Seriously - all the shows are sold out???

I consider myself a fairly experienced cruiser, but it doesn't occur to me that I have to reserve the shows in advance - yes, I know I have to do it once I get on the ship. But for our upcoming Harmony 7 nt trip, all the shows are sold out. Seriously? Can we show up and expect to get a spot or are we actually SOL? And what if we want to see the Aquashow, which isn't on the app? When did cruising get so complicated? 

7 minutes ago, lynnber said:

I consider myself a fairly experienced cruiser, but it doesn't occur to me that I have to reserve the shows in advance - yes, I know I have to do it once I get on the ship. But for our upcoming Harmony 7 nt trip, all the shows are sold out. Seriously? Can we show up and expect to get a spot or are we actually SOL? And what if we want to see the Aquashow, which isn't on the app? When did cruising get so complicated? 

You can try via the app when you get onboard.  If that doesn't work, then you can go early and get in the standby line.  Oasis Class has opened up reservations well before sailing since prior to Covid. I think then they even opened up somwhere between 90 and 100 days out.  Now they seem to be creeping toward 60 days out.  Using the website Cruise Planner is a better option to use before the cruise, same goes for anything else on the Cruise Planner. The app has lots of 'holes'.   It was meant to be used onboard and while it's getting better, I seem to always find way more info and options by using the website.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Now they seem to be creeping toward 60 days out. 

Generally 30-60 days out.

To the OP, don’t stress, they hold back a certain % of reservations for booking onboard & you can easily use the standby line for everything except adult comedy, just b/c that venue is small (there is still a standby line but fewer will get in that way).

1 hour ago, lynnber said:

I booked oasis back when it was new, I'll bet 10 years ago and even then oasis class you booked shows before you boarded. This isnt new if you cruised since oasis came out.

They will have more slots and I've done the stand by line to see a show a 2nd time and always get in. Lots of people with reservations will be no shows. Dont worry if you did not know to reserve ahead. You can get in easily ... but it's not a new thing. Sorry you seem so upset. 

PS you say the app doesnt show the aqua show. Try signing into your account online. We had to get to the comedy booking thru the online planner. Try online.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Generally 30-60 days out.

To the OP, don’t stress, they hold back a certain % of reservations for booking onboard & you can easily use the standby line for everything except adult comedy, just b/c that venue is small (there is still a standby line but fewer will get in that way).

On the Oasis last month, everyone got into the Comedy Club from the standby line.  🙂 

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

On the Oasis last month, everyone got into the Comedy Club from the standby line.  🙂 

Exception that proves the rule? Glad it worked out that time but you understand the general point.