Le Voyage restaurant on Beyond, worth it?

frenchmeg

1 minute ago, Tyler414 said:

Best meal/service we had on Beyond. I have it booked twice on my next Beyond cruise. 

did you do the pairing with the wine? I just booked it but now wondering since we have a drink package..

3 minutes ago, frenchmeg said:

did you do the pairing with the wine? I just booked it but now wondering since we have a drink package..

Did not do the wine pairing, however I did have the drink pkg and had a couple glasses of Decoy Merlot. 

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8

Great restaurant on Beyond. Can't go wrong. We do a tasting menu and a la carte with one of their great bottles of champagne each time. Very special evenings.

For an upcoming 11-night cruise, we have Le Voyage booked three nights, then Eden for three nights (I believe 2nd best restaurant), Raw on 5 for three nights (IMO, 3rd best restaurant as their seafood tower plus a few sides that my S.O. and I like make for a great, slow dining event), then LPC booked for two nights (not so much for the show, but my S.O. loves the food).

We tried Fine Cut once on prior cruise. Not to our liking, when compared to steakhouses in Dallas, San Francisco, or Chicago.

Though we are in the Retreat and our stateroom includes the unlimited dining, we feel the specialties are much better than Luminae.

Good luck.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We didn’t do the pairing because we had the premium drink package.  The sommelier recommended wines to go with each course and they were all the excellent.

We have same premium package, so perhaps I wont do the pairing 

• Like 1

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Beyond in February 2023 and greatly enjoyed my dinner at Le Voyage. This is a small and attractive venue with outstanding food and service. In fact, I have booked dinner at Le Voyage for my cruise on the Celebrity Ascent for February 2024. I also really like Eden.

Chuck

I ate in Eden on night 1 and 3 on my Beyond cruise in January. I also ate at Le Voyage on night 5. I enjoyed the food and service much more in Eden. I enjoyed Eden so much I ended up booking Eden for night 7 as well.

I wasn't feeling the greatest the night I went to Le Voyage so that my have clouded my opinion of it. It's worth a try at least once if the menu looks appealing to you.  The service is very formal in Le Voyage, much more so than in Eden. The food was good but Eden just matched my palate much better.

35 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I ate in Eden on night 1 and 3 on my Beyond cruise in January. I also ate at Le Voyage on night 5. I enjoyed the food and service much more in Eden. I enjoyed Eden so much I ended up booking Eden for night 7 as well.

I wasn't feeling the greatest the night I went to Le Voyage so that my have clouded my opinion of it. It's worth a try at least once if the menu looks appealing to you.  The service is very formal in Le Voyage, much more so than in Eden. The food was good but Eden just matched my palate much better.

I was so excited to try Le Voyage.  It was good not great.  My husband and I couldn’t decide if we wanted to do the tasting menu.  So we did regular.  Food was ok.  Not super good.  No windows and no view.  Rather dark.  Eden was nice.  We sat and saw the wake at the back of the ship.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was so excited to try Le Voyage.  It was good not great.  My husband and I couldn’t decide if we wanted to do the tasting menu.  So we did regular.  Food was ok.  Not super good.  No windows and no view.  Rather dark.  Eden was nice.  We sat and saw the wake at the back of the ship.

I have an upcoming Transatlantic cruise on Ascent. I've already booked Eden for five nights, Le Voyage no nights so my $$ show where I think I'll enjoy the food most.  I hope the new ship meets or exceeds the high standards I received in Beyond.

I agree that Le Voyage felt cave-like with no windows or views and dim lighting.

• Like 1

We did a B3B on Beyond in February and went to Le Voyage 5 times……We loved it and gave it a slight edge, food and service wise, over Eden. (Eden does have a spectacular view) Food and service was great and it is a very intimate dining experience in a very small venue, that they only half full at a time because kitchen is small we were told. 

• Like 1

thks everybody! I booked it! Took the tasting with wine pairing but wonder if that was a mistake since we hav the premium package, or is the selection of wines are really nice and worth it, if anybody knows..

22 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

thks everybody! I booked it! Took the tasting with wine pairing but wonder if that was a mistake since we hav the premium package, or is the selection of wines are really nice and worth it, if anybody knows..

I did the wine pairing.  They went through the list and said, "we have this wine but not this other wine, so we'll substitute".  I think out of 7 courses (?) they substituted 3-4 wines. 

I thought the food and wine was good.  I wish the ambience was better.  On Beyond you're in a large windowless rather dark room.

I'm sailing on Beyond in August and can't see where to make reservations for Le Voyage on the app. Does this mean it is sold out? As a retreat guest, should I be able to make a reservation via the concierge upon boarding or are we screwed and need to stalk the app looking for cancellations?

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, Dollysmom123 said:

I'm sailing on Beyond in August and can't see where to make reservations for Le Voyage on the app. Does this mean it is sold out? As a retreat guest, should I be able to make a reservation via the concierge upon boarding or are we screwed and need to stalk the app looking for cancellations?

I am likewise in the Retreat on the Beyond in August and the shoreside team reached out to me for all requests, dining among them.

The shoreside team has been quite responsive. 

I should think as a Retreat guest that you would receive communication, as well. Perhaps verify that your email/telephone number details are accurate?

This forum has a good amount of experience with Celebrity. You are likely to hear other helpful responses.

Peace to you.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

7 hours ago, Dollysmom123 said:

I would call the Retreat desk before, which I think is 1-877-RETREAT or talk to your butler on boarding the ship.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:54 PM, zitsky said:

Agree, for me Le Voyage was a one and done.

I also preferred the ambiance in Eden and Fine Cut. 

Patty 

• Like 1