Name/Luggage Tags

20 hours ago, shaycamp21 said:

We live in Canada and lately my Amazon orders have been unreliable-- things I have purchased with one day shipping on Prime Day still have yet to arrive. I have a laminator and film so figured if it's allowed I'd just laminate them.

My travel agent gave me plastic holders for them.

22 hours ago, shaycamp21 said:

Is it ok to laminate the luggage lags? 

Yes laminating is fine but I use the aforementioned amazon luggage tag holders.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:45 AM, Lady Hudson said:

Someone posted a bit ago that there is a way to input name on luggage tags before printing. Think I can remember where I saw that?  No.  Anyone here who can help me out — either pointing me to the right post or give directions for printing name?  Thank you.

I use the MS word that was mentioned above.  It is simple and I like the look better than my ridiculously poor printing.  

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I've used photoshop.  I've used an app from here (can't remember if it was the one posted or not). 

I also print in color.  

Neither name nor color, nor even printed luggage tags are necessary.  As people have mentioned, you can have the porters put on handwritten tags. BUT, why crap on someone for what they do?  If they want to print out the tags in color, with their names, in special bedazzled holders, and put five on each bag, let them. 

Indeed.   There is no wrong or right way...just your own way.   Though IMHO, I am not a fan of the writing skills of the porters, and being retired....I have plenty of time to do my own tags in advance.  It is actually kind of "oh wow...we are getting ready to go!" part of the process for us.  

Being all alike and doing the same thing would be like having only one choice of Ice Cream at Baskin Robbins.  😉 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soremekun said:

So writing my name as "Guest of Captain" doesn't make my luggage arrive faster to my stateroom?

I am not sure that would be a good idea if you had been boarding the Costa Concordia.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1