Are you allowed to bring a portable tent to Ocean Cay?

EllieinNJ

Why not? A truly great idea. Everyone dresses as if they are going on a camping trip anyway so why 'round out' the camping adventure with a tent. If one can pack it, it can go. Tents are not on the prohibited list. Years ago traveling in steerage on cruise ships and fighting over deck chairs we brought our own collapsible beach deck chairs until we moved up to suite class.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just got off the MSC Meraviglia on Sunday.  I saw at least one tent on the beach; I commented to the guy that this was a great idea!

The tent appeared to be a three-sided tent designed as a beach shelter rather than a full-size sleeping tent.  I think anything larger than a 2-person tent would raise eyebrows.

-Jim

It’s a great idea especially because there’s not a lot of shade on the beaches. I’m picturing a pop up beach tent as opposed to one you might use for camping. 

Btw, we plan to bring our own floating chair slings to sit in the water. They are easily inflated and take up very little packing space. 

1 minute ago, rikitikitavii said:

Now to figure out how to get the Weber in the suitcase!!

Put everything in zip locks inside the "Weber" and get luggage straps. Luggage tags and luggage locks on the outside, slap some travel bumper-type stickers on the outside and you are good to go.

• Like 1

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

Put everything in zip locks inside the "Weber" and get luggage straps. Luggage tags and luggage locks on the outside, slap some travel bumper-type stickers on the outside and you are good to go.

I’ll let my wife carry the charcoal!

This is the tent we use.  The one picture is us in Klein Bonaire.  We were there for 6 hours comfortably because of the tent plus our collapsible cooler.  Only 3 lbs.  As you can see by the Gorich bag, it's pretty small to carry.

20230224_113048.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_052825.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_052747.jpg

• Like 2