Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

16 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I know it’s not Icon Class, but that’s what I thought would happen with Utopia and it’s ended up going straight to the US, despite having an early Summer delivery. Unless Icon 2 is delivered in March/April, I think the chances are slim. 

The only routes that I think Oasis Class would be capable of from Southampton is the ‘7 Night France & Spain’ itinerary and possibly a new Northern Europe route (e.g Rotterdam, Hamburg, etc.), but I’m not sure how popular that would be in the Summer. Despite not having a great itinerary, I think the ship would act as the destination for many and the ports would just be a ‘bonus’. Plus, if Allure doesn’t end up with a full amp, Royal could charge a slightly lower pppd cost to attract custom. This would definitely be some fierce competition for MSC and NCL. However, I still think it’s unlikely, at least until we have a Icon Class permanently doing a Summer season in the Med. The way it’s looking, we’ll be lucky to have one ship in 2026! 😅

I agree with you. The oasis class ships are primarily destination ships. People go on them to experience that class of ship. I think that will be the same for icon. Full 1 week or less cruises mosty at sea, with the odd standard stop. 

That said an Oasis class ship out of southampton would be a big initial market for royal and people would be jumping to get on her, esp those who dont fly. However the price has to be right (royal always struggle with) esp now with current cost of living and competition from MSC and P&O in europe.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm not - count me out.

Regards,

Cublet

I agree, there are enough land based crowded waterparks people can go to. No interest at all to make this a selection criteria for a cruise!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

The are slight new ship premiums with MSC, but nowhere near the ridiculous prices Royal charge, although you do have to keep in mind that there is much less ‘fun’ included in the cruise fare. Lots of activities are extra cost and complimentary eateries are limited. 

For example, we are doing a 7-day Christmas Markets Cruise from Southampton onboard MSC Euribia, their latest flagship which just launched last month. The total cost for 5 adults split across 2 unobstructed mid-ship balcony cabins was just under £2400, including gratuities and £50 onboard credit per room. I don’t know whether it’s just me, but I can’t see much of a premium on that! That would be the pp cost on Icon! 😅

MSC just replaced Euribia with Preziosa for the 2024/25 season, trust they are all not able to fill this big ships year round in cold weather with boring itineraries. 

30 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

MSC just replaced Euribia with Preziosa for the 2024/25 season, trust they are all not able to fill this big ships year round in cold weather with boring itineraries. 

Let's face it Southampton is not the cruising hot spot it used to be. They rather homeport in the EU now to make it easier for tourists to get there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

I get the appeal for a cold weather Northern Europe cruise in Winter isn’t great, especially when there are no Christmas Markets on, but there still isn’t a new ship premium like Royal would charge. Preziosa is coming out a lot more expensive compared to Euribia, despite the ship being over 10 years old. 

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I get the appeal for a cold weather Northern Europe cruise in Winter isn’t great, especially when there are no Christmas Markets on, but there still isn’t a new ship premium like Royal would charge. Preziosa is coming out a lot more expensive compared to Euribia, despite the ship being over 10 years old. 

MSC always tries to get higher rates first, but e.g. last March I finally had a balcony cabin 7 nights on new Virtuosa for 620 Euro single occupancy. This can‘t be the prize range to be profitable on any ship. Ferries are more expensive. But indeed not a great cruise if outer decks are not usable and rain and cold in most ports plus missing Le Havre due to strike and very crowded inside. I do not believe that new and bigger ships are always better and deserve a premium. Why are the best rated ships like e.g. Europa 2 all 10-20 years old? I will always prefer Silhouette over Apex and Jewel over Icon.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Given the foul cold weather today… summer cruising from Southampton ain’t that great either!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Hello,

My April '24 Euribia is still showing as such, but without the drinks package.

Regards,

Cublet

25 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

My April '24 Euribia is still showing as such, but without the drinks package.

Regards,

Cublet

April 24 is 2023/24 season, she will not come back next winter season (2024/25) as originally planned.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Given the foul cold weather today… summer cruising from Southampton ain’t that great either!!!

Thats for sure,  just put our heater on in the living room to take the chill out of the air, in August!!!

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

There is one Royal ship booked into Norway for 2025, likely to be a placeholder for Brilliance from Amsterdam. There is hope! 🤞

Any sign of Royal in Geiranger?

MSC and NCL have published itineraries calling there during summer 2025, despite the restrictions.

On 7/14/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

St Maarten, Caribbean - Port Schedule (Correct as of 14/07/23)

A handful of ships booked throughout Summer 2025, which include: Wonder, Liberty, Icon, Rhapsody and Oasis, with both Jewel and Harmony appearing as we get towards autumn. However, I can’t help but wonder if Harmony could be a placeholder for ‘Icon 2’ similar to how it was for Icon OTS, as bookings start to appear around the time we expect her to debut. Although, would they really have Icon and Icon 2 sailing to the same ports in the Caribbean?

