Bookings for 2024/25

jamesv92

1 minute ago, librarylady19 said:

Seems likely since BL is on OFFICIAL port schedule for Zeebrugge for 5/7 amd Amsterdam for 5/8. Fingers crossed TA goes as planned first! 

Ok so either the change the final destination from Lisbon to Portsmouth. Or they do a Lisbon to Portsmouth cruise from 1st of May until the 6th of May. 5 nights from Lisbon to Portsmouth sounds manageable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, librarylady19 said:

What uk travel site has it listed. Hint please. I know we can’t name names here. 

What I understand it was on the official VV page for people approaching it from UK , but it looks like they took it down because they plan this big press release on Wednesday. And now the big surprise  is not a surprise anymore 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

• The official Portsmouth port website only has the cruise schedule through end of 2023, but they do have Virgin listed as a cruise operator there!!

that I imagine is just a hang over from the 2021 and 2022 seasons, but then again…

a little bird is telling me that new itineraries will be launching from Portsmouth, and agents will be getting special rates on them if you booked by the 28th of sept. Based on that, I would expect an announcement any moment.  

Edited by Lustate
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lustate said:

Based on that, I would expect an announcement any moment.  

Oh those dreaded "any moments". We have been waiting impatiently since April for one of those "any moment" and now you dangle another one in front of us.😉

• Haha 1

I don't think Amsterdam will be the home port as BL is shown as doing overnights on some days on the port schedule. Portsmouth is possible as they've just extended the cruise terminal and berth there (finished this week) and they are saying they expect calls to the port to rise to over 100 in 2024 with a potential extra 250,000 passengers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilK2000 said:

I think now that VV just read my comment from July and thought …. Not a bad idea lol 

IMG_7325.jpeg

I mean it’s a bit silly now we all know what’s happening, right down to the new marking strap line of “Brilliant for you”, Portsmouth will be a start home port, and the 2024 offer will be 30% off all European voyages plus $600 of free drinks (so that means it’s a 7 nights or more itineraries). We just need the site to go live.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lustate said:

I mean it’s a bit silly now we all know what’s happening, right down to the new marking strap line of “Brilliant for you”, Portsmouth will be a start home port, and the 2024 offer will be 30% off all European voyages plus $600 of free drinks (so that means it’s a 7 nights or more itineraries). We just need the site to go live.  

I have a feeling I’m going to regret not picking up more MNVV. While I would have loved for Virgin to visit the US west coast, but the UK is much easier to fly to than Athens. Barcelona is not too bad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

I have a feeling I’m going to regret not picking up more MNVV. While I would have loved for Virgin to visit the US west coast, but the UK is much easier to fly to than Athens. Barcelona is not too bad.

Totally agree - and so much cooler too! Easy to get there from the MW (lots of points flights) and easy access to the rest of W. Europe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Some "first mates" buy the max number of MNVV each time they cruise and then sell them to clients--totally permitted--so check with your agent!

• Like 3

According persons being currently on Richard‘s birthday cruise a press announcement was planned for today . Newest rumors about the Brilliant sound not so good. I think it is now a matter of days …. ( I hope so ) 

• Like 1

Just now, PhilK2000 said:

According persons being currently on Richard‘s birthday cruise a press announcement was planned for today . Newest rumors about the Brilliant sound not so good. I think it is now a matter of days …. ( I hope so ) 

What are the “latest rumors”?

2 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

What are the “latest rumors”?

BL won’t be ready , and will start in Portsmouth . VL will take over the San Juan itineraries as these are well booked . Original VL cruises from Miami will be cancelled and so the BL transatlantic from San Juan to Europe . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhilK2000 said:

BL won’t be ready , and will start in Portsmouth . VL will take over the San Juan itineraries as these are well booked . Original VL cruises from Miami will be cancelled and so the BL transatlantic from San Juan to Europe . 

VL can’t take over the BL transatlantic as Scarlet is also doing a transatlantic and therefore if Valiant did too then all four ships would be in Europe!

Valiant taking over the San Juan seems plausible and then moving back to Miami when Scarlet comes to Europe. But what happens to the BL transatlantic is the question. The Scarlet one seems to be fairly well booked so I doubt they could move everyone over.

10 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

VL can’t take over the BL transatlantic as Scarlet is also doing a transatlantic and therefore if Valiant did too then all four ships would be in Europe!

Valiant taking over the San Juan seems plausible and then moving back to Miami when Scarlet comes to Europe. But what happens to the BL transatlantic is the question. The Scarlet one seems to be fairly well booked so I doubt they could move everyone over.

No . There will be no BL transatlantic . BL Start date will be rescheduled to May 2024 with a direct start in Portsmouth as she is built in Europe anyway. 

SL remains as it is . VL will be repositioned to San Juan and take over the BL cruises 

but as said these are rumors . I hope that this won’t happen as I am booked on the April BL TA. 

Edited by PhilK2000
  • Thanks 1