Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

6 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I’m booked full transit for 2024 at $3900 total for 2 people. I’m thinking of transferring to 2025. TIA

I can tell you we booked an extended balcony about 2 weeks after the 2024 PC opened for booking (it opened a lot earlier than we had expected) and we are paying about $4600 total for 2 people.  Might have gotten it for less had we booked it when it originally opened for booking.

• Thanks 1

On same PC sailing as @Teeara, April 8, 2024

We booked the day it was released, and booked a JS @ $4805 for 2 people ($2402.45 each)

At that time, Balcony was $1561/person. I just looked today and balcony's are listed at $3528/person. Part of that might be that suites are sold out.

Interior has only gone up $200 and ocean view $300 per person.

If I remember correctly, the day the Oct '23 one dropped, there was an oddity where a GS was actually cheaper than a JS and it was something like $1900/person. We wanted to jump on that so badly, but it just didn't fit with our schedule.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

Gibraltar, United Kingdom - Port Bookings (Correct as of 14/07/2023)

Only Independence currently booked into Gibraltar, suggesting a Southampton homeport, as expected.

9th July 2025 - Independence OTS

10th July 2025 - Independence OTS

17th July 2025 - Independence OTS

30th July 2025 - Independence OTS 

boring of the seas 

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

Gibraltar, United Kingdom - Port Bookings (Correct as of 14/07/2023)

Only Independence currently booked into Gibraltar, suggesting a Southampton homeport, as expected.

9th July 2025 - Independence OTS

10th July 2025 - Independence OTS

17th July 2025 - Independence OTS

30th July 2025 - Independence OTS 

Why was this expected?  Is Independence due a dry dock?

Never been on Anthem but I can’t seem to get excited about the layout and cabins.

11 minutes ago, Nettee said:

Why was this expected?  Is Independence due a dry dock?

It was expected based on other port bookings that have been showing up recently. I don’t believe she is actually due a dry dock, as her last was early this year.

Originally, all port bookings for Southampton cruises pointed to Odyssey being home-ported, but these have since changed to Indy. 😔

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

18 minutes ago, Nettee said:

Never been on Anthem but I can’t seem to get excited about the layout and cabins.

I have to say, Quantum Class is actually my favourite out the fleet, but I think I am in the minority. I love the modern design of the ship and two70 is one of my favourite venues, it’s perfect to relax and unwind. Also, they are perfect for cold weather cruises, such as Norway, so you don’t have to compromise on the fun if the weather isn’t the best. 

Many brits have a special place in their heart for Indy, but I really just don’t see what’s so special. There will be people who are thrilled by her return, but in my opinion the majority will think that this is a major step backwards from Royal. Compared to QC, the whole ship looks aged (especially cabins) and lacks the tech and thrills of the newer ships. This will definitely entice more people into med fly-cruises, but is disappointing for guests who sail ex-UK, especially when other lines are improving their Southampton hardware.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I have to say, Quantum Class is actually my favourite out the fleet, but I think I am in the minority. I love the modern design of the ship and two70 is one of my favourite venues, it’s perfect to relax and unwind. Also, they are perfect for cold weather cruises, such as Norway, so you don’t have to compromise on the fun if the weather isn’t the best. 

Many brits have a special place in their heart for Indy, but I really just don’t see what’s so special. There will be people who are thrilled by her return, but in my opinion the majority will think that this is a major step backwards from Royal. Compared to QC, the whole ship looks aged (especially cabins) and lacks the tech and thrills of the newer ships. This will definitely entice more people into med fly-cruises, but is disappointing for guests who sail ex-UK, especially when other lines are improving their Southampton hardware.

Agreed, we did Indy in February. Had a fab time however I probably wouldn’t go on that ship again seemed a bit ‘old’ especially the cabins. The ship did feel aged and a bit rough around the edges. 

• Like 2

It seems strange with the shows being fixed on each ship that they don’t rotate them more each year. Why doesn’t Southampton have Freedom or Liberty instead for example?  Or Odyssey as it sounds like was planned   Maybe it’s the tea making facilities all set up already for us brits. That would be too expensive to move around? 😉

• Like 2

I also think us "brits" want something different. We have one choice from Southampton of a Royal ship and it's been doing the same itinerary for years. Its stagnant and very boring. Yes people have fond memories like myself of Indy and i cant wait to have her back at Southampton. 

I personally have never understood the people who go on many cruises a year on same ship around same locations. Where is the excitement in that?

We as a family like to try new things, ships, destinations, food, meeting new people. Its much more fun and exciting. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I also think us "brits" want something different. We have one choice from Southampton of a Royal ship and it's been doing the same itinerary for years. Its stagnant and very boring. Yes people have fond memories like myself of Indy and i cant wait to have her back at Southampton. 

