Bookings for 2024/25

jamesv92

On 7/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, jamesv92 said:

Interesting 🤔 Also hoping for some new itineraries/areas as have done a few of what they offer and would love to see them venture somewhere different.

Brilliant Lady is currently booked into several European ports throughout Summer 2024 and 2025, in addition to Iceland. These bookings are often the closest you can get to predicting future itineraries, but keep in mind that they can change. Despite this, it’s definitely looking like VV are planning to add Northern Europe to their destination list.

Here is the full list of ports where BL is currently booked in 2024/2025:

- Lerwick, Scotland

- Reykjavik, Iceland 

- Akureyi, Iceland

- Bergen, Norway

- Amsterdam, Netherlands (Homeport?)

- Zeebrugee, Belgium

- Leixoes (Porto), Portugal

Amsterdam appears to have the most calls, suggesting that this will be her homeport. There looks to be a varying length for cruises, between 4 and 12 nights from what I can tell, as a result of the wide variety of destinations she is planned to cover. 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Freelancer3 said:

Great job!

Elsewhere I have seen Scotland, Iceland and Netherlands listed as ports under contract by VV. Im really looking forward to seeing an official announcement!

Thanks! Yes, I listed some of the different ports in Scotland, Iceland and the Netherlands that I have seen above. Also looking forward to an announcement, but they’re taking their time! 😅

5 hours ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Where did you see Iceland? 

I couldn’t find those port schedules for 2024

edit: found it! It’s there in June! 

There are also calls for Scarlet Lady in 2024, which I imagine will be placeholders and eventually get changed to Brilliant Lady.

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

There are also calls for Scarlet Lady in 2024, which I imagine will be placeholders and eventually get changed to Brilliant Lady.

Saw scarlet lady listed for 2024 in Haifa Israel but wonder if that's place holding for Brilliant Lady 

4 hours ago, jamesv92 said:

Saw scarlet lady listed for 2024 in Haifa Israel but wonder if that's place holding for Brilliant Lady 

As far as I can see, SL has been removed from Haifa’s schedule in 2024. The only VV ship with bookings is Resilient Lady, which is scheduled a few times over Summet 25.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

- Lerwick, Scotland

- Reykjavik, Iceland 

- Akureyi, Iceland

- Bergen, Norway

- Zeebrugee, Belgium

Amsterdam appears to have the most calls, suggesting that this will be her homeport. There looks to be a varying length for cruises, between 4 and 12 nights from what I can tell, as a result of the wide variety of destinations she is planned to cover. 

I was just trying to find these ports and I have been having no luck finding Brilliant Lady there. Could you share what site(s) you found them on? I'm just trying to put together an idea of what a cruise might look like so I could start thinking about asking the usually "absolutely no" question for time off during the summer.

They're often listed on the official pages of the ports so imagine this is where they're from. 

Looks very much to me like there will be:

- 4 night cruises involving Amsterdam and Zeebrugge

- 12 night cruises from Amsterdam to Lerwick, Iceland, then back via the Norwegian fjords

- Possible cruise between Lisbon and Amsterdam stopping at Porto and some other places.

Amsterdam will ban cruise ships from the current terminal next to city centre. So might be that Amsterdam  will change to another port - Ijmuiden isn't that nice location for passengers to embark / disembark. 

Edited by JezzaC

On 8/6/2023 at 10:45 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

Brilliant Lady is currently booked into several European ports throughout Summer 2024 and 2025, in addition to Iceland. These bookings are often the closest you can get to predicting future itineraries, but keep in mind that they can change. Despite this, it’s definitely looking like VV are planning to add Northern Europe to their destination list.

- Lerwick, Scotland

- Reykjavik, Iceland 

- Akureyi, Iceland

- Bergen, Norway

- Zeebrugee, Belgium

Are there any dates for the above locations? Curious to see what the plan might be and if its over winter in Europe or just the summer season and off to the USA etc in October/ November 2024

I am watching the cruise lists of ports a long time. Brilliant Ladys calls in Amsterdam are almost one year old, that's why I think that they should not be actual anymore. But 2 months ago Resilient Lady appeared in Amsterdams cruise list from 27 August 2024 until 21 Sep 2024 in 5 day frequencies.

https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/2024/

4 hours ago, Lustate said:

Are there any dates for the above locations? Curious to see what the plan might be and if its over winter in Europe or just the summer season and off to the USA etc in October/ November 2024

Just over the Summer. The TA looks like it will be early May from the US/Caribbean to Europe and late October going back.

4 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

I am watching the cruise lists of ports a long time. Brilliant Ladys calls in Amsterdam are almost one year old, that's why I think that they should not be actual anymore. But 2 months ago Resilient Lady appeared in Amsterdams cruise list from 27 August 2024 until 21 Sep 2024 in 5 day frequencies.

https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/2024/

I would tend to agree, but BL isn’t booked in anywhere else across the world over this time period, yet RL. It could be a simple ship swap, but I can’t see that all of those ports above would show calls for BL if that was the case, surely some more would be updated?

I will keep my eye on it and let’s see how it pans out. 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

4 hours ago, Lustate said:

Heading back October to the carribean . She is scheduled in Porto / Leixoes for October (coming from La Coruna in Spain / heading to Lisbon ) . See photo below I took from the official port page . 

IMG_0364.jpeg

So my guess based on what we all know so far is on the 23rd the next set of itineraries will be released. Normally VV run limited time offers for whole months or over “special weekends”. For some reason the august ones finish on the 22nd. If you want to ensure offers do not reduce the potential income in your 2024/25 season you need to stop the offer, and issue a new one on the new routes. A couple of weeks and we will have through to November 2025 on sale I bet. 

finally we can all stop guessing lol 

• Like 4

Just got off RL the staff at future voyages said they were confident that the itinerary release would come this August and said some current  itineraries were being adjusted ! I told her they kept saying that every month but she said they gave actual dates at the end of August and the other times it was open-ended! I hope they are finally released!

• Thanks 1

I've waited so long now that I'd actually like to wait till the next time I'm on the ship.  That way we can check out the new menu in RD, etc. before deciding whether to extend our list.   It isn't that much longer.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

Also, Scarlet Lady will remain in Miami throughout Summer 25, as she has multiple calls scheduled in Key West (Florida) throughout the season.

UPDATE:

These bookings in Key West have now been changed to Valiant Lady for Summer 25, so VL will likely remain in Miami and Scarlet Lady will come across to Europe alongside Resilient and Brilliant.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

Also, Scarlet Lady will remain in Miami throughout Summer 25, as she has multiple calls scheduled in Key West (Florida) throughout the season.

UPDATE:

These bookings in Key West have now been changed to Valiant Lady for Summer 25, so VL will likely remain in Miami and Scarlet Lady will come across to Europe alongside Resilient and Brilliant.

Scarlet’s eastbound TA will visit Cadiz, Spain, so likely to enter the Mediterranean.