Discovery Princess Rooms (adjoining or suite)

rlchu

Hi All,

I'm considering sailing on Discovery, and it will be my husband, my two year old son, and myself. 

My husband has only recently (last couple years) developed a very bad snore. No ear plugs work, and sleeping in the same room, no matter how spacious, is not an option.  We either have to have a suite with real walls and door that shuts, or we will have to get adjoining cabins. 

Can anyone help clarify if there is such a room configuration on the ship?  Also, if it's ridiculously expensive, it might be more affordable for us to spring for two basic interior cabins. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Most full suits have a bedroom area and a sitting area with a sofa. They are separated by a partial wall with a opening and a curtain that closes. There are lots of options for connecting cabins. These have a full closing door in the entrance way. You can find them on the Princess site under on board our ships/deck plans. Check the box for connecting cabins.

A problem will be your fares. You and your son will be fared as two in one cabin, your husband will have to pay a single supplement for his cabin. If you wish to have either the plus or premier fares I believe that both you and your child will both have to purchase that fare. Cabin cat. does not come into play. Normally the first two in the cabin are required to purchase a plus or premier fare. In your case that would be you and your 2 year old. I don't know if there is fine print that exempts infants below a certain age from this requirement. You would have to check this out with a T.A. or Princess.

7 hours ago, rlchu said:

Hi All,

I'm considering sailing on Discovery, and it will be my husband, my two year old son, and myself. 

My husband has only recently (last couple years) developed a very bad snore. No ear plugs work, and sleeping in the same room, no matter how spacious, is not an option.  We either have to have a suite with real walls and door that shuts, or we will have to get adjoining cabins. 

Can anyone help clarify if there is such a room configuration on the ship?  Also, if it's ridiculously expensive, it might be more affordable for us to spring for two basic interior cabins. 

Thanks for any advice. 

I don't know how far away your cruise is and whether you have time or not, but has your husband been tested for sleep apnea?  Several years ago, I had developed a terrible snoring problem and my DW could not sleep in the same room.  After too many years of this, I was tested for sleep apnea and diagnosed with it.  I have been on a CPAP machine ever since and it has totally stopped the snoring.  My DW has been able to sleep in the same room ever since I started on it, which has been 7 years now.

Edited by TAW1963
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

I don't know how far away your cruise is and whether you have time or not, but has your husband been tested for sleep apnea?  Several years ago, I had developed a terrible snoring problem and my DW could not sleep in the same room.  After too many years of this, I was tested for sleep apnea and diagnosed with it.  I have been on a CPAP machine ever since and it has totally stopped the snoring.  My DW has been able to sleep in the same room ever since I started on it, which has been 7 years now.

That was my first thought.  Much cheaper to do a sleep study with insurance than get two cabins.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

Thanks for your response. Yes, he's done a sleep study. The Dr says the only thing that will help is a surgical procedure to remove part of his throat. We've not decided to move forward with the surgery yet and are in limbo with the snoring. 

It looks like two cabins it is, but the premium fare will be OUCH.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rlchu said:

Thanks for your response. Yes, he's done a sleep study. The Dr says the only thing that will help is a surgical procedure to remove part of his throat. We've not decided to move forward with the surgery yet and are in limbo with the snoring. 

It looks like two cabins it is, but the premium fare will be OUCH.

I am so sorry to hear that drastic surgery is the only possible remedy.   We were fortunate that a CPAP machine solved my problem.  The  two cabins will be necessary for you to get a good nights sleep and enjoy the cruise.  Good luck!   

56 minutes ago, rlchu said:

This sounds like a great idea! Thanks 

If you and hubby do want the Plus Cruise Fare package, speak with your (hopefully) experienced TA or a PCL rep and inquire about options such as excluding the 2-year old from being assigned the package.  I would imagine that on board you could re-assign the package to hubby.  Also, important to know you don't have to pre-order Plus package and can buy it on board on Day 1.  You might get some flexibility from Guest Services given that you and hubby would both be buying it, excluding the toddler.