I personally have never understood the people who go on many cruises a year on same ship around same locations. Where is the excitement in that?

We as a family like to try new things, ships, destinations, food, meeting new people. Its much more fun and exciting. 

Agreed! I don’t see why it’s so difficult to give us a different ship, even if it is a freedom class, but just don’t make it Indy. I think we all would like to see something different! 

25 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

And Indie will be doing the same ports and itineraries she did every summer season between 2008 and 2019….and you’ll be able to watch Grease (again).  I’m struggling to see what is “new” about any of that? 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

It feels like there is a misunderstanding between higher ups at Royal and the Southampton market. Many cruisers in the area do have fond memories of Indy, it did great for just over a decade in the area, arguably got many into cruising as it was one of the first real mega ships in the UK.

But can she compete as the sole ship in the market in 2025 when other cruise lines have stepped up their offerings? I just feel like the landscape is very different now to the early-mid 2010s.

I still think it's a market best served by 2 ships - which it had been from 2005-2019 (there were even 3 in 2013, 14 & 15). Why things seem to have fallen apart between Royal and the UK over the past 5 years is the question I'd want to know the answer to, especially when it's obvious that there is still plenty of interest in cruises from the UK. Even before the pandemic - they handled the 2020 Indy cancellations back in May 2019 absolutely appallingly.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

It feels like there is a misunderstanding between higher ups at Royal and the Southampton market. Many cruisers in the area do have fond memories of Indy, it did great for just over a decade in the area, arguably got many into cruising as it was one of the first real mega ships in the UK.

But can she compete as the sole ship in the market in 2025 when other cruise lines have stepped up their offerings? I just feel like the landscape is very different now to the early-mid 2010s.

I still think it's a market best served by 2 ships - which it had been from 2005-2019 (there were even 3 in 2013, 14 & 15). Why things seem to have fallen apart between Royal and the UK over the past 5 years is the question I'd want to know the answer to, especially when it's obvious that there is still plenty of interest in cruises from the UK. Even before the pandemic - they handled the 2020 Indy cancellations back in May 2019 absolutely appallingly.

I don’t get how Celebrity can have the view that the UK is the best performing market outside of the US and keep bringing new ships either to launch briefly or homeport in Southampton, but Royal are downgrading their offering! It is the same leaders and directors at the end of the day, who you would think have the same visions for each company and market, but obviously not. 

I would really like a word with those who have the final say on deployment, just to see exactly what they’re thinking, as I can’t quite get my head around it all. 🤔

I don’t want to turn this into a #wehateindy thread, but it is frustrating. 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

And Indie will be doing the same ports and itineraries she did every summer season between 2008 and 2019….and you’ll be able to watch Grease (again).  I’m struggling to see what is “new” about any of that? 

Ah you miss the point. Alot of people may possibly not have been on Indy and will try it. Maybe i should have put that people like to see a change. Different ships each year. Keep it fresh. Or more choice in what is becoming a competitive market from Southampton. Alot of Royals faithful will go back to Indy, then the following year will want a different ship. Very poor of royal to keep peddling the same entertainment sadly. 

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

It has been reported in the Press that Amsterdam has decided to close a cruise ship terminal in an attempt to limit tourism.

Wonder this development will factor into future deployment plans?

image.png.e2565e62961af2229df1f1e816780d0a.png

Wonder why they don't take the same attitude to the many planes flying in and out.

• Like 1

The problem is Indi will be what - 18 years old or so when it comes over and MSC have ships just a few years old as do others, given RC like to charge a premium and MSC is at the moment going low ball it will be interesting to see how well the ship does.

I sailed Indi from PC and it's very dated- but it was ok in a warm climate, a cold sail from UK, there's not much to do on the ship, even the solarium is outdoor.

I just think people will look and think there are better offerings about, they are playing right into MSC hands.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Hello,

At least the rust will be newer than it was last time.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gavvy said:

I sailed Indi from PC and it's very dated- but it was ok in a warm climate, a cold sail from UK, there's not much to do on the ship, even the solarium is outdoor.

We in Bayonne are losing Anthem for the winter sails and replaced by Odyssey which does not have an indoor pool.  Don't understand the logic.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

We in Bayonne are losing Anthem for the winter sails and replaced by Odyssey which does not have an indoor pool.  Don't understand the logic.

You’re right, it just doesn’t make sense. I suppose at least it’s a newer Quantum Class, rather than a Freedom Class. There would be even less to do in the cold then! 

7 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We as a family like to try new things, ships, destinations, food, meeting new people. It’s much more fun and exciting. 

Is there any variation globally? Granted , ships may move and therefore provide different shows but the ports appear to be locked in world wide. The only way I see it changing is if people stop paying for the same old same old.