Bookings for 2024/25

jamesv92

Hi

Does anyone else find it strange there's nothing to book beyond October 2024?

I'm not sure what other timescales companies run on but I would expect to be able to book something for end of next year..

2 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

We are being told new itineraries are to be released this month, so hopefully we will see something in the next couple of weeks. 

Interesting 🤔 Also hoping for some new itineraries/areas as have done a few of what they offer and would love to see them venture somewhere different.

With the way VV has been going, they seemingly haven’t even finalized Q1-Q3 of 2024. They recently changed a bunch of Austrailia sailings and are probably figuring out where to sail Brilliant Lady after April. As much as I am impatiently waiting for the late 2024/ early 2025 itineraries, it’s probably better they don’t release them until they get a better idea. 
I noticed the transatlantic style routes around Athens/Dubai/Singapore were selling well though, even with the higher nightly rates. 
The Caribbean sailings out of Miami are pretty solid as well. 
I also speculate that the prices will go up significantly and I’m afraid of being priced out as a solo sailor.

9 hours ago, jamesv92 said:

Hi

Does anyone else find it strange there's nothing to book beyond October 2024?

I'm not sure what other timescales companies run on but I would expect to be able to book something for end of next year..

No because they will have four ships for the first time. And we will have one ship that can go through the Panama Canal opening the West Coast. From what my TA told me, VV was pleasantly surprised by the performance of Valiant and Scarlet in Miami together. I was told VV is taking a good long look at how to maximize their brand globally. And if you look at other cruise lines, there are limited schedules after Dec. 2024 so everyone in the cruise industry is rethinking their ship deployments. Celebrity just suddenly pulled Beyond from the Med and moved her to year round Caribbean, probably as an answer to VV. 

It's getting increasingly difficult to get port schedules together because the cruising world is getting crowded. Berths are secured 2 to 3 years in advance. VV is new to the game so they don't have the longstanding relationships of the other major players. It's probably there are itineraries they are trying to negotiate space or looking at ports that are growing with more space.

I've read some articles in the past about port scheduling and it's a job I would not wish on anyone. It's easy to whiteboard new itineraries all day long. It's a much different matter for the negotiators who have to deal with hundreds of calls and meetings to try to make those ports happen. 🙂

From what I've read and heard from others, mid to late August sounds like when we'll start to see itineraries show up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

No because they will have four ships for the first time. And we will have one ship that can go through the Panama Canal opening the West Coast. From what my TA told me, VV was pleasantly surprised by the performance of Valiant and Scarlet in Miami together. I was told VV is taking a good long look at how to maximize their brand globally. And if you look at other cruise lines, there are limited schedules after Dec. 2024 so everyone in the cruise industry is rethinking their ship deployments. Celebrity just suddenly pulled Beyond from the Med and moved her to year round Caribbean, probably as an answer to VV. 

It's getting increasingly difficult to get port schedules together because the cruising world is getting crowded. Berths are secured 2 to 3 years in advance. VV is new to the game so they don't have the longstanding relationships of the other major players. It's probably there are itineraries they are trying to negotiate space or looking at ports that are growing with more space.

I've read some articles in the past about port scheduling and it's a job I would not wish on anyone. It's easy to whiteboard new itineraries all day long. It's a much different matter for the negotiators who have to deal with hundreds of calls and meetings to try to make those ports happen. 🙂

From what I've read and heard from others, mid to late August sounds like when we'll start to see itineraries show up. 

Interesting thank you 🙂

7 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

We are being told new itineraries are to be released this month, so hopefully we will see something in the next couple of weeks. 

Except we were told that last month as well.....they were supposedly coming out with the July 4 sale announcement.

3 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Case in point, Cunard, who has used Brooklyn Red Hook for years had to change lots of 2024 itneraries due to scheduling conflicts at Red Hook.  The normal Transatlantic Queen Mary 2 crossing is 7 days. A whole bunch of the westbounds became 6 days and the east bounds became 8,  Of course, compensation ensued. People who got cut a day got a day cut from their fare. I'm a lucky one who got 8 days for the proce of 7 🙂  Plus everyone got a little OBC.

I agree, scheduling must be a nightmare job with all the different countries and ports and rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

I agree, scheduling must be a nightmare job with all the different countries and ports and rules.

One positive is that with the size and the newer propulsion system, VV can use smaller, less busy ports than some other lines.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Except we were told that last month as well.....they were supposedly coming out with the July 4 sale announcement.

From what we've been reading, the focus of the company has been on the launch of the ships. Getting them ready on time and having successful launches. In particular ensuring everything is on track with BL. With the complexity of global port scheduling I'm ok if they take their time and get it right.

