Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

38 minutes ago, MarkedAngel said:

I'm sure this move was made to cater to the older royal or the kid free crowds that don't want an Oasis class or Icon ship with over 2k kids on it.

It would be great if Royal designated specific ships and/or itineraries as adult-only, like P&O does.

5 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

It would be great if Royal designated specific ships and/or itineraries as adult-only, like P&O does.

That would seem very unlikely. Their core demographic is families. They seem happy to leave the adult only market to other cruise lines. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, MarkedAngel said:

Oh I totally understand and that's why several times it was asked when royal planned to build a few new smaller ships with he answer hmm that sounds like a good idea so is something in the works possibly. But the Caribbean currently makes them a ton of their revenue and I'm sure this move was made to cater to the older royal or the kid free crowds that don't want an Oasis class or Icon ship with over 2k kids on it.

Enjoy and only been doing Radiance Class last 20yrs, 4-8 Cruises per yr and at most typically 10-20 Kids a Sailing. Doubt Royal will ever Build Ships this size again, will enjoy them until they are gone

• Like 5

Of eight total ships, I'm fine with them having ONE Radiance or Vision in Florida year round (ideally Tampa) to do Caribbean itineraries, but the rest should go on longer/more exciting ones from other parts of the world. Otherwise it's a waste of what those ships can do.

All of the East Coast Florida ports really should be for Icon/Oasis Class in summer, with perhaps one or two Freedom/Voyager Class which are left over.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

Of eight total ships, I'm fine with them having ONE Radiance or Vision in Florida year round (ideally Tampa) to do Caribbean itineraries, but the rest should go on longer/more exciting ones from other parts of the world. Otherwise it's a waste of what those ships can do.

All of the East Coast Florida ports really should be for Icon/Oasis Class in summer, with perhaps one or two Freedom/Voyager Class which are left over.

We would have loved an icon ship to do the European season in 2025 however it seems unlikely so we will just need to do a TA over and do icon before flying back hope 3 weeks isn’t too long 😩😂

26 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

That would seem very unlikely. Their core demographic is families. They seem happy to leave the adult only market to other cruise lines. 

Though when I started on Royal wasn't a Family Cruise Line. Cruising then was Called the Newlywed and Nearly Dead. Was on the then Brand New Largest and First Mega Cruise Ship, Sovereign of the Seas(considered tiny now). This on a Summer 4th of July Cruise and there was only 2 younger(18yrs old) onboard then Me/Wife(23yrs old)

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Though when I started on Royal it wasn't a Family Cruise. Cruising then use to be Called the Newlywed and Nearly Dead. Was on the then Brand New Largest and First Mega Cruise Ship, Sovereign of the Seas. This a Summer 4th of July Cruise and there was only 2 younger(18yrs old) onboard then Me/Wife(23yrs old)

We honeymooned on the Monarch of the Seas, one of the few at the time with balconies.  We had to upgrade to a junior suite and it was worth every cent.  🙂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anubi said:

We honeymooned on the Monarch of the Seas, one of the few at the time with balconies.  We had to upgrade to a junior suite and it was worth every cent.  🙂 

Agree, one Cruise and I was Hooked! Though had wait another Decade to afford a Balcony. At $3800 in 1988 for 7nite OV Cabin and us on US Army pay, had wait a bit for Luxury of a Balcony and a Suite

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though when I started on Royal wasn't a Family Cruise Line. Cruising then was Called the Newlywed and Nearly Dead. Was on the then Brand New Largest and First Mega Cruise Ship, Sovereign of the Seas(considered tiny now). This on a Summer 4th of July Cruise and there was only 2 younger(18yrs old) onboard then Me/Wife(23yrs old)

This is a crappy picture, but I took this from the airport transfer bus post cruise leaving Civitavecchia after a Western Mediterranean cruise in 2018

On the left is Symphony (ship we were on), which was the largest cruise ship in the world at that time, and right next to it, Sovereign (of the Seas), when it was owned by Pullmantur, which, as you pointed out, was the first "mega ship".

image.thumb.jpeg.5b46ad49b7e98575a4aa6d0f9295d75a.jpeg

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Key West, Florida - Port Bookings (Correct as of 07/08/23)

There are a few bookings currently scheduled for Jewel OTS in Key West, throughout the Summer 25 season. Port of origin for all bookings is marked as Port Everglades, suggesting this will be her likely homeport, with destinations set in the Bahamas.

