Any Thought on Shangri-La Hotel

Tedferg

It's a good hotel, you shouldn't have any complaints. 

As you say, the location is good, as are the views. It's just usually priced highly because of that, but if you got a good deal as well, even better.

I stayed there twice in 2019...my first time in Australia.  The views, of course were fantastic!  The service was excellent, and I loved my room. I was in a Horizon Club room and the staff really took care of everything I wanted!  The only change I would have liked would be a casual type of restaurant option in the hotel.  There are a lot of options for food all around the hotel as well.

~Nancy

We are regulars at the Shangri-La Hotel Sydney and highly recommend that you book a Horizon Club room which will give you access to a fabulous club lounge with 270 degree views of the harbour that Sydney is famous for. Breakfast, all day non-alcoholic beverages (including great coffee), afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapes are all included. We've never had to eat out for dinner after the evening canape service - it's awesome! If you go, say hello to Jerry, the head butler who has been there for more than 20 years and tell him that George and Sonja sent you (he will look after you!!!) 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We stayed prior to a cruise earlier this year. Loved the hotel but there is a lot of stairs to go down to the cruise terminal. Depends on how much luggage you have and the weather. 
It was raining so we decided to catch a taxi down, as it was a Sunday a lot of the roads were blocked off for markets. We had to go down in a roundabout way. Did cost a lot more than expected. 

we have booked at the Rydges for our next cruise nice easy walk to ship