Have they been using the large display screen in the pool area recently?

WanderingBrit

I've seen it referred to once or twice in older YouTube ship tours, but it wasn't used at all when we were last aboard Viking Orion in 2021. Curious if any recent cruises have seen it in use, and if so for what?

Kevin

4 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

It was used for a movie on the cruise we are finishing now on the Saturn, plus at a Dancing under the Midnight Sun while docked in Svalbard (Saturn).

Linda - we also had a Movie Night plus a Dancing under the Stars on our June Iceland Saturn cruise.  They showed Walter Mitty since a lot of it was filmed on location in Iceland  (Seydisfjordur and Akureyri I believe).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

They had an NFL playoff game party on our January cruise on the Sky.

I'm curious how far into the NFL playoffs that was. Like the final AFC or NFC ones, or the weekend before that? In other words, do you recall what date that was? We're only on our winter cruise until January 3rd, 2024, but I sure would love to see my Buffalo Bills this year if they get that far! 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

I'm curious how far into the NFL playoffs that was. Like the final AFC or NFC ones, or the weekend before that? In other words, do you recall what date that was? We're only on our winter cruise until January 3rd, 2024, but I sure would love to see my Buffalo Bills this year if they get that far! 🙂

The Pool Party was for the Sunday Wild Card game on 1/22/23. Both Saturday and Sunday games were on TV in your stateroom.

We met one of our guest lectures on an early tour on Sunday morning and he had been up all night to watch the Giants vs Eagles game. IMG_4324.thumb.jpeg.42321e694072ee2a747a639ffc27a871.jpeg

IMG_4325.thumb.jpeg.024ed0589cc213f8b11ce0901d393463.jpeg

IMG_4326.thumb.jpeg.d7bac5426b5574da916245d4c4540491.jpeg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

Maria - you'll be back in SCarolina before the playoff begin and you can watch Josh Allen do his thing (we also enjoy the Bills)

• 2024 NFL Playoffs begin: Saturday, Jan 13, 2024
  • 2024 Divisional Round: Saturday, Jan 20, 2024
  • 2024 Conference championship game: Sunday, Jan 28, 2024
  • 2024 Super Bowl: Sunday, Feb 11, 2024
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

night movies (but we were sailing land of midnight sun so it  only kinda sorta had the mood)

dancing under the stars .... as above midnight sun kinda got in the way

and they had a camera set up so you could watch the Blue Nose folks take their polar dip . . .

image.thumb.png.529b2a66dbe8d954dc2f7cc2c6731131.png

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1