Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

any ideas as to where I should look??? 

Other than individual port schedules and guessing in between, there's no itinerary anywhere that I'm aware. Even the port schedules are subject to change until RCI posts the official schedules.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

I still think Icon 2 could do a med season if she is out in time for 2025 summer?

I know it’s not Icon Class, but that’s what I thought would happen with Utopia and it’s ended up going straight to the US, despite having an early Summer delivery. Unless Icon 2 is delivered in March/April, I think the chances are slim. 

11 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

maybe Allure goes to Southampton along with Indy? IMHO that would blow all the other competition in Southampton out of the water. Could do a really great set of itineraries between the 3 ships. I know it’s wishful thinking but not impossible.

The only routes that I think Oasis Class would be capable of from Southampton is the ‘7 Night France & Spain’ itinerary and possibly a new Northern Europe route (e.g Rotterdam, Hamburg, etc.), but I’m not sure how popular that would be in the Summer. Despite not having a great itinerary, I think the ship would act as the destination for many and the ports would just be a ‘bonus’. Plus, if Allure doesn’t end up with a full amp, Royal could charge a slightly lower pppd cost to attract custom. This would definitely be some fierce competition for MSC and NCL. However, I still think it’s unlikely, at least until we have a Icon Class permanently doing a Summer season in the Med. The way it’s looking, we’ll be lucky to have one ship in 2026! 😅

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

8 hours ago, twangster said:

I haven't tracked other lines new builds in Europe like MSC or AIDA.  Do they charge outrageous new ship premiums for their new builds as well? 

The are slight new ship premiums with MSC, but nowhere near the ridiculous prices Royal charge, although you do have to keep in mind that there is much less ‘fun’ included in the cruise fare. Lots of activities are extra cost and complimentary eateries are limited. 

For example, we are doing a 7-day Christmas Markets Cruise from Southampton onboard MSC Euribia, their latest flagship which just launched last month. The total cost for 5 adults split across 2 unobstructed mid-ship balcony cabins was just under £2400, including gratuities and £50 onboard credit per room. I don’t know whether it’s just me, but I can’t see much of a premium on that! That would be the pp cost on Icon! 😅

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I know it’s not Icon Class, but that’s what I thought would happen with Utopia and it’s ended up going straight to the US, despite having an early Summer delivery. Unless Icon 2 is delivered in March/April, I think the chances are slim. 

The only routes that I think Oasis Class would be capable of from Southampton is the ‘7 Night France & Spain’ itinerary and possibly a new Northern Europe route (e.g Rotterdam, Hamburg, etc.), but I’m not sure how popular that would be in the Summer. Despite not having a great itinerary, I think the ship would act as the destination for many and the ports would just be a ‘bonus’. Plus, if Allure doesn’t end up with a full amp, Royal could charge a slightly lower pppd cost to attract custom. This would definitely be some fierce competition for MSC and NCL. However, I still think it’s unlikely, at least until we have a Icon Class permanently doing a Summer season in the Med. The way it’s looking, we’ll be lucky to have one ship in 2026! 😅

When would royal announce allure is being amp’d? I suspect she is because she’s going in between Feb and April. We are hoping to do the TA Europe to US. 

The only thing that would stop me booking Allure would be if icon 2 did the summer and then a TA over to America I have a serious FOMO. When would we expect announcement about the second ship IOS was available for booking more than 2 years out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Polition67 said:

When would royal announce allure is being amp’d? I suspect she is because she’s going in between Feb and April. We are hoping to do the TA Europe to US. 

I also believe she will have a full amp. Personally, I think they would announce the amplification alongside the Summer 2025 deployment release, around Nov/Dec time. It would be good for marketing and potentially help bookings, as many elements of the ship would be ‘new’ and might appeal to people who have already sailed her pre-amplification.

11 minutes ago, Polition67 said:

When would we expect announcement about the second ship IOS was available for booking more than 2 years out. 

I would like to say around October/November, just like Icon. This would also be close to the deployment release too. However, I can’t help but think that they might wait until Icon has launched in January, just so hype isn’t taken away from the first ship. Even if they wait till early next year, they still won’t have a problem selling it, that’s for sure! 

19 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Totally a guess on my part and I have not heard anything about it, but seeing all the money RCCL just sunk into a new terminal in Galveston and the fact that they just completed the President's Cruise out of there, I am assuming they want a major presence in Galveston and would continue to port an Oasis class ship there for 2025 (unless sales of the Harmony in 2024 and early 2025 go really poorly, which I doubt).

15 hours ago, huntnewt said:

I have thought the same and have wondered if Galveston would receive the second Icon class due to all of the attention that it has had lately.

15 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Galveston has the lowest per day prices in all the fleet - surprised Royal is wasting an Oasis class on these low prices!

On the President’s Cruise in the Q&A session, Michael Bayley was asked if they ever might have some sort of private island where cruises from Galveston could stop. In response, he gave a knowing smile and said “Very Interesting, what a great idea!” Of course that means something is in the works.

Later in the cruise we had Royal Day which was a port takeover party in Costa Maya. The scuttlebut is that Royal is working some sort of deal with Costa Maya to create a Labadee like facility. Watch this space. 

This could certainly make Galveston sailings more popular, especially for families and would help justify keeping larger ships sailing from there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eel said:

On the President’s Cruise in the Q&A session, Michael Bayley was asked if they ever might have some sort of private island where cruises from Galveston could stop. In response, he gave a knowing smile and said “Very Interesting, what a great idea!” Of course that means something is in the works.