May 2025:

1st May - Vision OTS
1st May - Wonder OTS

5th May - Symphony OTS

5th May - Liberty OTS

6th May - Icon OTS

7th May - Oasis OTS

14th May - Wonder OTS

27th May - Rhapsody OTS

28th May - Wonder OTS

June 2025:

2nd June - Liberty OTS

3rd June - Icon OTS

4th June - Oasis OTS

11th June - Rhapsody OTS

12th June - Wonder OTS

18th June - Rhapsody OTS

25th June - Rhapsody OTS

26th June - Wonder OTS

30th June - Liberty OTS

July 2025:

3rd July - Oasis OTS

9th July - Rhapsody OTS

15th July - Icon OTS

16th July - Rhapsody OTS

23rd July - Rhapsody OTS

28th July - Liberty OTS

30th July - Oasis OTS

August 2025:

6th August - Rhapsody OTS

7th August - Harmony OTS

13th August - Rhapsody OTS

20th August - Rhapsody OTS

25th August - Liberty OTS

26th August - Icon OTS

27th August - Oasis OTS

28th August - Harmony OTS

September 2025:

3rd September - Rhapsody OTS

6th September - Jewel OTS

10th September - Rhapsody OTS

17th September - Rhapsody OTS

18th September - Harmony OTS

24th September - Oasis OTS

October 2025:

1st October - Rhapsody OTS

7th October - Icon OTS

8th October - Rhapsody OTS

9th October - Harmony OTS

15th October - Rhapsody OTS

22nd October - Oasis OTS

29th October - Rhapsody OTS

30th October - Harmony OTS

November 2025:

9th November - Odyssey OTS

This shows the Wonder of the Seas in August 2025 is not available.  Is that because it’s a charter or something else.  Also the RCL websites does not show booking availability for the summer.  Any idea when that segment will be released.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Squire5000 said:

This shows the Wonder of the Seas in August 2025 is not available.  Is that because it’s a charter or something else.  Also the RCL websites does not show booking availability for the summer.  Any idea when that segment will be released.

Thanks

These are port bookings that give an indication of where ships may be deployed. Royal won’t officially release the sailings until around November or December of this year.

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

These are port bookings that give an indication of where ships may be deployed. Royal won’t officially release the sailings until around November or December of this year.

Thank you for this info.  We plan on taking our daughter, son-in-law and the grandkids on a RCL cruise in August 2025

3 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

MSC and NCL have published itineraries calling there during summer 2025, despite the restrictions.

NCL has the Prima in Norway, she is LNG powered thus far the only LNG ships for Royal are Utopia and Icon so that is how they have them listed with the new restrictions, those ships offer shore power options.

8 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Ships with LNG and shore power connection like NCL Prima, Euribia and Mein Schiff 7 may still go in 2025, currently used Royal and Celebrity ships not.

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Ships with LNG and shore power connection like NCL Prima, Euribia and Mein Schiff 7 may still go in 2025, currently used Royal and Celebrity ships not.

The only LNG ships Royal has this far is Icon and Utopia and Oasis class was never truly meant to be LNG they made a last minute change for Utopia also why I think she went out on short day cruises her storage capacity isn't built like Icon that was meant to be LNG powered

19 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Let's face it Southampton is not the cruising hot spot it used to be. They rather homeport in the EU now to make it easier for tourists to get there....

For Royal I agree (same ships and repeated itineraries) and although we are UK based we rarely sail Royal out of Southampton.

The cruise passenger numbers for Southampton however are comparable or better than most European ports other than Barcelona. 

• Like 2

Key West, Florida - Port Bookings (Correct as of 07/08/23)

There are a few bookings currently scheduled for Jewel OTS in Key West, throughout the Summer 25 season. Port of origin for all bookings is marked as Port Everglades, suggesting this will be her likely homeport, with destinations set in the Bahamas.

10th May 2025 - Jewel OTS

26th August 2025 - Jewel OTS

7th October 2025 - Jewel OTS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Key West, Florida - Port Bookings (Correct as of 07/08/23)

There are a few bookings currently scheduled for Jewel OTS in Key West, throughout the Summer 25 season. Port of origin for all bookings is marked as Port Everglades, suggesting this will be her likely homeport, with destinations set in the Bahamas.

10th May 2025 - Jewel OTS

26th August 2025 - Jewel OTS

7th October 2025 - Jewel OTS

It is a real shame if they keep a ship like Jewel in the Caribbean for the summer. She is one of the few nicer and smaller ones that could do the better itineraries in Europe. Why are the big ones not enough for the Caribbean in summer?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It is a real shame if they keep a ship like Jewel in the Caribbean for the summer. She is one of the few nicer and smaller ones that could do the better itineraries in Europe. Why are the big ones not enough for the Caribbean in summer?

There is a hue and cry from a large mass of loyal to royal fans that said they want smaller ship options in the Caribbean in the summer months was all the talk on the last Presidents Cruise as the ships there get bigger and bigger and not everyone likes that vibe.

1 minute ago, MarkedAngel said:

There is a hue and cry from a large mass of loyal to royal fans that said they want smaller ship options in the Caribbean in the summer months was all the talk on the last Presidents Cruise as the ships there get bigger and bigger and not everyone likes that vibe.

Ok but there is nothing left for Europe and Royal is more and more just focusing on the Caribbean which is a shame for many other loyal cruisers. We already changed all future bookings to other lines because of this and have always booked Radiance Class before. 

13 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Ok but there is nothing left for Europe and Royal is more and more just focusing on the Caribbean which is a shame for many other loyal cruisers. We already changed all future bookings to other lines because of this and have always booked Radiance Class before. 

Oh I totally understand and that's why several times it was asked when royal planned to build a few new smaller ships with he answer hmm that sounds like a good idea so is something in the works possibly. But the Caribbean currently makes them a ton of their revenue and I'm sure this move was made to cater to the older royal or the kid free crowds that don't want an Oasis class or Icon ship with over 2k kids on it.