line other than what we spend in the ports.  But take a siilar cruise on a line like Celebrity with a cruise-only fare, and our on board account would likely be several thousand dollars!

What drsel  calls a sailaway price or no perks just does not work these days...for many lines.  Consider that Oceania has recently (July 1) implemented their new "Simply More" where the cruise price includes a credit for shore excursions and beer/wine at lunch and dinner!  You cannot opt out of these things!  Viking cruises includes a shore excursion in every port.  etc etc.

Hank

All these included perks only complicates the analysis and calculation, when deciding which Cruise to choose from among thousands.

A budget traveller would be well adviced to seek a cruise line which offers the basic Cruise only fare.

He can then choose to pay extra for anything else he may require.

And not be forced into paying for things he does not really need

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drsel said:

A budget traveller would be well adviced to seek a cruise line which offers the basic Cruise only fare.

He can then choose to pay extra for anything else he may require.

And not be forced into paying for things he does not really need

Would you include charging for all meals?  After all, some folks eat a lot less than others - and might be inclined to seriously cut back intake - do you REALLY need a full breakfast?

• Haha 1