First cruise since summer 2019

Hello.  My family has booked our first cruise since 2019.  We're sailing on Allure in October.  I've read how the MDR has been cut back in a variety of ways and so I am wondering where onboard you can still find something resembling what the MDR used to be (and arguably should be).  

We are a party of 5 and therefore have always booked suites.  We are in the 2br Aquatheatre and I know about the Star class benefits.  Coastal Kitchen on ALL of our previous cruises on ships with one (1x Quantum, 1x Anthem, 5x Allure) has been a let down across the board.  We are not fans of the menu there but the service has been inconsistent has as the food quality and temperature.  Why Royal doesn't make CK a gastronomic experience that people lust after I can't figure out....you'd think they'd want their highest-paying customers to have something to dream about coming back to, but whatever.

So now that we're cruising again I'd like to know from folks who've been to sea lately where you can get the best dining experience on board.  By best I mean highest quality food, consistently served at the right temperature, with the most attentive service.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, mandersen12345 said:

Why Royal doesn't make CK a gastronomic experience that people lust after I can't figure out....you'd think they'd want their highest-paying customers to have something to dream about coming back to, but whatever.

They keep coming back as it is now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mandersen12345 said:

Hello.  My family has booked our first cruise since 2019.  We're sailing on Allure in October.  I've read how the MDR has been cut back in a variety of ways and so I am wondering where onboard you can still find something resembling what the MDR used to be (and arguably should be).  

We are a party of 5 and therefore have always booked suites.  We are in the 2br Aquatheatre and I know about the Star class benefits.  Coastal Kitchen on ALL of our previous cruises on ships with one (1x Quantum, 1x Anthem, 5x Allure) has been a let down across the board.  We are not fans of the menu there but the service has been inconsistent has as the food quality and temperature.  Why Royal doesn't make CK a gastronomic experience that people lust after I can't figure out....you'd think they'd want their highest-paying customers to have something to dream about coming back to, but whatever.

So now that we're cruising again I'd like to know from folks who've been to sea lately where you can get the best dining experience on board.  By best I mean highest quality food, consistently served at the right temperature, with the most attentive service.

Thank you.

Good Luck!!! Recently spent one week with Family members on the Oasis. The only good meal the entire week was in Chops and should have been for what it cost us for 8 people!!!!!

Just now, Tlbecker1 said:

I have never had a bad meal in CK.  We always look forward to it, I guess that I am easy to please.

I've liked some better than others, but in my whopping 2 experience in Sky Class (one last month when we ate in CK all 7 nights on Wonder) I've enjoyed my meals there as well.

• Like 1

I am repeating what two other posters already stated. First, for the best dining experience purchase the UDP. Second, I realize you haven’t cruised in awhile, but almost all RCI’s ships are sailing at 100 percent capacity or higher. People are coming back again and again, including people who always stay in suites. 

2 hours ago, mandersen12345 said:

Thank you.

You are sailing STAR class.  why are you even considering even eating in the MDR or Coastal Kitchen.  Star class includes dining at all of the specialty restaurants.

• Like 4