392 days until cruise but I already bought..

11 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

So envious of you!!  Two things in my life that I'd love to change.  Sewing beautiful clothing and watercolour.  Both of them are incredibly satisfying, and both require patience, focus and perseverance.  And a great deal of practice.  I seem to lack those attributes when it comes to sewing and painting.  I hope in my next life I'll be able to do both well.  I looked up Design Your Wardrobe and it looks fascinating ... thank you!

I am a Deep Autumn so the traditional cruise wear is not my palette. I finally figured out that “safari wear” was more my vacation style and started a Pinterest board for inspiration. It will be for my TA in December but I’ll need to tweak it for my Caribbean cruise in 2025. The Caribbean is not my ideal destination but it’s a family trip.

• Like 3

I now buy only on as on needed basis or “that is just too cute to pass up”

I am an end of season shopper.  Mid to late August is a great time to pick up a deal on summer clothing.  I just bought a new swimsuit for February. 

ISO - new cashmere or silk base layers of cold weather cruising 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I now buy only on as on needed basis or “that is just too cute to pass up”

I am an end of season shopper.  Mid to late August is a great time to pick up a deal on summer clothing.  I just bought a new swimsuit for February. 

ISO - new cashmere or silk base layers of cold weather cruising 

Agreed!

I just brought two cashmere sweaters out of the cedar chest, in anticipation of my September C/NE cruise.  And my silk turtlenecks were perfect under sweaters on our AK cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

I love end of season sales. I also like Marshall's & thrift shops. I've got 3 weeks off before I go back to work for the regular school year. I want to go to a couple of nicer thrift stores to look for a gown. 

I have shopped thrift shops around the world.  I just can’t seem to pass one by without stopping in. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Allegedly I have a comprehensive vacation/cruise wardrobe !!!

The only thing i usually buy pre cruise is new underwear! briefs come in small cute packs of 7 making them easy to pack and a couple new boulder holders (bras) in white and nude usually suffice. 

Everyday clothing I do buy and sell clothes on the Vinted platform in the UK, some lovely things for £10($8) and under,  often new with tags or in immaculate condition.

Edited by 2BACRUISER
typo
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:35 AM, toxicfairy said:

I love end of season sales. I also like Marshall's & thrift shops. I've got 3 weeks off before I go back to work for the regular school year. I want to go to a couple of nicer thrift stores to look for a gown. 

I have friends who can go into Marshall's with a $20 dollar bill and come out with two outfits, a jacket, a kitchen gadget and three Christmas gifts.  Me?  I can never find anything at Marshall's; I think I lack the Marshall's gene.  

Thrift stores though -- that's my place!  Ebay too; I stick to a couple name brands whose sizing I know will work for me.  I also like the ecological aspect of buying used.  

On 8/15/2023 at 6:01 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

and a couple new boulder holders (bras) in white and nude usually suffice. 

Bras are the bane of my existence.  I'm a difficult fit and really only like one name-brand, and my size is always sold out.  

• Like 1