Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Think about Sundays from Port Canaveral, subject to change.  

I am hoping either its similar to the initial pricing that was on Icon before the crazy increase or once its released, Icon drops in pricing.  One can hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisin from florida said:

Anyone want to guess where Brilliance is going to go after she arrives in Boston in September of 2025?

I'd love to turn our TA into a b2b.

If like previous years, Brilliance should do 7 days New England/Canada...there are 2024 sail dates outs...Should give you an idea of ports...Not sure if Bar Harbor will be in mix

Edited by Scoobydobe7

On 11/29/2023 at 4:16 PM, twangster said:

Everything I've seen points to 7 nights Caribbean with Perfect Day, alternating east then west week after week.  

There may be an initial inaugural 4 night cruise but until they officially release the ship and open up bookings we won't know for sure.   

I'm assuming out of Port Canaveral.  Replacing Wonder

Edited by SherriZ366

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No need to assume; it's been on the website all day.

Thanks.  Haven't been on the RCI website today.  We'll probably either cruise on Celebrity if they keep the Equinox or another ship in Port C or Utopia back to back (we're doing two of these b2bs in 2024 -- enjoyed this on Allure a few weeks ago).  

I wonder what Star's prices will be like -- probably high.  Hope it keeps Utopia's prices in check.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks.  Haven't been on the RCI website today.  We'll probably either cruise on Celebrity if they keep the Equinox or another ship in Port C or Utopia back to back (we're doing two of these b2bs in 2024 -- enjoyed this on Allure a few weeks ago).  

I wonder what Star's prices will be like -- probably high.  Hope it keeps Utopia's prices in check.  

I enjoyed Allure last month as well. Every time I compared Utopia to Wonder for the weeks we could sail, Wonder was cheaper so I'm just camping out on Wonder while she's here.

We also have zero interest in Star (or its prices) and Celebrity isn't for us. I'll do the Wonder vs. Utopia comparison again for early Summer 2025 when they're released and hope they're not as high as I expect.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I enjoyed Allure last month as well. Every time I compared Utopia to Wonder for the weeks we could sail, Wonder was cheaper so I'm just camping out on Wonder while she's here.

We also have zero interest in Star (or its prices) and Celebrity isn't for us. I'll do the Wonder vs. Utopia comparison again for early Summer 2025 when they're released and hope they're not as high as I expect.

We're on Wonder on March 3.  We've been splurging in suites and got a good price.  We got an incredible price on Allure for the b2b in a GS.  I booked as soon as it was released.    

for the cruises later in 2024, we compared prices and Utopia for a GS was $2,000 less than Wonder for the weeks we booked.  I'm doing a little work for my boss, a State Senator who's running for re-election, so we'll have a little mad money.  

Like you, I have zero interest in Star -- too kid centered.  The only way we'd do it is a family cruise like we did last August on Wonder and we felt the summer, kid heavy was a bit trying.   I think the crowding and kids on Star would be out of sight.  I did enjoy watching my grandsons having a great time on Wonder.  

Wonder has a great staff and March will be our 3rd time on the ship.  I hope Utopia's staff is as good as Allure's.  

I did sign up for the Star alerts though just to keep it in the loop.  We only sail out of Port Canaveral as it is a 4 1/2 hour drive from our home.   

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

No, Star of the Seas will not be on my agenda at these ridiculous prices! 🤯

But someone will pay it - a Fool and his money are easily parted as the saying goes!

Totally agree.  Ridiculous amount of money for a 7 day cruise in an interior cabin.  Very sad that most families who they will be marketing to won't be able to afford it.

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

Totally agree.  Ridiculous amount of money for a 7 day cruise in an interior cabin.  Very sad that most families who they will be marketing to won't be able to afford it.

Royal is not looking at their traditional cruiser who has been spoiled by low cost vacations for years.  These new ships are being targeted to families who think nothing of spending that kind of money for a week at Disneyland for a week or a week on a Disney cruise.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is not looking at their traditional cruiser who has been spoiled by low cost vacations for years.  These new ships are being targeted to families who think nothing of spending that kind of money for a week at Disneyland for a week or a week on a Disney cruise.  

Will be interesting to see if this will fly.....we sure have 0 interest in sailing Icon class ships!

28 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Will be interesting to see if this will fly.....we sure have 0 interest in sailing Icon class ships!

Sadly, it probably will. Look at all the bookings for Icon. I would love to try an Icon class ship, but I don't see it happening for a very long time. I certainly can't afford these prices.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

No different than lots of families with zero interest in sailing Radiance and vision class ships.  Even within the same brand they easily market to entirely different demographics.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

It is already flying...  Icon proved this is a successful and lucrative market.  At least in the short term.

What's gong to be interesting to see is what happens to these new cruisers they hooked when they book a second or third cruise on Explorer or Liberty or Enchantment not realizing all ships are not equal.  

I had friends recently tell me about booking a cruise on Enchantment based on some ad that they had seen for Royal Caribbean.  It was a fast paced video that had a montage of things you find on many different ships.  None of which will be on Enchantment.  The general population doesn't do a great deal research.  

If they can't retain them as repeat customers they're going to start to have trouble filling the ships down the road.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It is already flying...  Icon proved this is a successful and lucrative market.  At least in the short term.

What's gong to be interesting to see is what happens to these new cruisers they hooked when they book a second or third cruise on Explorer or Liberty or Enchantment not realizing all ships are not equal.  

I had friends recently tell me about booking a cruise on Enchantment based on some ad that they had seen for Royal Caribbean.  It was a fast paced video that had a montage of things you find on many different ships.  None of which will be on Enchantment.  The general population doesn't do a great deal research.  

If they can't retain them as repeat customers they're going to start to have trouble filling the ships down the road.  

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

100% agree!