upgrading on board

greener

59 minutes ago, greener said:

if you pay to upgrade on board do you maintain your previous obc?

I would think so.  No reason not to.  That said, don't expect it much with ships selling out a lot these days.  You are just paying for a better cabin and nothing else changes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

Are people still able to get upgrades on board?  I understood it when the ships were sailing half full but now it seems like they're mostly sailing full or close to it.

Currently on the Emerald, we heard a couple asking for available upgrades shortly after boarding.  They were told that none were available. 

As previously mentioned, as ships are now sailing at full capacity an onboard upgrade is going to be very rare.

• Like 1

We asked for an upgrade on our July 2023 Ruby cruise (the one that was delayed).  We saw that a number folks had gotten off the ship so sent a request in via CrewChat.  Got a letter under our door telling us to go to Guest Services.  We were quoted that to upgrade from our ocean view to an aft balcony would be an extra $30 a day for the rest of the cruise (total cost was $210).  We took the upgrade—had on board credit that covered the cost.

Our steward assisted us in the move—we emptied our drawers into suitcases, the rest of our belongings were moved by him.

I recognize that we were able to move because of the unusual circumstances of the cruise, but we had friends who upgraded on board on our southbound Majestic cruise this past June.

My advice to the OP is to ask.

Edited by disneyochem
  • Like 1

I always go to guest services when we get on board to make sure that the correct credit card is being used - most of the people who are asking to make an upgrade are told that they is a waiting list, so I don't bother.  I don't want to unpack and then pack up again.  We normally get a balcony, would prefer to have a mini suite, so we bid on that before the cruise - have had our bids accepted twice.