"Levels" of Haven question

Morgsmom

50 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

To me that means 'free' as it's no additional charge. 

The increased fare that included it was an additional charge, so it's not free. You pay for it in a different way, but you still pay for it.

2 minutes ago, omahabob said:

The increased fare that included it was an additional charge, so it's not free. You pay for it in a different way, but you still pay for it.

I agree with that. I'm just not sure whether it ultimately matters if you call it included or free.

You could argue that anything on the ship that's complimentary is included, not free, (like the toilets), but ultimately people need to figure out what they care about, what's included in each fare option, what's available as add-ons, and compare $s and lines on an apples-to-apples basis.

Whether you call that free or included doesn't change that decision making to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My experience is that the regular drinks package, which a majority of folks in the haven have, only cover drinks up to $15 and soda from the gun.

If you have the premium plus drinks package they will give you the cans and bottled water. 

Last cruise, my butler also told me right away he couldn't bring cans of coke to my room to stock the fridge, but when I suggested I would just bring them from the haven bar he kept them stocked the whole time.  I think its for sure hit or miss, but the plus package is what enables cans - and it's an upcharge.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just got email from the Upgrade Advantage Fairy and we are contemplating the Aft option on the Epic. We are currently booked in a large balcony cabin. Are the balconies for the Haven aft large on the Epic? The regular aft cabins on the Epic seem much smaller than the Getaway. Which is why we went with the large balcony for the Epic. I love having that lounger for morning coffee and afternoon siesta. I am only interested in the nicer room and quieter part of the ship. I have no interest in the Butler. I am intrigued about the embarkation, debarkation and the restaurants. Also, I booked the Posh beach club as well, if I win the upgrade will they refund my Posh club access? 

On 7/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, jlowe420 said:

My experience is that the regular drinks package, which a majority of folks in the haven have, only cover drinks up to $15 and soda from the gun.

If you have the premium plus drinks package they will give you the cans and bottled water. 

Last cruise, my butler also told me right away he couldn't bring cans of coke to my room to stock the fridge, but when I suggested I would just bring them from the haven bar he kept them stocked the whole time.  I think its for sure hit or miss, but the plus package is what enables cans - and it's an upcharge.

Our Butler did the same thing, on our first day. He was asking what we like to drink and what drink package we had. I said I like diet coke, 5 minutes later he brought me 6 cans, I said I really don' want to pay extra for soda in a can, I'll just get it at the bar.... he said its on the house

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Our Butler did the same thing, on our first day. He was asking what we like to drink and what drink package we had. I said I like diet coke, 5 minutes later he brought me 6 cans, I said I really don' want to pay extra for soda in a can, I'll just get it at the bar.... he said its on the house

Ours did the Same,the wife and I both Drink Michelob Ultra and when we met our butler he said no problem and he would stock our fridge for us. Now I know that is not technically allowed but some butlers will do this for you.  

sorry for the late response. if the ship you're booking, has both a haven and a suite designation(not club balcony suite) you will find the size and  description almost identical. there is a significant price difference, the perks are identical, the only difference is no access to the haven complex if you book a suite. personally i find that at the difference in price, i can forgo the haven pool, bar and restaurant,

you still have breakfast at modeno, lunch at cagneys, and all the other goodies. butler, concierge, priority getting on/off the ship 

dont get me wrong, staying in the haven complex is amazing, truly a different world, but does it equate with saving a few $1000 dollars for almost the same thing?