How to comment on phone customer service?

bluestar1

A few days ago I made a call to NCL customer service, I ended up in a queue for access services, but the representative helped me, happily with my request. At the time I didn't know he was access services and the other question I had called about was in his department.

I've made approx. 8 calls to NCL in the past 5-6 weeks and this by far was the BEST call I've had. However, I never got his name or simply forgot it if he told me, I was a bit frazzled on the topics I was calling about. 

Is there any way that NCL could see who I spoke with if I were to send in some sort of comments/review about this person? And, how do I go about doing that? It was just an excellent experience and I'd like to make sure they know and if he gets feedback he is aware.

And no, I had not chosen to take the survey at the end, so I could not do it that way.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:26 PM, FLAHAM said:

8 calls to NCL?  My PCC has always handled problems with one short call.

I'm not sure what PCC is?

The calls have been to add the dining back into the package, as a new person to NCL I didn't understand clearly the free at sea options. Another call to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony. Another call to help my son with his reservation to upgrade from inside to solo. A call to get the pricing on a Haven room. A call to ask about the alcohol waiver for a family member who doesn't drink. A call to upgrade to the Haven. So yes, multiple calls over the last few weeks. This one was fantastic customer service. 

3 hours ago, bluestar1 said:

I'm not sure what PCC is?

The calls have been to add the dining back into the package, as a new person to NCL I didn't understand clearly the free at sea options. Another call to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony. Another call to help my son with his reservation to upgrade from inside to solo. A call to get the pricing on a Haven room. A call to ask about the alcohol waiver for a family member who doesn't drink. A call to upgrade to the Haven. So yes, multiple calls over the last few weeks. This one was fantastic customer service. 

PCC--- Personal Cruise Consulant

On 7/11/2023 at 11:51 PM, bluestar1 said:

A few days ago I made a call to NCL customer service, I ended up in a queue for access services, but the representative helped me, happily with my request. At the time I didn't know he was access services and the other question I had called about was in his department.

I've made approx. 8 calls to NCL in the past 5-6 weeks and this by far was the BEST call I've had. However, I never got his name or simply forgot it if he told me, I was a bit frazzled on the topics I was calling about. 

Is there any way that NCL could see who I spoke with if I were to send in some sort of comments/review about this person? And, how do I go about doing that? It was just an excellent experience and I'd like to make sure they know and if he gets feedback he is aware.

And no, I had not chosen to take the survey at the end, so I could not do it that way.

The survey really does not ask or do much. They only ask would you want to work with that rep again, press #1 for yes or #2 for no.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:26 AM, FLAHAM said:

8 calls to NCL?  My PCC has always handled problems with one short call.

My TA will do the same.

Sometimes, I just need a quick answer that I won't bother my TA with, though.  She works on commission, so I try not to take time away from her ability to book more cruises.  I find NCL Customer Service folks to be great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I find NCL Customer Service folks to be great.

But the chat people are awful. At least three times I was given vastly incorrect info on a chat. Never again...

The most recent was a question I had about 2023 cruises that give double points (a promotion currently going on for selected cruises). It's right on the NCL website.The chat person said there is no such promotion, except for suites on some cruises. Completely wrong.

32 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

But the chat people are awful.

The handful or two times I've used chat has been great. Only minor, easy stuff though. If it's important/big my PCC gets an email instead. He's great!

2 minutes ago, Asawi said:

The handful or two times I've used chat has been great. Only minor, easy stuff though. If it's important/big my PCC gets an email instead. He's great!

My PCC is my go-to for major stuff. For something simple I had used the chat a couple of times, since I know my PCC is very popular (and busy). Don't want to bog him down with the small stuff. But no more chat for me. As they say on CC...YMMV.

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

My TA will do the same.

Sometimes, I just need a quick answer that I won't bother my TA with, though.  She works on commission, so I try not to take time away from her ability to book more cruises.  I find NCL Customer Service folks to be great.

That seems to be true especially in comparison to some others. If you go to the Princess boards, you will read multiple complaints about customer service being farmed out to the Philippines, and no one can understand them. And many of those complaints further go on to state that if this continues Princess will lose their business.

I've found NCL reps to be easy to understand and they always try to be helpful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

That seems to be true especially in comparison to some others. If you go to the Princess boards, you will read multiple complaints about customer service being farmed out to the Philippines, and no one can understand them. And many of those complaints further go on to state that if this continues Princess will lose their business.

"no one can understand them" really speaks to the shortsightedness of the folks on the Princess boards, no? If a person has difficulty understanding someone from another country, perhaps they should consider that the person from the other country may have an equally difficult time understanding them.

3 hours ago, Agent999 said:

"no one can understand them" really speaks to the shortsightedness of the folks on the Princess boards, no? If a person has difficulty understanding someone from another country, perhaps they should consider that the person from the other country may have an equally difficult time understanding them.

Or maybe management should consider both of those. Customer service by definition should be about serving the customer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Same.  Find them helpful and friendly.  Nothing in it for them given I book through a TA.  Truly Customer Support personnel!

I’m thinking they’re working out of NCL HQ in FL.  Don’t know that for a fact, though!

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Same.  Find them helpful and friendly.  Nothing in it for them given I book through a TA.  Truly Customer Support personnel!

I’m thinking they’re working out of NCL HQ in FL.  Don’t know that for a fact, though!

Like PCC's, Customer Service Reps are generally self-employed sub contractors and can be working from all most anywhere from a call center someplace to thier own homes.

19 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

But the chat people are awful. At least three times I was given vastly incorrect info on a chat. Never again...

The most recent was a question I had about 2023 cruises that give double points (a promotion currently going on for selected cruises). It's right on the NCL website.The chat person said there is no such promotion, except for suites on some cruises. Completely wrong.

I do try to get responses in writing that I can save in a file, whether a “chat” thread or preferably email. 

Answers do vary…widely sometimes.  I find if O have a record of THEIR answers, I can get to a manager who will finally offer to stick to their written responses.

True of most cruise lines.

Only time I found a cruise line who wouldn’t honor their written responses was with MSC.  They quoted me a fare and then tried charge a higher fare after I put a deposit down.  They would not honor the quoted fare, nor would they refund my deposit.  Had to get AMEX involved for a charge back against MSC.

MSC was pretty sleazy about the whole thing.    Be careful with them.  They really don’t seem to care about some dishonest business practices.

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The one I talked to was super friendly. When he asked what date we would like to book the Donna Summer's show, I gave him a first choice and said it was out wedding anniversary. He gushed over the fact that it would be our 46th anniversary. And he ended the call by saying let me be the first to welcome you aboard the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The one I talked to was super friendly. When he asked what date we would like to book the Donna Summer's show, I gave him a first choice and said it was out wedding anniversary. He gushed over the fact that it would be our 46th anniversary. And he ended the call by saying let me be the first to welcome you aboard the ship.

Yeah….out of all the cruise lines I’ve sailed, NCL’s customer service personnel are by far the best.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, www3traveler said:

Like PCC's, Customer Service Reps are generally self-employed sub contractors and can be working from all most anywhere from a call center someplace to thier own homes.

He was clearly at home, his phone went live on him and he was talking to his wife about a coffee maker 🤣 It made for a good segway for me to chat with him about his coffee and build a moment that he helped me with everything I needed even though I had ended up in the wrong queue.