I believe Royal have got some longer sailings from Galveston to the Bahamas and PDCC, so maybe this is a test to see what the demand is like before committing to a project?

It would be nice if Royal had a private destination somewhere in the Mediterranean, as it would add a relaxing day to an otherwise quite intense city/sightseeing itinerary and be especially great for Oasis/Icon Class.

3 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

It would be nice if Royal had a private destination somewhere in the Mediterranean, as it would add a relaxing day to an otherwise quite intense city/sightseeing itinerary and be especially great for Oasis/Icon Class.

Maybe they can buy Malta?? 😉

15 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Galveston has the lowest per day prices in all the fleet - surprised Royal is wasting a Oasis class on these low prices!

Agreed! I can't believe all the "pandering" to the Texas crowd by Carnival, Royal, etc!

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

The are slight new ship premiums with MSC, but nowhere near the ridiculous prices Royal charge, although you do have to keep in mind that there is much less ‘fun’ included in the cruise fare. Lots of activities are extra cost and complimentary eateries are limited. 

For example, we are doing a 7-day Christmas Markets Cruise from Southampton onboard MSC Euribia, their latest flagship which just launched last month. The total cost for 5 adults split across 2 unobstructed mid-ship balcony cabins was just under £2400, including gratuities and £50 onboard credit per room. I don’t know whether it’s just me, but I can’t see much of a premium on that! That would be the pp cost on Icon! 😅

£2400?  I think that's the gratuity charge on icon.  🙂 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I believe Royal have got some longer sailings from Galveston to the Bahamas and PDCC, so maybe this is a test to see what the demand is like before committing to a project?

great idea 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

That would be fantastic- I can't imagine they haven't looked at or are looking at the idea.

I do think given the hype and excitement around Icon that they could easily command premium pricing in the Med. 

Maybe I'm a bit silly bit I would pay it - my wife can't do long flights any longer and I would love to try Icon. I can't remember this type of buzz around the launch of a new ship on any line recently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

That would be fantastic- I can't imagine they haven't looked at or are looking at the idea.

I do think given the hype and excitement around Icon that they could easily command premium pricing in the Med. 

Maybe I'm a bit silly bit I would pay it - my wife can't do long flights any longer and I would love to try Icon. I can't remember this type of buzz around the launch of a new ship on any line recently. 

Agreed! Plus the fact that there isn’t as much competition in the med, in the sense that not every line operates the exact same itineraries calling at the same ports, like in the Caribbean. Icon Class would stand out for all of the right reasons, compared to other lines (e.g. MSC, NCL, Princess), and I think Royal could truly cash-in on those passengers this side of the pond and that’s something they definitely like to do! 🤑

1 minute ago, Polition67 said:

I am, take my money royal. No long haul flight!!! I can dream 😂

Me too lol

And I don't actually see Icon as just an amusement Park. That is certainly a large element of it , but when you look at the detail of the ship I think they have tried to create areas to suit everyone.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Me too lol

And I don't actually see Icon as just an amusement Park. That is certainly a large element of it , but when you look at the detail of the ship I think they have tried to create areas to suit everyone.

I just cancelled Serenade Panama Canal due to cost of flights. 

Edinburgh to Miami then Lax to Edinburgh. I would be cheaper jumping in a box and posting myself.

I've booked Jewel b2b Quebec to San Juan instead,

Total price is the same

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Galveston has the lowest per day prices in all the fleet - surprised Royal is wasting a Oasis class on these low prices!

I agree and disagree at the same time.   I booked Harmony for our March break week in 2025 because it was selling for only $800 Canadian per person that week from Galveston for an inside cabin.  So in this case, I fully agree that there are low prices to be had from Galveston.

I still had nothing booked for March 2024, so I looked at March 2024 from Galveston, since prices for our March break from Florida for March 2024 are astronomical.  The exact same cabin I booked on the Harmony for 2025 was over $2400 per person Canadian for the same week a year earlier.  So in this case, the prices RCCL are asking are insanely high.  By the way, we ended up booking March 2024 from Galveston anyway...but with Princess.  We were able to book inside cabins for under $700 Canadian per person (rather than the $2400 RCCL were asking for the exact same dates).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eel said:

Later in the cruise we had Royal Day which was a port takeover party in Costa Maya. The scuttlebut is that Royal is working some sort of deal with Costa Maya to create a Labadee like facility. Watch this space. 

This could certainly make Galveston sailings more popular, especially for families and would help justify keeping larger ships sailing from there.

Interesting.  Personally, we usually really enjoy Costa Maya, but I know a lot of people do not.  I know that NCL has a private island in Belize, so for RCCL to do such a thing in the Western Caribbean would not be surprising.

14 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Interesting.  Personally, we usually really enjoy Costa Maya, but I know a lot of people do not.  I know that NCL has a private island in Belize, so for RCCL to do such a thing in the Western Caribbean would not be surprising.

I enjoy the current version of Costa Maya.  If they had a poll, my vote would go for a private beach area at Roatan.  .  

2 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I enjoy the current version of Costa Maya.  If they had a poll, my vote would go for a private beach area at Roatan.  .  

I, too, enjoy Costa Maya as it is.  That said, I enjoy Roatan as it is as well.  I would rather one in Belize.

9 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not sure Europeans are that cruise crazy - to pay 🤑for a floating waterpark

9 hours ago, Polition67 said:

I am, take my money royal. No long haul flight!!! I can dream 😂

9 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Count me in! The flight would cost over £2000, so I might actually save! 🤑😂

9 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Me too lol

Hello,

I'm not - count me out.

Regards,

Cublet