Are These Drinks Under $11?

yogimax

We have the Signature Beverage Package for an upcoming cruise and was wondering if my favorite cocktails are $11 or less.

... Rum Runner

... Mudslide

... Old Fashioned

... Manhattan on the Rocks

... Long Island (or Boston) Iced Tea

... Pina Colada

Yes, I know if a drink is over $11 you only pay the difference but I like to avoid the hassle.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We have the Signature Beverage Package for an upcoming cruise and was wondering if my favorite cocktails are $11 or less.

... Rum Runner

... Mudslide

... Old Fashioned

... Manhattan on the Rocks

... Long Island (or Boston) Iced Tea

... Pina Colada

Yes, I know if a drink is over $11 you only pay the difference but I like to avoid the hassle.

Thanks in advance.

This may be helpful:  Beverage Pakages Rules

• Like 2

Crew News - Thank you for posting this.  I know it's been covered before but I appreciate seeing what will be available to us in January.  I think we should assume that not all alcohols listed will be on every ship?  Cherie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cccole said:

Crew News - Thank you for posting this.  I know it's been covered before but I appreciate seeing what will be available to us in January.  I think we should assume that not all alcohols listed will be on every ship?  Cherie

There are always supply issues but you can count on 99% of those on the attached brochure.  There are also many items not included on this list but available upon request.  One is Louis XIII brandy for about $190/shot.

They certainly can be out of specific brands, but they often have some that aren’t even ON that list posted (Grey Goose and Belvedere and Wofford Reserve come to mind- which all were included under$11 in 2022, and I suspect still are for singles) 

In fact, the grapefruit cosmo listed here is under $11 and has grey goose. https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Billboard-onboard.pdf

bottom line, all of those drinks you asked about should be covered, assuming you don’t ask for a double or the addition of some extra-premium liquor. 

the bartenders (more so than the servers, but often even them too) are good about keeping you under the limit if you say you have the regular drink package.  
oftentimes they would charge me twice, for instance if I wanted a double woodford reserve in something. And produce just one glass as I ordered 😉

Thanks to both of you.  Seems like we should have no problems!!!!  I hope OP also has also been helped. 

Crew News - $190/shot - $11..... I think I will stick to a Bailey's or Single Malt after dinner.  

Cherie

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, cccole said:

Thanks to both of you.  Seems like we should have no problems!!!!  I hope OP also has also been helped. 

Yes, thank you all for the prompt responses.

We found almost no drink menus in any HAL bar or lounge on our last two cruises, 39 and 14 days. So, how much is any specific drink?  You have to ask a waiter and that is  one more reason we do not buy HIA or the Signature Bev packages. 

9 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

We found almost no drink menus in any HAL bar or lounge on our last two cruises, 39 and 14 days. So, how much is any specific drink?  You have to ask a waiter and that is  one more reason we do not buy HIA or the Signature Bev packages. 

I always ask.  I can’t remember a time I’ve paid anything extra but they are making money on me for sure.  I used to but wine packages where I have a 50 percent discount but I really find I prefer a cocktail.  It’s kinda nice to try new things.  My boss suggested a limoncello Moscow mule.  It was 🤮.  I’m glad I didn’t have to “pay” for that puppy.

16 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

assuming you don’t ask for a double or the addition of some extra-premium liquor. 

the bartenders (more so than the servers, but often even them too) are good about keeping you under the limit if you say you have the regular drink package.  
oftentimes they would charge me twice, for instance if I wanted a double woodford reserve in something. And produce just one glass as I ordered 😉

I was wondering about ordering a double bourbon on the rocks.  I am hoping that they just knock 2 off of my 15 count.  

• Like 1

That is what I was trying to say they do.  I realize now I didn’t write it very clearly 😕

Suppose it can’t hurt to just make that clear when ordering, by saying “I have the drink package, can you charge me for two singles “

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fsufancc said:

I was wondering about ordering a double bourbon on the rocks.  I am hoping that they just knock 2 off of my 15 count.  

That's my husband's drink of choice (minus the ice, so neat), so I can reassure you that they will usually charge that as 2 drinks. 

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

What about the Long Island Iced Tea which includes four different liquors?

Yes, but they won’t be premium brand name ingredients, rather house/well spirits. 

see the list on drinks on the bottom of this page, CrewNews posted:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Beverage-Package-Contents.pdf

This is an intriguing topic.  May i jump in, and ask...  If i were to order a cranberry juice with Disaranno --- what would the cost be?

(For clarification, yes, the juice and that specific liquor in a single glass.)

Some bars (on the mainland) have a lesser quality of amaretto.  And, that is why i wanted to be a bit wordy!

Thank you kindly in advance.

---MisterMatthew

On 7/18/2023 at 4:10 PM, yogimax said:

Is that correct?  We seldom get the beverage package, but I thought I remember last time we did, that I was billed full price for a drink that was just over the limit.  This was pre-covid, and I think the limit then was $9 per drink.  But of course, I could be totally mis-remembering it too.

12 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Is that correct?  We seldom get the beverage package, but I thought I remember last time we did, that I was billed full price for a drink that was just over the limit.  This was pre-covid, and I think the limit then was $9 per drink.  But of course, I could be totally mis-remembering it too.

Yes it is correct.  It's been the situation for about 6 months or maybe slightly more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fsufancc said:

I may have ordered a double Maker's Mark or two over the years. You can generally use 2 drinks to order it double.

Take the time to figure out which bartenders have the best pours as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1