Passengers argument with staff in theter

antsp

48 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Well, if it's DuVaul, he has his joke of the day!

Don't think we have had him yet - at least in his current role - and I often hear the CD tell a joke when they first appear to introduce the act of the night.  Sometimes, we have to hustle to Explorers for the next event!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't think we have had him yet - at least in his current role - and I often hear the CD tell a joke when they first appear to introduce the act of the night.  Sometimes, we have to hustle to Explorers for the next event!

He's been on the Discovery for over a year and only two short vacations. So much energy and a fun CD.  I think we've been onboard with him 6 or 7 cruises. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

He's been on the Discovery for over a year and only two short vacations. So much energy and a fun CD.  I think we've been onboard with him 6 or 7 cruises. 

I have seen him in videos and aware of his excellent reputation among guests.

• Like 2

I remember being in the first club class sailing.  People were walking into Sabatinis breakfast and telling crew they WERE going to be seated because they were elite. 

Same thing happened multiple times in dinner seating.  

Then the absolute chaos with disimbarkment breakfast in the MDR.  And there we were, trying to enjoy something we'd paid dearly for.  Dirty looks, rude comments and forceful behavior.  

I've had people try to barge their way into business and first class on flights.  People are going to do what they do.

On 7/19/2023 at 2:13 PM, ldtr said:

Usually bottom section on left, just below upper section. Usually part of 3 or 4 rows. A couple of time have seen it split with part in bottom of upper section or in middle.

If we get there early enough, may we sit in the front row? (My husband takes pictures, no flash, of course.) Are those seats reserved?

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

If we get there early enough, may we sit in the front row? (My husband takes pictures, no flash, of course.) Are those seats reserved?

I've never seen them reserved. 

4 hours ago, Carol28 said:

From what I have seen and shown in the picture I posted the reserved seats do not include the first row.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, SargassoPirate said:

It's easy.  Just drape a pool towel over the seat and you're all set.  The staff will treat them just like they do reserved loungers on the Melanoma Deck. 

I was just going to suggest the same solution!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Not to many people like those front row seats and you can usually get there at the last moment & still get two. 

They give me a pain in the neck looking up.