Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

16 hours ago, RedOaks said:

I was just looking at those and doing a price comparison to see how much they had increased year over year.

I saw your numbers on our roll call.  Ouch!

Edited by Teeara

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

image.thumb.png.a93472c1c7bbbc3088bdae747b1f0e6a.png

Sad.  Glad I work in law.  Most of us start at 3 weeks after our 1st year and get 4 weeks after 5 years depending on the size of the firm.  My current firm I get 4 weeks, 13 holidays plus 2 personal days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, amindu said:

How do TAs book if the schedule has not been released? I guess how do people even pick before being able to see the itinerary or schedule unless its posted somewhere

It was the Next Cruise team (two of them told me the same thing) that told me the 2025 Alaska bookings were open to outside TAs first.  I thought that was pretty bad that the company TAs were last to have ability to book.  They are really frustrated by that.  Can't blame them. 

13 hours ago, little britain said:

Glad we did Alaska in the coveted #9256 a few years ago too!! 

We as well...which we have done several times.  Could have booked it again yesterday for the 2025 season, but decided to grab the more comfort and room of a hump GS cabin.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Sad.  Glad I work in law.  Most of us start at 3 weeks after our 1st year and get 4 weeks after 5 years depending on the size of the firm.  My current firm I get 4 weeks, 13 holidays plus 2 personal days.

That IS sad.  My hubby and I get 5 weeks and 5.5 weeks respectively, plus 12 holidays, plus 5 sick days annually.  Of course, we can't take them all at once, but we are taking two weeks together later this month.  

AND it's for a cruise booked when cruises opened for this period two years ago.  😀

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

I saw your numbers on our roll call.  Ouch!

My sentiments exactly.  I realize prices increase but that is more than the increase in CPI year over year.  Do a "dummy" booking on your stateroom for the Radiance, Panama 2025, and you'll see the increase.  Even the taxes and port fees almost doubled.  Ouch!

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Glad we did Alaska in the coveted #9256 a few years ago too!! 

We actually went on Celebrity Infinity when we went to Alaska, Cabin #8181. Will never forget it had the largest Corner AFT facing cabin we have ever had. Balcony was as large as the cabin. It was a great cabin to have for Alaska since you can see so many different angles from that balcony.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

That IS sad.  My hubby and I get 5 weeks and 5.5 weeks respectively, plus 12 holidays, plus 5 sick days annually.  Of course, we can't take them all at once, but we are taking two weeks together later this month.  

AND it's for a cruise booked when cruises opened for this period two years ago.  😀

I know, right?  Oh well.  Only another 6 years and we're retiring and I can have as much time to cruise as I want.  Now to win the lottery to finance it 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We actually went on Celebrity Infinity when we went to Alaska, Cabin #8181. Will never forget it had the largest Corner AFT facing cabin we have ever had. Balcony was as large as the cabin. It was a great cabin to have for Alaska since you can see so many different angles from that balcony.

Reminds me of 7388 and 7688 on Voyager class, except more exposed to the sun.  

13 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Reminds me of 7388 and 7688 on Voyager class, except more exposed to the sun.  

8181 was the best of both worlds, had plenty of SHADE(by the table if that is what you wanted) and SUN on it's balcony...........But the Cabin was like 3 times the sizes of 7388 and 7688 (Both are ALL SHADE balconies except if you are standing by the port hole opening on the side Not a usable space though when trying to set up 2 lounge chairs) which we have also been in those 2 cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

8181 was the best of both worlds, had plenty of SHADE(by the table if that is what you wanted) and SUN on it's balcony...........But the Cabin was like 3 times the sizes of 7388 and 7688 (Both are ALL SHADE balconies except if you are standing by the port hole opening on the side Not a usable space though when trying to set up 2 lounge chairs) which we have also been in those 2 cabins.

We aren't sun people since we burn, so that's why we love 7388 and 7688.  I've never cruised on Celebrity, but if I do this is definitely a cabin I would look for.  We can hide in the shady corner if necessary ;o)  Love a larger cabin for sure, especially on those longer sailings.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedOaks said:

My sentiments exactly.  I realize prices increase but that is more than the increase in CPI year over year.  Do a "dummy" booking on your stateroom for the Radiance, Panama 2025, and you'll see the increase.  Even the taxes and port fees almost doubled.  Ouch!

I did one.  30% increase.  As Argus Filch says...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RedOaks said:

Well, I am waiting for next week or so to see what surprises the EB Transatlantic's offer us.

Hopefully they won't be too shocking.  I'm so ready to book one.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:07 AM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

A little disappointed with the locations but the spanish flair ones will be good. 