I'd really like to see expanded Caribbean itineraries from Miami moving forward. The same loop of 4/5 when there is one ship in port is getting old. I've even sent emails to the "Contact Us" on VV's website asking if they can sprinkle in some 7's, 10's and 14's from time to time just to shake it up and give us something other than the same continual loops. The BL itineraries are honestly the best in the Caribbean for VV other than the 8 night Eastern Antilles when there are two ships in Miami. 

• Like 3

I'd be perfectly content with waiting till October to see the new offerings.  I'm looking for something in the fall of 2024, but would just as soon wait till I'm on board again to see what has changed for the good or bad.  I know my TA will have MNVVs available, but could still get my own while on board.  From what I'm hearing, there have been quite a few changes, and wouldn't mind seeing what's different before plopping down more dollars.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:49 PM, CruisingWalter said:

I'd really like to see expanded Caribbean itineraries from Miami moving forward. The same loop of 4/5 when there is one ship in port is getting old. I've even sent emails to the "Contact Us" on VV's website asking if they can sprinkle in some 7's, 10's and 14's from time to time just to shake it up and give us something other than the same continual loops. The BL itineraries are honestly the best in the Caribbean for VV other than the 8 night Eastern Antilles when there are two ships in Miami. 

I'm still a bit fresh to this all but....

When people say they want a 10 or 14-night cruise, why don't they just book back-to-back voyages?

serious question if there is a reason. 

2 hours ago, Lustate said:

I'm still a bit fresh to this all but....

When people say they want a 10 or 14-night cruise, why don't they just book back-to-back voyages?

I've done B2Bs on at least a few other lines, as well as a 7/9 combination of 2 cruises on the same ship.  The biggest downsides are repeats of the ports, menus,  losing a day (depending on how they do the transition), and sometimes needing to change cabins (which the crew does make easy). nOn a 12 or 14 night cruise, most lines bring on board additional or special entertainment, some have totally new menus for each night while others have assorted "specials."  Turnover day may be nothing (the line may check you in for a long cruise as a single thing), a trip to GS to pick up a new card, or  5 minutes to 4-5 hours sitting in a terminal,  That is a combination of what the line and customs requires. Every cruise is different, even if it is the same port and cruise line.  Also, longer cruises have a different guest assortment, although this is lessening with more people able to work from home.  On lines that are not adult only, you see lots of toddlers but almost no school aged kids, and overall the adults tend to be a little older and more experienced travelers.  Granted, all these are generalizations and there are always young adults on a first cruise who choose 14 nights.  Repeat ports can be a good or bad thing depending on the ports and your plans for the day.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:29 AM, Lustate said:

With VV it's quite expensive for back to backs plus it's all just Western Caribbean, that's boring. 

With real 10 - 14 night itineraries the ships can go deeper into the Caribbean like to the ABC islands and beyond. Look at the Celebrity 10 - 14 night itineraries. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, CruisingWalter said:

With VV it's quite expensive for back to backs plus it's all just Western Caribbean, that's boring. 

With real 10 - 14 night itineraries the ships can go deeper into the Caribbean like to the ABC islands and beyond. Look at the Celebrity 10 - 14 night itineraries. 

Virgin and Celebrity have a completely different vibe on their ships.  

I’m looking at Celebrity for 2024. Different vibe but that’s fine, enjoyed Royal and Princess in the past. Going to wait a few more weeks and see if Virgin has something new, we already have one VV cruise booked in 24.

• Like 1

I think a lot of us are waiting and hoping to see what VV comes out with.  Yes, I've looked at other lines to be sure there are cruises that I might choose available, but I still want to see VV offerings and prices.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Not in our experience. 4 cruises so far on Celebrity, 2 so far on VV. Very similar to be honest. The crews are similar, even with the Celebrity crew being dressed more formal, they're really casual and fun. Food is similar, pools are much better on Celebrity. And Celebrity has a lot more of the traditional games plus that awesome water volleyball game between the crew and the guests. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 12:09 PM, Tyler414 said:

We found the passengers on Celebrity to be older than other lines we'd cruised.  Like Walter, we found the food and the crew interactions to be the most similar to  VV than any other line we've sailed.  We did Alaska, so didn't have the pool games and such.....but ANY line has better pools than VV.   Celebrity did put some sort of dome over one of the adult only pools and designate "family hours " for a few hours each day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Celebrity did put some sort of dome over one of the adult only pools and designate "family hours " for a few hours each day.

Celebrity has the best solarium pools in the industry across the fleet. So amazing. And honestly right now they have better itineraries in the Caribbean from Florida. Very curious to see what VV does with their new itineraries. 

Edited by CruisingWalter