10th May 2025 - Jewel OTS

26th August 2025 - Jewel OTS

7th October 2025 - Jewel OTS

Is there one site that you go to see these port bookings or is it just on each port's respective website?

4 hours ago, Anubi said:

We had our honeymoon on the Sun Viking. A porthole cabin, as I was still a student. It seemed big to us at the time (1983). I couldn’t have conceived of the future sizes ships would reach. Or that we’d start cruising again, later in life, and reach Pinnacle. 

• Like 3

On 7/14/2023 at 2:01 PM, Teeara said:

I'm thrilled to see Allure in dry dock in 2025, amplification or no amplification.  Can't wait for that WB TA in the fall.  

Me too!! Hopefully most of the ppl from the original sailing will come onboard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MarkedAngel said:

Oh I totally understand and that's why several times it was asked when royal planned to build a few new smaller ships with he answer hmm that sounds like a good idea so is something in the works possibly. But the Caribbean currently makes them a ton of their revenue and I'm sure this move was made to cater to the older royal or the kid free crowds that don't want an Oasis class or Icon ship with over 2k kids on it.

I read a news article a couple days ago, RC stating they are considering a new build of a smaller ship. I know they have/had plans for Grandeur upgrades, but maybe they are changing their mind. I did stress to Micheal Bailey(in person) that it is way past its prime and was not enjoyable last Feb cruise we did on it (as a wheelchair person).

Edited by Semi Retired
Spelling

"Fascinating to see these schedules fall into place. Any thoughts on which ship Royal might deploy to Boston in the fall of 2025? Possibly Brilliance, as it's sailing out of Amsterdam in early September? However, for 2023 and 2024, they are sending a ship from Tampa: Serenade this year and Grandeur the next."

On 7/15/2023 at 11:20 AM, Tree_skier said:

So this would mean that indy will do a Miami to Southampton TA.  Isn't that unusual? I thought it was always Cape Liberty to Southampton.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:46 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Nothing spedial - she did this many years before...only difference is : usuallay these TA's will not

stop in Europe - but will have 2-3 Caribbean islands before crossing and ending in SOU

or the same route on the return.

Yes i have done Southampton to FLL and love the stops in Caribbean on Indy.

• Like 2

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

I am strongly assuming you are European....as Americans don't want stops in the Caribbean but Europe instead!

I have done multiple TA’s in both directions on various itineraries. 

If you want to “see” Europe you don’t travel by cruise ship.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

So quiet here! No rumors or gossip for 2025-26 repos? Mama wants to book a CRUISE!

Someone on another thread said that a 'big internet' company has a bunch of 2025 fall cruises posted but I don't know which ccompany it is.  Maybe you will have better luck.  

Having never followed a deployment schedule before I don't know what to expect! Our big one will be Norwegian Fjords that we will book as soon as released. Should I be worried that none of the common fjord ports have any slots booked in for RCI ships? They do for other lines. 

I figure that if Honningsvag is showing a booking then it is guaranteed to have an Arctic Circle cruise for that year 🙂

16 minutes ago, Mikamarii said:

Having never followed a deployment schedule before I don't know what to expect! Our big one will be Norwegian Fjords that we will book as soon as released. Should I be worried that none of the common fjord ports have any slots booked in for RCI ships? They do for other lines. 

I figure that if Honningsvag is showing a booking then it is guaranteed to have an Arctic Circle cruise for that year 🙂

With the new UNESCO regulations going into place in the Fjords we are all very unsure of a royal will have that itinerary. NCL does on the Viva but that ship is LNG with shore power as are the MSC ones showing there.

2 minutes ago, MarkedAngel said:

With the new UNESCO regulations going into place in the Fjords we are all very unsure of a royal will have that itinerary. NCL does on the Viva but that ship is LNG with shore power as are the MSC ones showing there.

Celebrity Apex also has the LNG, that's the one we have our hopes pinned on.  But darned if it isn't the most expensive one out there.  😞