Looked at the iceberg website yest and had the two spanish flair ones as £856 pp for an inside room. At one point it said no Graturites required (like MSC & P&O) but now not showing that at the mo.  Will wait to see the released bookings around the 8th. 

Hello,

I'm struggling to summon-up even indifference to the posted itineraries. If you/I want a longer cruise then it will be a case of booking B2B cruises consequently making Southampton a major port of call on the holiday and I generally see quite enough of it on embarkation and disembarkation days. MSC puts on excursions on 'Southampton' days returning to the ship and not just acting as a feeder coach to the airports/coach station for departees.

Regards,

Cublet

25 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm struggling to summon-up even indifference to the posted itineraries. If you/I want a longer cruise then it will be a case of booking B2B cruises consequently making Southampton a major port of call on the holiday and I generally see quite enough of it on embarkation and disembarkation days. MSC puts on excursions on 'Southampton' days returning to the ship and not just acting as a feeder coach to the airports/coach station for departees.

Regards,

Cublet

I totally agree with you. Very easy to pop to northern Europe through the tunnel from the UK at a fraction of the price, rather than a drift across the channel. MSC are getting much more of our custom now as its so much cheaper including flying from the UK to the MED than southampton Royal prices, Graturites and a turn down in food and services onboard. 

• Like 1

Hello,

And another thing: If we want to create a longer cruise, too many itineraries are repeated either consecutively or in short order thus cutting down on variety.

I foresee changes to the itineraries as time goes on.

Regards,

Cublet

On 11/2/2023 at 8:07 AM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

A little disappointed with the locations but the spanish flair ones will be good. 

Looked at the iceberg website yest and had the two spanish flair ones as £856 pp for an inside room. At one point it said no Graturites required (like MSC & P&O) but now not showing that at the mo.  Will wait to see the released bookings around the 8th. 

The iceberg has the one with the overnight in Lisbon 24/5/25 at £629pp. 

We’re eagerly awaiting the release next week but I I feel we will be disappointed with the ports. Really hoping for an arctic circle cruise in July or August with a stop in Honnigsvag. Based on the Southampton itineraries I’m not holding out hope that there will be stops in Flam or Geringer from the cruises from Amsterdam/Rotterdam.

There is an MSC cruise that caught our eye that has ‘sailed’ to the top of out list!. 14 Night out of Hamburg that goes all the way to Svalbard! It has a 2300-0500 stop on Honnigsvag which seems odd. Also, no Flam or Geringer on this one (they have other sailings that go there) but lots of other port stops.

We’re going to wait until the itineraries for Royal to come out and if nothing we like then we will go with MSC. Never cruised them before but never opposed to branching out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikamarii said:

We’re eagerly awaiting the release next week but I I feel we will be disappointed with the ports. Really hoping for an arctic circle cruise in July or August with a stop in Honnigsvag. Based on the Southampton itineraries I’m not holding out hope that there will be stops in Flam or Geringer from the cruises from Amsterdam/Rotterdam.

There is an MSC cruise that caught our eye that has ‘sailed’ to the top of out list!. 14 Night out of Hamburg that goes all the way to Svalbard! It has a 2300-0500 stop on Honnigsvag which seems odd. Also, no Flam or Geringer on this one (they have other sailings that go there) but lots of other port stops.

We’re going to wait until the itineraries for Royal to come out and if nothing we like then we will go with MSC. Never cruised them before but never opposed to branching out. 

Yeah, we're holding out hope for RCI or X, but may have to consider other lines too.  That MSC one is intriguing for sure.

• Like 1

Something very interesting, Grandeur is no longer coming to Boston in 2024., Jewel is coming from Europe instead. Grandeur is staying in Tampa. With the reveal that Grandeur won't be doing the 2025 Alaska sailings, and now the change for Boston, can't help wondering if something is happening with the ship. Maybe both of these things are just a coincidence, but I think it's kind of odd. A bit disappointed that Grandeur won't be coming, would have been an easy way for me to try Royal's oldest and smallest ship. 

2 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

Something very interesting, Grandeur is no longer coming to Boston in 2024., Jewel is coming from Europe instead. Grandeur is staying in Tampa. With the reveal that Grandeur won't be doing the 2025 Alaska sailings, and now the change for Boston, can't help wondering if something is happening with the ship. Maybe both of these things are just a coincidence, but I think it's kind of odd. A bit disappointed that Grandeur won't be coming, would have been an easy way for me to try Royal's oldest and smallest ship. 

We where booked  on Jewel summer 24

Amsterdam to Barcelona 10 nights,  we had it cancelled in Thursday  ,

Her home port was going to be Israel after our cruise,  obviously it's  not going to happen atm with the situation out there..

Only problem with booking early,  things can change ..

• Like 1