Changing reservation from 1st night to another night for dinner in Sabatini's

Shaver John

We get the first night dinner in a paid restaurant included in our cruise and would like to change it to another night without cost to us. Any one done this before and how did you do it. We just want to do the sail away on the deck and not have to get ready for dinner at a specific time the first night. But, we do not want to be charged if we go a different night.

21 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

We get the first night dinner in a paid restaurant included in our cruise and would like to change it to another night without cost to us. Any one done this before and how did you do it. We just want to do the sail away on the deck and not have to get ready for dinner at a specific time the first night. But, we do not want to be charged if we go a different night.

No, that's why the promotion is first night. Same with getting the free bottle of wine the first night. Most people book another night.  Can you go after the first show?  

Last month, on that first night in Sabatini's as a gratis suite guest, the place was a ghost town.  It was super awkward with the waiter basically checking on us 46 times, every two minutes it seemed.  (Didn't love the food either).

31 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, that's why the promotion is first night. Same with getting the free bottle of wine the first night. Most people book another night.  Can you go after the first show?  

The only free bottle of cheap wine on first night is if you have a coupon book. Or if you are on a different cruise line

DW and I are a bit strange because we often enjoy the first night in one of the alternative restaurants.  Why?  We can sometimes get a decent discount (if we get a promotion with a coupon book there is usually 50% off).  We also know that the first night is often a bit of a mess in the MDRs with folks not having a clue, queues usually longer/slower, etc.  Rather than dealing with the usual first night "jitters" we find the alternative restaurants more quiet, less rushed, and usually a good place. 

Hank

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

DW and I are a bit strange because we often enjoy the first night in one of the alternative restaurants.  Why?  We can sometimes get a decent discount (if we get a promotion with a coupon book there is usually 50% off).  We also know that the first night is often a bit of a mess in the MDRs with folks not having a clue, queues usually longer/slower, etc.  Rather than dealing with the usual first night "jitters" we find the alternative restaurants more quiet, less rushed, and usually a good place. 

Hank

That's fine but the 50% off coupon is no more.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know.  That is what I will do. I plan to use the concierge suite a lot more this time than on other cruises.  I did not know how much they could do for you. We never went to the happy hour until the last cruise. Now, I will be prepared to use them more. So, how much later did they let you do the dinner and did you have to go to Guest Services or just go to the restaurant and they knew what was going on. Thank you.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:57 PM, Hlitner said:

Hank

Agree!
BTW haven't seen the 50% off coupon in a while...just the free bottle of "house wine".

22 hours ago, Shaver John said:

Thanks for letting me know.  That is what I will do. I plan to use the concierge suite a lot more this time than on other cruises.  I did not know how much they could do for you. We never went to the happy hour until the last cruise. Now, I will be prepared to use them more. So, how much later did they let you do the dinner and did you have to go to Guest Services or just go to the restaurant and they knew what was going on. Thank you.

We boarded on a Saturday and moved it to Wednesday.    To be honest, she huffed and puffed about it.   Stating she didn’t know if she could do it.   Made it sound like a hassle.  In actuality she made one phone call which took less than five minutes and it was done.   Other than a cup of tea one morning we never used the lounge.   But definitely plan on utilizing it more on an upcoming cruise.    I

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

Agree!
BTW haven't seen the 50% off coupon in a while...just the free bottle of "house wine".

Long gone (post #7).  Ever since they re-did the coupons, that and other useful ones gone.  Just seems like the new batch is just encouragement to spend in the shops.

It appears that you are already heading down the path that I was going to suggest.

We asked the Suite Concierge to arrange most of our dinner reservations on the Royal Princess.  As I recall, we were were hosting a private party with friends on embarkation day.  We asked the Suite Concierge to schedule our first evening suite benefit dinner at Sabatini's on the second evening of the cruise.  While I was at it I asked him to schedule Crown Grill for the third evening, and, since I was on a street, I asked him to put us on the list for the Chef's Table.

He seemed happy to do all this for us.

I made subsequent reservations for Sabatini's with the headwaiter, who also put me on the invitation for the Super Tuscan Dinner they had towards the end of the cruise.

21 hours ago, XBGuy said:

It appears that you are already heading down the path that I was going to suggest.

We asked the Suite Concierge to arrange most of our dinner reservations on the Royal Princess.  As I recall, we were were hosting a private party with friends on embarkation day.  We asked the Suite Concierge to schedule our first evening suite benefit dinner at Sabatini's on the second evening of the cruise.  While I was at it I asked him to schedule Crown Grill for the third evening, and, since I was on a street, I asked him to put us on the list for the Chef's Table.

He seemed happy to do all this for us.

I made subsequent reservations for Sabatini's with the headwaiter, who also put me on the invitation for the Super Tuscan Dinner they had towards the end of the cruise.

Do you happen to know when the suite concierge opens on embarkation day on the Royal Princess?  I would like to use them to make my reservations once I am onboard.